1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luther Head to all his doubters:

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

He might did that a couple of times, but most of the time, he would be either miss the layup, or make a bad decision when the help defense come over. He was never someone who excel as a 1-on-1 player, even during his Illini days. His strength is outside shooting, and slash cuts. This doesn't mean he cannot improve, and finished better around the basket, but I just don't think that will happen with this Rockets team.

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

He played really well, seems like the time off is good. He is improving his game....

3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

First thing I thought while watching the game.

Let's see if he can put a couple of reasonable games together.

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

all part of the master plan ;)

MAKE IT HAPPEN MOREY!!! :cool:

5. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

HEAD IS AWESOME!! ;) :D

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

whats the point of starting a one word thread like this? Is it to show off your "oh look I'm so smart" by starting an instant reaction thread like this...

oh now everyone go start a thread going "hey look Rafer to all his supporters STFU 50% shooting! (FOR ONE GAME ONLY OUT OF 21421 GAMES)

7. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

I JUST WANT HIM TO GET MORE MINUTES BEFORE HE HAS TO SAY GOODBYE! :rolleyes: :)

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

honestly if you think ur thread is meant to be funny then I really think u have issues

9. FFz

FFz Member

give me some head all day any day! God i love it when head does well.

10. leavehouston

leavehouston New Member

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Anyone else not surprised by Luther's performance? I figured him good for at least 16 points when they said he was starting. That doesn't mean he has a place in the rotation when everyone is healthy because he does not.

He is great a making teams pay when they ignore him. The problem is when they decide to pay attention to him on the offensive end he tends to be a liability. He is only valuable to this team as a 3 point shooter and he isn't a very good one anymore.

I'm glad he had a nice game, by the way I just think he would be better served on a bad team that needed some offense more than it needed good decision making and high basketball IQ.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

When the offense is executing the way it's supposed to, Luther can benefit as much as anyone. He has above average quickness for a 2-guard, and uses that well moving off the ball. He's a good perimeter shooter. And despite the known deficiencies on defense, he's a veteran who understands the schemes and knows where where he's supposed to be.

If Luther plays well again tomorrow, Adelman may have to rethink keeping Barry ahead of him in the rotation. It's a good problem to have.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Barry hasn't exactly been performing better than Head did

14. killlogan

killlogan Member

I'm cheerful to see luther exploding this game, but what cheers me more is taht Dorsey had his debut of his NBA career.

By the way, I'm gonna reveal a trade that involves tmac and barry. Barry was signed this summar so he can't be traded until dec 5, there's nothing wrong with barry's health and tmac is also 100percent healthy, the only reason they were sidelined is that they have been traded. This traded can't be officially anounced until dec5 due to barry's issues, but Tmac isn't gonna wear our jersey anymore. We saw SF sitting next to yao in tonight's game, but we didn't see tmac or barry anywhere. I'm not sure where these two guys are gonna traded to, but I can guarantee that they're traded.

15. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I believe the credit should go to Rick Adelman for finally figuring out the correct way to maximize Luther's strengths while minimizing his deficiencies. As we saw tonight, he is excellent off the ball and can be an explosive scorer (which we have seen flashes of throughout his career in Houston). What you need to do is get him moving without the ball, and more importantly, minimize his ball handling duties.

Luther deserves props too, though. I see marked improvement in his decision making. He actually uses his quickness to his advantage now and I don't think he committed a single turnover tonight ... no palming violations and no passes into traffic.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is this based on some inside information, or is it speculation?

17. Ashes

Ashes Member

Go one game performance!

I used to like me some Head, and I actually still do, in a different way, but let's wait before we get all excited about Head. If we start getting this kind of Head nightly, then by all means should we burst with joy. Head this good will do wonders for the team. This sort of great Head will satisfy our team's needs and the needs of our fans. We should hope for this Head each night, but until then, don't get all excited and celebrate prematurely.

18. rockets_fanatic

We have seen this from Head before. He is as inconsistant as the posters here. He will not have a 20+/5/5 games for the rest of the season.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

head is great and just b/c head has been bad in the postseason b4 does not mean you stop getting head in the postseason. Head improves with experience and strength of the union. :D

20. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

lol, the perfect poster for a luther head tread.

BTW, i will not be surprise if this is his best game of the season. Every shooter can get hot now and then, look at Wafer... who cant buy a basket anymore.

As some posters have said it, trade him while his hot.