1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Yao, Barkley, Wade TV Commercial

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Nov 20, 2008.

1. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tHTJ4xdljlc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tHTJ4xdljlc&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. cmellon

cmellon Member

Yao's Comfort Food

Too much negativity lately... let's talk about shrimp instead

Video:
    http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=BdPdKKUbD9M

Article
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6123703.html

The continuing melodrama of Charles Barkley and Dwyane Wade and, of course, their cellular telephones, launched a new season Thursday night with the addition to the mix of Rockets center Yao Ming and a bowl of live shrimp.

In the advertisement for T-Mobile, which premiered Thursday night on TNT, Barkley and Wade are presented at a Chinese restaurant with what the waitress describes as Yao’s favorite dish – drunken shrimp, which are freshwater shrimp delivered to the table alive but stunned by immersion in a potent Chinese liquor.

Barkley, who as we know from a previous T-Mobile advertisement does not eat shrimp, and Wade balk at the delicacy but are prodded by the cook, the waitress and Yao.

The center calls in from his mobile phone as one of Barkley’s “Fave Five” with instructions to “eat … the … head … eat … the … head.”

Barkley and Wade, of course, decline.

“Charles might even be a better actor than he was a basketball player,” Yao said in remarks released by the company. “I really like how the commercial turned out, but next time they better really eat the shrimp.”

The new spot, titled “Yao’s Comfort Food” and produced by Publicis West USA in Seattle, is the first of three in T-Mobile’s fourth season of NBA-themed advertisements, said Jenna Beardsley-Smith, the company’s director of advertising. She would not say which players would appear in the future spots.

“We liked the international flavor of it, coming off the heels of the Olympics,” she said. “It reflects the international flavor of the NBA. Yao was a good fit, and he is a very funny man.”

By the way, Beardsley-Smith said no shrimp were actually harmed during the filming of the commercial.

3. dafranchise0309

They showed this comericail at TC last night...i would of laughed if we weren't getting our asses wooped...pretty funny though

4. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Best fave 5 commercial since the first one. They were actually starting to become pretty lame.

5. cshen

cshen Member

Love D-wade's reaction at the end.

6. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

tsu long bao, chat tsu bao, shieu mai, hac cao, mmmm!

7. realrockyboy

realrockyboy Rookie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_shrimp

As far as I know not all Chinese like it, and I'll stick with my chicken/steak diet.......

8. tsunami

tsunami Member

LOL that's funny...

9. tsunami

tsunami Member

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :D

10. ibm

ibm Member

i've had the shrimp in china. it was awesome.

11. tsunami

tsunami Member

Damn this is the only delightful time from Rockets these sad days.

12. cyruszhang

cyruszhang Member

what is a hac cao... i know hac a shaq

13. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

LMAO...I agree, that was one of the better T-Mobile commercials in a few years

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

I think that was his natural reaction, not acting.... :D

16. killlogan

killlogan Member

Yao's favourite is what can help him gain some weight lest being knocked off when he is in collision with a beast like Perkins.
    But the fact seems to be that he's eaten something that made him refuse to think about eating again, maybe he's eaten something Kobe has eaten too. They got that thing from Shaq, precisely from his ass or... ...
    "everybody, Kobe, tell me how my **** taste." :D

17. superweapon-yao

There's nothing more dangerous than a resourceful idiot.

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

That was actually pretty funny. Guess thats why dwade is in a lot of commercials, he's a pretty good actor.

19. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

drunken shrimp is actually not bad.

i tried it when i was young in qindao lmao. :D

20. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Haha at Yao's new southern accent