1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[chron] Steve Francis ...finally ready to compete at practice for court time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by worzel gummidge, Nov 28, 2008.

1. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

I doubt that happens. Meaning if we blow them out which i hope we do no Kaman tonight Steve still won't play. I expect him to get the Dorsey treatment. Basically just dress up and not come in the game at all. Another thing is Steve hasn't really practiced with the team. Im not sure how many practices he did during training camp but i know he is just practicing with the team now. Only 2 1/2 practices since coming back i dont think thats enough to play.

2. Htown57

Htown57 Member

The scenarios in which steve francis plays in this game:

A. The Last 55 seconds of the game, up by 30+

B. Artest and head spontaneously combust

3. hmittal

hmittal Member

I agree with that. I also think that steve will defenitely make up for the scoring while McGrady is being a little girl.

4. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

no steve dont suit up!! i know when he doesnt play the haters will come here and bash him..im sticking to allstar break when i expect to see steve. cmon guys hes had 2 1/2 practices and hasnt played in almost a year what do you expect out of him?! if he plays i expect nothing and everyone has been saying wait until allstar break and thats what im going to do. After allstar break if he doesnt play then i officially give up on him

5. Tmcrcks1

Tmcrcks1 Member

so its a for sure thing that he's suiting up ?

6. j-rox

j-rox Member

7. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Maybe all cylinder are not firing yet but there's hope. Bring it on Stevie! :cool:

8. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Here's Jason's blog entry for the lazy:

Steve Francis and Ron Artest Update
    Dec 3, 2008
    One of these days, this blog will be about more than just injury updates, I swear...

Steve Francis is in the news today since he'll be suiting up as an emergency option for Coach Adelman due to the Rockets' tenuous injury situation. This marks the first time this season Francis will be wearing a uniform in a game situation.

After this morning's shootaround, Francis was in good spirits and spoke about his feelings putting on a jersey for tonight's game:

"They had to go get it out of the Compaq Center," he said laughing. "They had to go find it. So [we're] going to dust it off tonight.

"It's a gradual process and if I don't get in there tonight, I don't really worry about that. I'm just really trying to continue get my timing and get closer to being out on the court."

Francis says the toughest thing will be getting himself back into game shape.

"I think it will be the hardest thing. Any player will tell you that their first game [is tough from a conditioning standpoint]. You can run all you want on the court or on the treadmill, but the actually game is hard."

Meanwhile, Ron Artest continues to be plagued by his sprained ankle. He says he's going to continue to play through the pain, but didn't rule out taking a bit of a break when injured players Tracy McGrady and Brent Barry return.

"We're going to see during the game. But we get Shane back tonight so that makes it a little bit easier to go out there and not have to put too much pressure on myself.

"With Mac out, we've got to get some wins. Hopefully when Mac and Brent get back, if it's still hurting, maybe I'll sit out for a game."

9. Tmcrcks1

Tmcrcks1 Member

hope to see him in atleast for a minute

10. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

This is as good news as any. Like others have said, Francis is still in "shaking off rust" mode. But I'm glad that his knee is fine now. I give it a week or two til he appears regularly in games.

I dont think he will but if he is subbed in tonight, I'll go nuts. It's funny cuz the only Rockets game I went to last season was the Rox vs. Phoenix aka Steve Francis' shocking first game back. The crowd and myself went bonkers.

11. Cocainecowboy

Cocainecowboy Member

I can't wait.....for those of you that dont know and are speculating on if Steve Francis can still play.....all of that talk will soon be put to bed...he may not get in the game tonight but he will get in the game within these next couple of games and you Steve Francis doubters will eat crow!!!

THE RETURN OF THE FRANCHISE

Staring

STEVE FRANCIS of the Houston Rockets / Rap-a Lot Mafia
    check Steve out in this video

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhPStyDv69eB0HRd83"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhPStyDv69eB0HRd83" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

common, ultimate comeback story Steve.

13. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I can't wait to see SF play but only when he is physically and mentally ready and know the plays. Plus I highly doubt he will play this week or even next week because he first needs to learn adelman's offense and defense. Did you guys forget last season in every game he played he looked lost!? (with the exception of phx) anyways, if he does play any time soon it will most likely be garbage minutes/seconds

14. H-town_playa2k2

If he gets in the game(BIG IF) the crowd will go nuts, and if he makes one shot the crowd will go ape s**t lol. I hope he gets a few garbage mins.

15. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

<going into typical BBS posting mode>

OH NOES, Artest wants to take a break?! Play through it! No heart! blah blah blah

<leaving typical BBS posting mode>

16. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

I will be there and starting the chant...

WE WANT STEVE!!!

17. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

That sounds awfully familiar, yet, which of you will call out Ron-Ron? That's what I thought.

18. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

now he can block marion in miami

19. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

He might as well since T-Mac's taking a paid vacation. This is the first time I've heard Artest even mention the injury since he's had it.

20. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

we all have varying opinions on what's going on. My take is he feels like it is better served for the team and himself to take himself out and rehab to come back "full strength." Not being a single-digit scorer hindering the team.

I think there's something to be said about, "he can play" and "he can play well" right now. If I were in his position, I would sit as well. I mean I've played with a rolled ankle. everyone has right? Something you can play through. But if I were to get a tight knee and a sharp pain in it that would automatically make all the muscles in my leg contract...I don't know man. That'd be hard to play well on.

Regardless of why he is missing the time, it all comes down to what he does when he comes back. If he can't deliver, he's going to really hear it.