1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How hard is it being a Texans fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Ron from the G, Nov 16, 2008.

1. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

So much for that.

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

I know exactly where your coming from. All my family in East Texas are die hard cowboy fans. I always get the business from them because I'm a Texans fan. Every time the cowboys win a game its like they won the super bowl. Its all good cause I can dish it out too, lol.

3. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I have one cousin who is one of my favorites, but is a die hard cowturds fan. Those Texans losses are worse when those douches win.

It is tough though. Being in San Diego, I have to go to the bar to watch the games and its embarassing.

All the promise and.......heartache. At one point today I wondered if our D could even stop the waitresses at the restaraunt I was at.

:mad:

4. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

Exactly...the Colts were the worst, WORST rushing team in the league and we let them off the hook...averaged 69 rushing yards per game before this game...They are who we thought they were...but we let them off the hook...pisses me off...and for all those Sage lovers, where's the love now?

That's two weeks in a row, three starts in a row where he looked like he didn't know what he's doing...I mean come on, where was that pass going to at the end of the game today?!?

ARG!!!! It's ok though, my boss is a Raiders fan

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

OK, I had to read this sentence 4 times to make sure I got it right. By looking at the time of the post, you wrote this AFTER the game yesterday. So you are saying we are going to finish the season either 5-1 maybe 6-0. Oooooo-kay.........

And you Raider and Bengal fans need to get a grip. You guys have Superbowls and multiple playoff appearances. Texan fans have NONE of this. EVER.

There is no question that Texan fans have it worse than any other NFL fan. Just do the math. 0 winning seasons in team history. How many other NFL teams can say that?

6. msn

msn Member

.....you didn't get it right, but the fault lies with his (lack of) grammar.

Replace "we're" ( :confused: :confused: ) with "were": we were talking 8-8 maybe 9-7 for the Texans; the Cowboys were the paper champs in the preseason."

Get it now? His entire thought there was referencing the preseason.

7. ima_drummer2k

OK, now I get it. For a minute there, I thought I was going crazy.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Well, I was about to go off on the guy, but being paralyzed from the waist down......wow. :eek: :(

At least he did something that the Texans can't do....win a championship.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

But what have you done for me lately?

Besides, you could always have followed the Oilers to Tennessee.. then you could have lots more playoff experiences to love ;)

I kid because I love.

10. ima_drummer2k

Let's not go there today. I've already got a case of The Mondays. Thinking about these turncoats will only make it worse. ;)

11. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I was an Oilers fan. You can't TOUCH me, Raiders fan. At least your team won a Super Bown. And STILL EXISTS. My team's owner pulled the original clay bennett.

And when they went into exile and disappeared, well, I had another team I liked. My dad's from Philly. I became a real Eagles fan. How's another decade of mediocrity?

Look, Texans fan(s), it's been 7 years. The Eagles mired in crap for much, much more time than that. And what's worse is that I had to watch them lose to the cowgirls over and over and over

This takes a while to load, but it should be pretty good. Haven't watched it yet though.
    <embed src="http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMzE4NjgxNjA=/v.swf" quality="high" width="480" height="400" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

oh, don't sell yourself short...you're a tremendous slouch.

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

how 'bout a fresca?

14. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Not renewing my season tickets next year. I am not insane. I am not going to go to games, watch the same play calling, and then expecting different results other than losses.

Not me.

Start with a new defensive coordinator not afraid to blitz. Firm up the secondary with someone not afraid to hit.

Then maybe we might have a complete professional football team in the city of Houston.

15. ima_drummer2k

Well, I got a lot of stuff on order. You know... credit trouble.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It is like the opposite of being a Patriots fan isn't it?

I'm glad I'm not a Texans fan. :p

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

will be interesting to see how many others do the same. a lot of the stadium is non-psl. facing what appears to be a pretty rough economy in 2009, will people keep shelling out for tix here. is there a breaking point.

i think the breaking point is when you see people like Uprising say in another thread that it really doesn't hurt anymore to watch them lose...because he expects it. that's when people just stop losing interest. they're not angry or upset about it...they just stop caring.

if they start winning, they'll have no problem...this town is so hungry for an NFL winner, i think. and so far, they've had no problem even in the midst of posting a .330 franchise winning percentage. i just wonder if there's a breaking point.

18. ima_drummer2k

I am, frankly, on the brink of my breaking point as a fan as well. I’ve tried so hard over the last 7 years to take this team into my heart. I am CONSTANTLY defending them. I am the only one in my group of friends (who are all sports fans) that even cares about them.

I remember being so full of hope before last season. We had a new coach, lots of new players, the David Carr specter was gone forever and the team and its fans were finally moving on. We had a stud RB (Green) and I had just watched him ROLL OVER Roy Williams like he was a blocking dummy during the preseason game against the ‘girls. I felt like this season would be a real turning point.

It was after the Atlanta game when I fell back down to earth and realized that it would be just another meaningless season of full of “what if’s” and “a play here and a play there and we would have a better record…”.

This past Sunday, I actually forgot the Texans were playing. This is the first time this has EVER happened to me. Granted I was on the road all day, but it never even occurred to me to call someone to check the score like I did the night before with the Rockets and Hornets. My wife called me to ask if I wanted her to TiVo the game. I said “what game?” and she thought I was kidding.

I don’t even know who we’re playing this week. But I can tell you (without looking at a schedule) that the Rockets are playing on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday of this week. And that I’m taking my family from out of town to the game against the Pacers next week.

A very sad epiphany for me…..

19. msn

msn Member

My interest can wane like any normal person's, but I don't think I can be chased off--unless some Jerry Jones comes in and turns this place into a haunt for felons.

I get mad--mad as hell--but that just betrays that I still care. They play in Houston. Houston's my town. Soooo, they're my team--even when they freaking suck.

Hey, at least it's not 2005.

20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

you'd be afraid to blitz, too, if you had jacque reeves and fred bennett in your secondary.

blitzing is overrated anyway. watch a great defensive team - like the giants. they rarely blitz. tennessee rarely blitzes - they have 28 sacks and 25 have come from the DL.