1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

will francis have his jersey retired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by verse, Nov 24, 2008.

Tags:
?

will the rockets retire francis' jersey?

1. yes

15.2%
  2. no

84.8%
  1. verse

verse Contributing Member

simple question. when francis retires, do you think the rockets will retire his jersey alongside dream, murph, rudy t, et al?

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

As it stands, no. If Barkley didn't get the honor, Stevie shouldn't either.

3. jasona88

jasona88 Member

yes. plz.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

why are you stirring this up, do you hate francis that much? you know he isn't and you know he shouldn't, a thread just to start another francis argument. com on, you're better than that

5. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

Where's the "Hell, no" option?

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

a francis retirement ceremony will draw about as many fans as he and mobley and moochie used to draw in their heyday in 01

7. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

probably not...it's sad to say. :(

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

at his retirement, they can show a compilation of videos of him "running" a 2-1, 3-2, and 3-1 fastbreaks..

NO..

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

In the interest of fairness, they could show all the sure-thing post feeds Kelvin Cato managed to fumble.

10. GMAC

GMAC Member

What the heck has he done for this franchise? Rode on the back of Yao Ming to reach the playoffs ONCE in the Franchise era. Then proceeded to get swept and traded with his butt buddy across the country. Nothing more than an AND1 shoot first "PG" who had some mad hops and slamma-jamma skills.

Rafer Alston could take his # for all I care. :cool:

11. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Yes, but Cuttino's house has plenty of room.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they skipped the whole Steve Francis Era in the 41 years of tradition video
    (I know they show Francis later when he rejoined, but everyone else got their name in giant bold letters)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMzBjVIVylI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EMzBjVIVylI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thought I didn't Steve wasn't that great, he definitely deserved a bold lettered intro.

13. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

I would retire T-Mac's jersey this instant before Stevie.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

probably not, mainly because he doesn't fit with the others up there, not only for their great play, but long meaningful careers with Houston. Although Steve has been a rocket for a while, at least 2 yrs are tainted because of injury.

That being said, if he gets healthy, comes back to play this season and houston wins a ring, with steve playing meaningful minutes, then I think he may have it retired then.

15. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

the radio guys answered this once,they brought up a good point,for years he was all we had to brag about,represent us at allstar weekend,sell tickets,etc.

and you cant deny the love houston has for him.

also with sura and steve that number has been bad luck,lets retire it for good.

i am superstitous at times and i noticed two things that have been a injury curse since 06: luther and #3...

but bad luck aside,i say do it.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

no doubt he could run the p-n-r alleyoop to perfection, among other things. He had serious issues when he had to make quick decisions that had to be second-nature (like running a break)

17. CHAD444

CHAD444 Contributing Member

is this serious????????? who voted yes??? if you did..........you are subject to random drug testing!

18. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Well said. Excellent point. I won't even bother reading the other posts.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He represented an entire era of Rockets basketball and single handedly kept us afloat. Is that enough to warrant retiring his jersey? No...

Is the fact that he was there to pull ping pong ball #1 out of the vat enough to warrant his jersey being retired? Thats on Yao.

20. Asian Sensation

Considering Bob Sura wore #3 after Francis I guess that's a no?