1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cooler Heads Prevail

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yak, Nov 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Yak

Yak Member

Before I begin, I would like to say that I have been very critical of the Rockets tonight, but...

Let's give it some time.

We started out rough last year, hopefully we can make another great run during a stretch of games.

People are saying that the Spurs didn't have Parker or Manu, but we didn't have Rafer. And yes, I know Rafer may not be as talented as either of those two, but he seems to keep this team's offense running smoothly.

You can't expect Brooks to run this offense for 48 minutes. Also, when he plays with the first unit, he can't get enough shot attempts, even though it didn't seem that way tonight.

Secondly, please don't blame Adelman for this team's offensive woes or not being able to run his offense. He was hired for this job, but that doesn't mean his offensive system will work here, and it isn't his fault we don't have the players to run it. Hell, we don't even have any matches to what we need for the Princeton offense.

I know I'll get flamed for this and there will be a lot of griping and moaning in this thread and the threads for the weekend (NO tomorrow :( ).

Let's try and keep ourselves calm and cool. It's just a game we don't even play.

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

...This pretty much sums up why cooler heads won't prevail this time :/

No matter how you shape this into a "the season is still young" or "have hope young ones" situation, the fact remains this will be one of the worst losses of the season, and coming on the heels of two other terrible losses, it won't be very easy to swallow.

3. renwickftw

renwickftw Member

Parker + Manu >>>>>>>>>Rafer's ability to run the offense.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Spurs only win in this season have been a double overtime squeaker against the Timberwolves and a win against the Bucks without Michael Redd.

If the Rockets played like they're supposed to, this would have been a decisive victory. There's no excuse for this. Just terrible defense and direction-less offense.

5. haveatry

haveatry Member

seemed everyone thought we would win this game for sure and then we lost... :confused: I guess we underestimated spurs so badly.

6. Bigdaddy210121

If the Adelman can't get his offense working with the players that are here or if Adelman doesn't want to change his offense up some then he needs to go. :mad:

7. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

Great post. I completely agree with you on staying patient, but there are only so many disappointing lose you can take..... also you can't count on another 22 winning streak to save yourself.

8. explode211981

explode211981 Contributing Member

What are you talking about??? We didn't have Rafer please.... :confused:
    We have Yao, Stacy, and black Forest Gump in ron artest goofiest player I have ever seen on the cort. Come on your paying over 105 mil a year on just Yao and Stacy plus ron and no one can score in the last 4 min. All the spurs have is Duncun donuts and a bunch of scrubs. Please RA has to go he is horrible. I understand if SS is at full strength but please. No Rafer come on.... :confused:

9. arubato

arubato Member

The Bucks won that game :eek: