1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

who here has given up on tmac for good now...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RaferMadness, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Its December folks. December!! Playoffs start in April. April! This is not the time to give up on your team or any of our players. Go ahead and give up now, but don't come crawling back.

2. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

wow before we knew he was out for 3 weeks I even said 1 week would turn into a month! it is getting there.

3. Christopher

Christopher Member

I gave up last year.

We have a history of players that play hard and who play above their own limits.

T Mac is one of the most talented players we have ever had, yet all he does is whinge, limp and choke when it matters, just like my ex girlfriend, and I don't like her any more either!

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I think we've all given up, because he looks like he's given up. Dude is hurt and I can respect that. However, Dr's. are giving conflicting reports.

Why does everyone care so much for a dude, who's never gotten us out of the 1st round even when healthy and up 2-0 by winning the 1st 2 on the road.

We actually believe he can deliver us now as a broken down superstar, please let's move forward with what we have and do the best we can.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I give up!

6. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

TMAC has been horrible. Let him get well then he can help this team win when it counts.

7. RaferMadness

RaferMadness Rookie

my 1 yr old daughter is tougher than stacy mclady

8. sw847

sw847 Member

I wouldn't say I have given up on Tmac. But I just hope these 3 weeks of 'rest' (rehab) will actually make him better...not just a waste of time.

I really feel that Tmac does not worth his wages though. He is still a great player, but not 20+ mil great.

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I'm with you.

We really shouldn't expect anything out of him anymore. I'd be content with any trade that doesn't leave us stuck with a longterm cap killer.

Can't believe we passed on Chauncey twice. :(

10. Ashes

Ashes Member

I've just about given up on this board.

I'll never give up on the Rockets, or anyone that wears their jersey.

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

why do i care for the dude? b/c he actually cares about winning, which i think most of you disagree with.

after he lost game 7 v. dallas, dude basically cried on national TV on the bench.

after he lost game 7 v. utah 2 years ago, dude cried in a press conference.

sure whatever tracy does in the reg. season is frustrating. he's too honest, he tells the media whenever aches he's feeling, whatever emotions he's having...

but we're stuck with him for 2 more years. and hopefully if he can continue this trend of stepping up in the playoffs, i don't know why anyone cares about what he does in the reg. season?

i know it's hard to be patient with tracy right now. but from what he said, it looks like he's gonna recover fully. he's a really honest guy esp. when it comes to the media so it's highly unlikely he makes such optimistic claims without knowing it can be done.

if not, well, we'll have a chance at another superstar in 2010.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

exactly. don't come in here clamoring how tracy is an MVP candidate when he tears in up after the all-star break like people did last yr.

don't come in here telling how the dude played with heart with 2 injuries v. the jazz and basically the only one who showed heart in game 6.

i'm fine with people giving up on him. but if he wins us a series or do anything great, don't praise him or "come around."

i'm looking forward to the team gelling starting right now. and when tracy comes back healthy, i look for him to have a very efficient season from then on (considering how good his jumper has looked despite little penetration).

13. m0lson

m0lson Member

i've given up on yao more than i have tracy

14. realtmacfans

realtmacfans Member

What makes you so sure of that?GOD told you?

15. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The team might be good enough to get past the first round with T-Mac. Still, seeing as he's soaking up $20 million worth of salary it would be nice to see him actually play.

16. nightwatch

nightwatch Rookie

the writing is on the wall. you have to be extremely deluded to think there is any hope left for she-Mac. The doctors diagnosed him they say theres nothing physically wrong with him, and yet he refuses to play. Can anyone explain WHY??

17. 1individual

1individual Member

Can you read, hater? It says 'soreness'.

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Worst case scenario: he's deliberately causing trouble because he's unhappy with coaching/management/whatever.

19. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

the doctors were wrong. when he got checked again, it showed that his knee was still healing. it is not fully healed. he is still at the 6th month of a healing process that takes 6-8months. tmac admits that he played too early because he wanted to help the rockets stack up the wins especially with the hard early season games. the doctor who took a look at him said that he should take a 2 week rest for the soreness. with a light schedule coming up, it is the best time for tmac to rest and for the rest of the team to step up.

obviously, a lot of people here are misinformed or are just plain haters.

20. aggie87

aggie87 Member

yea we all know what tmac is capable of when healthy, HE IS NOT OLD, the guy is still hasn't even turned 30 yet, and he will come back healthy, and will be ready for the playoff....