1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do NOT chant "We Want Steve" at Toyota Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bucket, Nov 29, 2008.

1. bucket

bucket Member

This is related to the thread about Francis's improved health.
    http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=158350&page=5&pp=20

Not that anyone would be idiotic enough to do this, but I think it's worthwhile to make sure that even the possibility is squelched right now.

Do NOT start that chant up again. The Rockets are trying to find their identity right now. It will be a while before Steve gets back into the rotation. Moreover, as always, the coaches are better informed than we fans are. So, as much as we all want to see Steve back on the court, we need to just relax and let that happen whenever is best for the team and for Francis. The Rockets have enough trouble playing home games without us messing with their chemistry. So don't.

K?

2. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

get lost...Stevie rulez...I wanna see him play, he cant do much worse than rafer has been lately anyways.

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

trust me he can, and he admits he can

4. bucket

bucket Member

I didn't say anything different than this. However, that doesn't change the fact that chanting "WE WANT STEVE!!!!" at this point would be stupid and counter productive.

5. dafranchise0309

Steve is the answer to all our problems. I will personally hand out flyers to the first 10,000 fans saying "PUT STEVE IN!! WE WANT STEVE"

6. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

I think chanting "we want steve" is the least our problems right now

7. killlogan

killlogan Member

He's the answer to out PG problem at least.

8. ShadowProphet

ShadowProphet Member

speaking of chants...i was thinking that when yao steps up to shoot a freethrow or scores or something, everyone should start chanting "EAT THE HEAD, EAT THE HEAD, EAT THE HEAD"!!

9. bucket

bucket Member

Then surely Adelman will include him in the rotation as soon as possible, right? Why do you feel the need to pressure the organization and introduce friction into the situation? The team is in a very delicate position, and unless you think Adelman is hiding some kind of evil malice against Steve, it would be best to let things run their course naturally.

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

not right now he's not

"Francis said the knee might be but his game is not. He said his timing is off and he is trying to learn the offense."

11. bucket

bucket Member

Perhaps, but it's one of the very few problems that can be addressed by a fan on a message board. I could start a thread entitled, "Make your free throws! Jeez!" but it probably wouldn't accomplish much.

12. blackistan

blackistan Member

Just because you don't want steve back doesn't mean the rest of us don't I hope he comes back to play for us keep the chants coming

13. dafranchise0309

To the OP, do you really think the coaching staff cares what the fans want? They do not check clutchfans to take advice from people like you who are saying do not chant such and such. This thread is r****ded and pointless, being a rockets fan should have no limits to say wtf I want at the game. I could yell over and over "Trade Tmac for Marbury" Would that doing anything? no

14. cshen

cshen Member

Sorry, he's not.

You saw him play last year, didn't you. He sucked as a point guard, at least for now.

15. DreamRoxCoogFan

last i checked, its a free country. and im pretty sure it doesnt make a difference what the fans chant, the coaches will put in whoever gives them the best chance to win.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If it has no impact on the coaching staff, why bother with the chant? Why don't you instead make yourself useful at the game and chant in favor of the players who are actually on the court. That's what being a Rockets fan is about.

17. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

If Andre Miller, Baron Davis, and Jason Terry are having great years, I don't know why Stevie can't have one too. They're all from they same draft class.

18. bucket

bucket Member

Right, because I totally said that.

Do you really think that the chanting is going to help Steve get back on the court? All it will accomplish is to upset Steve, annoy the coaches, and make the other points feel undercut. Kind of like last year, only more pointless, since Steve is by his own admission not close to being able to play NBA basketball yet.

Actually, part of my point is that the coaches don't care what the fans think about the rotation, which is why chanting isn't going to help Steve. What it will do is mess with his emotions, as he said in the article:

"The toughest thing is when the fans do that chanting. If they do that chanting... again I'm going to cry."

Why do you want to upset Steve?

You have every right to start the chants up if you want. If I were a Dallas fan, that's exactly what I'd do. Of course it won't impact the coaches. But it will have a hell of an adverse effect on some of the players, just as a mass chant calling for Tmac to be traded would.

See my response above.

Here here.

I absolutely think so, too. Let's welcome him back when he really returns, which I have every confidence will be soon.

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

The very first game I go to where Steve's healthy and Alston is building a neighborhood of brick houses..........I'm starting the "we want Steve" chant, sorry.

20. eckostylez

eckostylez Member

Do you honestly think any of the players care?

I feel like chanting this now because you made this idiotic post in the GARM.
    Anyone else down with chanting We Want Steve at the next few home games?