1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

INJURY UPDATES: Good news on Battier, T-Mac, Yao and Artest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Th3 Drunk Goat, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

It's interesting isn't it? The FO can't just lie to the fans about what's going on behind the scenes though.

But Battier and T-Mac are both taking much longer than expected to recover from what is supposed to be minor surgeries...

2. comehere2

comehere2 Member

will tmac ever shut up and deliver for once?

if you follow his stories and drama, all but negative.

team sports don't need this.

artest is very much different.

"injury? are you kidding me, i'll play."

skill is one thing, attitude and character are others.

3. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

But I think the injuries are bothering him a little more than he lets on as he's we've all seen on the point blank dunk/layups misses.

4. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

All sounds at least tolerable, except the MRI cancelled thing.

It's like it's one of two things... either something IS really wrong, and it can't be fixed or he/they don't want to fix it now, or it's just not that serious, and he's playing them/us or just plain full of drama.

Either way, it doesn't give me that "We are so destined for greatness" feeling that I was hoping for. My guess is that it's not that serious, and he doesn't want that revealed because whatever it is does happen to hurt a significant amount... but who knows really.

I say, GET THE FREAKIN' MRI ALREADY. It won't hurt a bit, and at least we will KNOW whether or not we're risking the rest of his season/career by going forward as we are.

Knowing is half the battle... GO ALREADY.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Well obviously that was really important and good news for us but I am a little bit concerned about Shane.

He has had A LOT OF time to rest and treat that foot and he still says he will play with pain. Gotta be kidding. Hopefully he will be back really ready to play.

Btw good to hear McGrady was running without any pain. Hopefully he will feel even better tomorrow and will play against mavs.

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

So T-Mac deals with the pain and *practices* (not even a game..he's going through practice too), and you still find a way to criticize it.

If he had sat out, you'd have said he's a pu**y for not playing through the pain.

So I guess he has no way out in your books, aside from not feeling any pain ever.

7. mag

mag Contributing Member

I am doubting our medical stuff. It seems like the players are deciding what is being done. Why cancel the MRI? Just because TMac feels like it is not needed? I think the MRI should be done to confirm nothing serious is going on.

Maybe we need to improve our medical stuff.

8. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

I don't understand why people are so negative. This is GREAT news for the Rockets.

Even a hurt McGrady is still the Rockets best player. If he doesn't have a good game, a lot of times the Rockets struggle.

We should be glad he was able to practice.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

if anyone who is good at photoshop wants to have at this pic i would be grateful :D

[​IMG]

10. The Brian

The Brian Member

glad yao is missing practices. we don't want to run him into the ground.

artest sounds like an absolute beast; supposedly his injury is a pretty bad sprain but he is ready to go. :D

mcgrady's mixed messages and drama is annoying, but i just hope he gets past it and ready to go asap.

battier returning will help our team as a whole. i guess yesterday's injuries was not as bad as we thought.

11. Precision340

Precision340 Member

someone watch howard very closely next game.. he's a dirty sob and wouldn't be surprised if he tried to injure one of our players

12. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

McGrady = too much drama. I'm tired of him feigning toughness by "playing through the pain". Dude had his knee scoped, that's it. It shouldn't be taking this long to heal.....unless he's just a P.

McGrady's vagina > McGrady's heart.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Oh Tracy - you do love the drama...

'Back to square one'

14. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

So you think hes faking it? Get the hell out of here with that Vanilla Ice, I mean Rice. :rolleyes:

15. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

I didn't say he's faking the injury. I said he is faking the toughness to play through it.

Like someone else said, quit talking about it and just do it. Artest & Battier are the prime examples of people who are just tough...they don't need to talk about it.

And the user name is a nickname from when I was in high school. It has nothing to do with Ice at all. At least you are classy about it though pal.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Does anyone else find humor in someone posting this who goes by the name of Vanilla Rice? If I never see the words McGrady and vagina used in the same sentence for the rest of my life, in any context, I will be relieved.

Look, who cares what McGrady says, ever? So what? He's a drama queen, an exaggerator, blah, blah, blah. All I care about is what I see on the court. And what I see is someone who is not giving it his all for all the time he's on the court. That's what I have a problem with.

But I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever count him out. Too talented. Too good. Too smooth. Too much court vision, 35-in-13, ridin-the-Bradley, double-double, playoff monster performance. I can't help it- everytime I want to call him lazy, washed up, overrated, pussified, apathetic, weak, brittle, etc.- he just proves me wrong. Just like Michael Corleone: "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in"- that's McGrady in a nutshell.

That's why he's the most intriguing Rocket on the team, by far.

#76 dandorotik, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  17. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

I'll do my part to oblige your request. :)

The username because I'm half Chinese and half white. My buddies in HS started calling me that in the early 90's when Ice was big. It kind of fits.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Um yeah, because knee problems and a rolled ankle are injuries on the same level. Why don't you give Artest back problems, an arthitic shoulder and a bum knee and see if he still says stuff like that :rolleyes:

What is wrong with you people and the haterade? Anyone with half a brain can tell his comments about "shutting it down" were more of a knee-jerk reaction than anything else. He was frustrated with his play, and felt a lot of pain and just decided that shutting it down would be the best thing to do. Then the next morning he didn't feel so bad and decided that maybe he could play afterall. Hello?!?! Its called being overly pessimistic and jumping to conclusions...you guys do it all the time, especially after a loss. Why don't you guys examine your bipolar tendencies first before commenting on Mcgrady's?

Sometimes I find myself wondering if clutchfans is really a rockets fansite :rolleyes: Hating on your own player is common, but man, Mcgrady can't do anything right in your eyes...

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

On Nov. 15th, Feigan talked about Steve is his blog:

20. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

QFT.

Owned. lol.

Seriously why do you guys care so much about what T-Mac or anyone says. If he's out there playing that's all you need to know. The rest of the team isn't a bunch of fragile little 7 year old girls who wait patiently on T-Mac to say something positive so they don't get bummed out... so don't even bring up the whole "he shouldn't talk like that for his teammates" crap.

If he plays, he plays. If he doesn't, he doesn't. As long as whatever he is doing is OK'd by the coach and training staff, it doesn't matter to me. We know that T-Mac is injury prone. We know Yao is too. We brought Artest in so we wouldn't struggle so much when one goes down.