1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College football B12 and SEC - who ya got?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DaDakota, Dec 6, 2008.

1. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

The entire crew stinks. I thought the announcers on the Big Ten Network were bad. Old Verne needs to hang up his mic.

2. Astro101

Astro101 Member

More shots of Urban's daughters plz.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Florida did end up covering after all.

Game was good until the final 7 minutes.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Props to Bama for the effort, but they didn't have the horses to win this game. I thought UF would pull out ahead early and stay that way, but not having Harvin really slowed them down. If he had played, this game would have been a whipping.

In the BCS Title Game, I want UF to beat OU.

5. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

WTF do they keep saying that Florida will automatically go to the BCS championship game? I thought that there still is a chance for UT- considering that we are raping them in the computer rankings?!? They were like: "Florida WILL go.", "I will not watch the championship if this team isn't playing". "Tim Tebow, how do you feel now that you are in the championship?"

6. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Because CBS covers the SEC.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Why? Don't you want the big 12 to represent?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't have any conference loyalty. If OU loses today, I'll want UT to beat UF. Over the years, I've liked Florida for some reason.

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Why does the OU band play the fight song after EVERY F'kin play! They threw an incomplete pass a minute ago and played the fight song. What idiots.

10. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I hope UT does get the nod over UF. Some of you BCS gurus, what's the likelyhood of that happening?

11. surrender

surrender Member

It's disgusting to see an undeserving team in the B12 CCG (and I'm not even a UT fan)

12. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Dude, we have no control over that r****ded band (seriously I HATE the OU band). When I was still going there, I'd be at a game and the team would have something bad happen like a turnover or a three and out yet the band would launch right into another rendetion of "Boomer Sooner." The whole student section would be looking at each other like "WTF are they doing?"

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Chase Coffman is the best tight end.
    THAT DOESNT PLAY TIGHT END.
    He is in the damn slot 90% of the time.

14. Astro101

Astro101 Member

No matter what happens, teams I hate will be in the NCG. And yet, I'll be glued to the tv.

15. Murdock

Murdock Member

C'mon Mizzou... Everyone knows that Oklahoma stands no chance whatsoever against Florida or Texas in a BCS game.. Hell they'll choke against Boise state for that matter.. Win and send a decent team to play against Florida or Texas in the NC game.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, you're right that it's not automatic, but there's a VERY good chance Florida leap frogs UT.

Florida was already ahead in the Harris poll. UT was 3rd. In the Coaches Poll, UT was 3rd and Florida was 4th. But the difference between the two was only by 11 points.

So it stands to reason that after beating #1 Alabama, Florida will increase its lead over idle Texas in the Harris Poll and overtake UT in the Coaches Poll.

The thing that has kept Florida down in the current standings are the computer polls where they're 6th. UT is 2nd. While Florida may not overtake UT in the CPU polls, they will certainly close the gap.

So if you assume that Florida will be leading in both human polls and will close the gap in the CPU polls, it looks good for Florida.

UT's only hope is that Florida doesn't gain enough ground in the CPU polls and that the difference between the two is enough to offset the gains Florida will make in the human polls. Florida is behind OU, UT, Bama, Tech, and UT in the CPU Polls. Knowing the computers, it's possible that Bama will still be above Florida in the CPU polls and if that happens, I guess it's possible that UT could finish ahead of Florida. But it's not likely.

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Wow. Pretty defense oriented thus far. I hope DeMarco's injury isn't too serious. This team really depends on him.

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's disgusting that Virginia Tech (a team wasn't even in the Top 25 in the Harris, Coaches, or AP polls) is going to be in a BCS game because they won the ACC.

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

lol. Schooner hitch broke. I hated when that would happen on Oregon Trail. You'd have to sit there a trade for like ten minutes.

20. Murdock

Murdock Member

At least VA tech is capable of winning a BCS game. Recent history has proven that OU is an automatic choke job, no matter who they play. So I hope that Mizzou can win this thing and provide the nation with at least a somewhat competetive and entertaining NC game.

OU would be slaughtered by Florida.