1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best iPhone Apps

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Master Baiter, Nov 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You need wifi for files over 10mb...otherwise, you can just use your 3g or edge network.

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I wondered why it seems to work sometimes... though also occasionally I can't connect to the appstore at all and it says something about because of no wifi.

*shrugs*

3. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Iphone firmware update 2.2 is out tonight, BTW. One of the additions is Google Street View in the maps app. It's pretty well done.

4. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

Cool, thanks for the heads up

BTW does anyone know how to use AirSharing and NetShare properly?

I've tried using both but, NetShare wouldn't connect and AirSharing wasn't working

5. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Thanks for the heads up!
    Please let there be 'Copy and Paste' and 'picture txt'!

EDIT:
    Cool! :cool:

CRAP! How do they avoid something so obvious! :mad:

#25 Gummi Clutch, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  6. CrazyDave

Airsharing works fine for me.... but I am on a mac. Haven't tried it for PC yet, but I intend to since I use both.

All I can say is that following the directions, it worked right away for me.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up on Flycast, awesome, now I can get rockets games when I'm on the road. FTW!

Ah, one more thing, I read about streaming TV from your PC to your iPhone using something called Orb , anyone use it/heard of it? MAC desktop (and Linux) not out yet, but wonder how well it works, and if overuse gets AT&T mad at ya.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

cool about the podcasts i have to check out the street maps of course it would have been useful if i had this when i was in NYC last friday.

anyone know if you can download songs from itunes via the 3g network yet? that was one of the things i wish they had sometimes i would remember a song at the gym or in the car and would want to get it and i would have to wait to find a wifi hotspot around or get home to download it.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

ack just tried to download a song via the itunes store and it wouldnt let me know

dunno why they havent made this feature available yet

9. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

I'm still holding out hope for flash, so I can get NBA LP.

10. CrazyDave

You can't dl songs on the iPhone via 3g?

loving my original iphone more all the time. Streetview is very cool, if a little disturbing (who was taking all these pictures of my house? ) and podcasts via itunes store is very cool.

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

OrbLive works great. I hooked up a cable connection to my wife's laptop at home via the built-in TV tuner, and now I can watch live and recorded TV anytime I want to. The quality is pretty good (and customizable, depending on your connection type). TV channels take like a minute to acquire, which is annoying, but oh well.

Side benefit: With Orb, I can access the webcam in the laptop, too, so I can creepily watch my wife use her computer. :)

12. ptR91

ptR91 Member

Bump to 2013.
    Any apps I can use in my daily life. ANY app. I'll dl whatever ya suggest.

13. Swag

Swag Member

instagram. best app ever

14. goophers

goophers Member

A good free game is Star Trek Rivals. It's pretty fun (my wife is addicted now), though the only thing Star Trek about it is background pictures. If you download and play the tutorial, put in the code JPEIPC.