1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox not just needs chemistry, but athleticsm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steven_orgy, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Battier for Outlaw will solve this problem.

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, outlaw is good and whatnot but I'm not trading Battier straight up for him. No way.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Superlative stereotypical foreign rookness.

Welcome!

4. Kwame

Who needs tall, athletic basketball players that have talent and can jump through the roof when you have Battier, Chuck Hayes, and Rafer Alston. :rolleyes:

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

http://tinyurl.com/5v7k8x

6. killlogan

killlogan Member

We have never ever had athleticsm since we drafted Yao instead Stoudmire. We had got some athleticsm through these years but most of the "athleticsms" have been either traded or released.

Gerald Green, Rudy Gay, Swift, Griffin (still sorry for this guy), Snyder (now at CBA, chinese CBA), Bob Sura (high-flyer although he's a white), Arzubuke.
    Compared to
    Wesley, Juwan, Battier (pretty athletic generally but much less athletic than Gay who was traded for him), Dorsey (dorsey is athletic but being wasted on our team)

7. Kwame

Are you really comparing Outlaw to Swift? Wow! Hopefully, this is the alcohol talking. Outlaw is a polished offensive player. He can handle the ball and easily shoot over defenders, has 3 point range, and can make big shots. He is an exceptional athlete with long arms and great leaping ability who attacks the boards and he's not a defensive liabilty either. He doesn't have a bad bball iq as well. He also makes less than Battier. Shane is overrated by people like you. He does nothing offensively except for the corner three and his one on one defense is not that good...not a bad team defender though. Moreover, Battier is on the decline while Outlaw still has upside, but who wants talent, right? The Rockets are going all the way based on "hustle" and "intangibles." :rolleyes:

Gimme a freaking break.

Maybe you can tell us why Daryl Morey wanted to trade Battier for Outlaw.

8. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I was just responding to your first statement. When you said tall athletic players that jump through the roof, that is Stro Swift.

And why would the Blazers want Battier if you think he's that bad? Yeah Kevin Pritchard is just salivating over the thought.

I'd rather overrate Battier then someone like Steveo ISO Dribble the clock out Francis. And please quote me where I overrate Battier (where I make some lame ass statement like "Steve...errr Shane has heart and passion, I still believe in him") otherwise you might want to stop talking out of your ass.

9. Kwame

I guess you're not going to tell us why Daryl Morey wanted to trade Battier for Outlaw then.