1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Curse of The Little Mermaid

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AntiSonic, Nov 15, 2008.

1. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Rocketeer, why are you hating on Tracy? :confused:

2. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I think you missed my point.

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Thanks, MayoRocket. Some people let hatred blind them when it comes to certain things.

4. DPballer

DPballer Member

Man... tell me about it.

[​IMG]

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Only because I hate all of your negativity does not mean that I give McGrady a pass. I too criticize his game but I' am not going to start making personal remarks after EVERY single bad game that he has. It get's really annoying and it's not a me defending McGrady thing. It's me running into your posts in several threads saying the same thing including threads that have absolutely NOTHING to do with McGrady.

Right now McGrady is just simply hurting the team especially defensively. On offense we don't know what we are going to get on any given night. I would just sit him out until he is really ready to play weather it be because his injuries/ lack of effort/ or because he's out of shape.

#45 Rocketeer, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Rocketeer, what Disney Princess do you think best represents Tracy? I don't think he's hard working enough to be Cinderella. Maybe Sleeping Beauty.

7. Rocketeer

LOL!!!! I see what your objective is now. ;)

Not going to work, sorry man.

8. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

If he doesn't have a good offensive game, he's basically a liability right now, because his defense is even worse. If he's not feeling good, he should sit, and Adelman has to find another way to get wins while he's out, which would be good for the other players as well.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think this falls on Les Alexander cause he cares more about making $ than loyalty and winning.

I believe this is the curse of the ugly uniforms and disloyalty.

Example:

Lakers -Magic retired as Laker

-result -Lakers win several more championships

Celtics -Bird retired as a Celtic
    -result -Celts won last year

Bulls - Krause had issues with Jordan, Jordan retired as a Wizard
    -Bulls looked cursed til the end of time

Rockets

1. Les changed the uniforms, the Lakers/Celtics/Bulls never changed their logo or uniforms dramatically

2. Les let Dream go. I don't care how bad Dream sucked in his last years, he built the freaking organization and saved the City

3. Les let Calvin go. he's innocent proven in court. let him have his job back, he loves talking about the rockets

4. Rudy T. The guy had cancer, you should have given the job to Larry Smith til Rudy T came back and said, I don't want to the coach anymore

5. they let Turbo go. he was cool.

----

Tmac for Detroit players? This seems like an awesome deal to get Billups or Hamilton or Prince or Sheed

These players remind us of Clutch City players, tough, proven, 100% effort on both ends of the court.

Tmac was not traded, why? I believe Les likes how much $ Tmac brings
    he attracts the dunk loving, stat loving fans who buy his shoes and jerseys

its about money for Les. Look at the Spurs, besides Tony Parker's wife, there's no glamour player there. its about winning.

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Excellent points, tinman.

Not sending McGrady to Detroit is going to go down as one of the biggest mistakes in franchise history.

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Also, the Pistons let Thomas and Dumars retire with the team. They won another title and dodged franchise-wrecker McGrady TWICE.

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

can you give the man a chance to play with this team in the playoffs first, barring any major injuries that cost one of the big 3 guys to miss the playoffs?

i'm just sayin.

i can't believe the heart that tracy showed last yr in the playoffs still have you yapping, despite the loss. most stars, after their main center goes down, along with its starting PG, would have basically folded and went fishing.

i'm just sayin.

13. t_mac1

you're jumping to conclusions. until the tracy era ends in houston, you can't put a period it yet.

i'm a big fan of his and im extremely frustrated by his CURRENT performance right now as is everybody else.

but i'm willing to wager you that tracy will get pretty healthy by the end of APRIL, which is say about 5 more months from now, when the playoffs start.

i'm willin to bet that if tmac, yao, and artest are all on the floor when the playoffs start, we'll win the first round. let's wager that bet antisonic, since you so proudly claim tmac will wreck this franchise to pieces.

14. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

We need Geena Davis to put it out of its misery!

[​IMG]

15. t_mac1

let's make a wager then. $100 whether or not we make it past the first round with the big 3 ALL playing when the playoffs start.

i mean, i'm sure a fan like you think this is how tracy and the team will be playing by april right?

16. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I don't want to cheat you out of your money.

17. t_mac1

it's my confidence in the team. i've seen "glimpses" of stretches where we do look like the best team (nearly beating boston despite 2 of the big 3 struggling, getting out to a 16pt lead in LA). we're not there yet b/c we don't have our full complement of players and not everyone is healthy and still learning.

so nah, you wouldn't be cheating me. i'd make a bet with anyone right now this team will get out of the first round if all 3 guys are playing.

but if i ask you, we wouldn't make the playoffs right?

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's no secret at all

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kGSbadw0sD8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kGSbadw0sD8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Anybody else thinks Antibrain actually is happy when Tracy struggles? That way he can come here and keep stating Tmac sux.

We get it dude. You don't like Tmac.

20. Rocketeer

LOL. The guy seriously lives off rections from his negativity. He was probably neglected as a child and now the only attention he gets are comments like this one. He contributes nothing to this board and next time he talks about anything else besides making up cute names for McGrady, that will be the first time I know about it.