1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMac's knee, mostly mental or physical?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 26, 2008.

?

Is Tmac's knee issue mostly Mental or Physical

1. Mental - he has to gain confidence in his knee

134 vote(s)
    62.6%
  2. Physical - the pain is just too much for him

80 vote(s)
    37.4%
  1. Ashes

Ashes Member

<Insert generic McGrady insult>

:rolleyes:

Go Rockets.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

i understand that, but you dont have to compete against the greatest atheletes in the world either. On your part, you dont make 20m, i dont guess. Last year when Yao started struggling, you knew it was something wrong. It wasnt just mental, but he was dragging his leg. A couple days later, he was done for the season. I mean Tracy hasnt been a great defender since his 1st year here when you could basically put him on anyone. Now, he's way past bad as far as lateral and even lift. Personally as with all the major players, i want him healthy. I want Yao healthy and Artest also because the season is defined in may and june, not november/december. They have some games they can win and unlike in years past, they have a perimter closer. The record used to suck without Tracy because we had no one that could close the game out. Now with Artest on the defender and Yao on the blocks, we have a perimeter playmaker that can close games out.

3. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 Member

I have went through this time and time again with DD, but he won't listen:

T-MAC'S PAIN ISN'T COMING SOLELY FROM THE SURGERY!!! He was hobbled and shot 35% the last month of the season with 2 injuries. He missed a month of action last year because his doctors and Adelman told him to 'play through the pain' in which he re-aggrivated his knee. He had the first 2 surgeries of his career 1 week after he carried the Rockets to 6 games against the Jazz. The source of the knee pain is NOT from the loose bodies that were removed by surgery, that was just to help ease the discomfort and enable him to make a full recovery.

MOST IMPORTANTLY- HE HAS DONE EXACTLY WHAT ADELMAN HAS WANTED THIS YEAR AND PLAYED THROUGH THE PAIN, AND HE HAS GOTTEN PROGRESSIVELY WORSE ATHLETICALLY!!!

I certainly think some of it is mental, but I think his biggest problem is his injured knee.

4. longhornchampno

Maybe people wouldn't assume whatever you say is dumb if you have not been a troll here. You have to gain respect by making sensible and intelligent posts. Since you have been acting dumb and making worthless comments, you deserve it. You should start acting like a man and stop whining.

5. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

What if I'm a woman? I could be pretty offended right now...

6. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Says the Rookie to the Member . . .

Someone obviously doesn't think your posts calling people out are that impressive.

Pot meet kettle.

Now when is our next BABY STOMPAS meeting?

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

DD always thinks tracy only thinks of himself. i think tracy knows his body the best (as indicated by last season). not the doctors, coaches, or trainers.

like you said, last year, the docs and trainers totally blew his knee diagnosis and that caused him to worsen the problem.

with that said, i trust tracy b/c he knows his body more than anybody. he's been injured before. he knows what he needs to do.

as long as he can get healthier for the playoffs, i'm all for it.

8. longhornchampno

I am trying to straighten out an idiot. What do you not like about it? Perhaps you feel bad for your partner because you both are at the same level of idiocy?

9. mlwoo

. . . . says the Rookie to the Member.

10. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Looking to hang onto that rookie status I see.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Seems like you might be a rookie for awhile with talk like that.

12. longhornchampno

Thanks for the advice. But please keep in mind that I made the above posts not based on what they said today in this thread. You can make your own judgment about what kind of poster that pigmiller is by reading his former posts. I have made my own already.

13. mlwoo

Owned.

14. longhornchampno

It's an advice and I took it. I have also explained why I have made those comments. My point is that you always have to be ready for being called out if you have acted stupid before. However you try to spin it, the posts that you quoted are nothing compared with how many people have called you out on your idiotic one-liner posts before.

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It's physical.

Les Alexander, Morey and Adelman all got together and decided to tank the season. The best way to do that is to play the injured superstar until he breaks. They have paid big $$ to have the MRIs faked to show no structural damage, the training staff bribed to lie and fake Doctorate degrees made so that men claiming to be medical experts can lie about McGrady's knee.

That's gotta be it because that is much more entertaining than the truth. The truth is everything we have read from all the guys who KNOW how McGrady is doing and everything we know from the guys who have something to lose if McGrady is not healthy for the playoffs say he can and should play.

16. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Look, I'm as hard on TMac as anyone, but please ... if the guy is hurt the guy is hurt. There is no point in questioning how much he is hurt.

17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My question is, TMac said what 2 days ago he was not going to play tonight. Yet...you read Chron tonight and he is saying that its sore and didnt feel good in practice and thats why he is not playing....I think he just doesnt want to play this game because Shane coming back and he has a feeling that we wont miss him as much against the Pacers.....which is B.S. he should play every game if he is good to go...rather sore or not....until a medical professional tells him to shut it down, or sit for a game...he should play , practice and workout like all others...how can you get stronger if you just want to rest it.

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

It all depends on his knee and how's it responding... Like I said in my earlier post, some days he will feel good and some days he want.

I a lot of times it's not about the surgery; but the rehab. This is not to say T-Mac is lazy or not working hard, it could be that the Rehab he's doing is not respoding like correctly.

So I see nothing wrong with what he said or with what he's doing.

19. bbjai

bbjai Member

I love it when people compare his knee to their own surgury too. His knee has gone through alot more stress then any of ours have ever done. If his not responding to rehab there must be a reason. Medical isn't just white and black and the knee is one of the most complex joints of them all when it comes to working it. His hurt his hurt, it couldn't be a variety of reasons. Whatever it is, he doesn't have lift and that much is obvious. Why slag him for, whatever his doing his trying to get it right not make it worse.

20. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

Any sort of pain is both mental and physical in nature.. that's why people have differing thresholds of pain. We don't know exactly how bad T-Mac's knee is on a purely physical level, but it doesn't matter since both aspects are inextricable from each other, and the injury as a whole is clearly affecting his performance this season

What you and several others are really trying to say is that (insert derogatory play on Tracy's name related to lack of heart/toughness/manhood) hasn't been playing well due to a lack of heart/toughness/manhood. We get it already :rolleyes: