1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Spurs 77, Rockets 75

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I agree. If you are not focused 48 minutes in the NBA than you are gonna be killed. Those guys are to good.

We failed tonight. We sucked as bad as we probably can. No offense.

2. 1individual

1individual Member

Maybe today is curse day?

Boston loses to denver,
    Utah loses to bobcats,
    Atlanta loses 2 straight,
    Pistons owning the lakers,
    Roy cant hit a buzzer 3 for a win,
    Houston losing to a mediocre team.

3. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

I wish we had that chemistry that we had during the win streak. I also think Mac does a lot better coming off the bench. I wish Coach had the balls to try something like that before we get too deep into the season.....

4. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

I totally agree... Other best example is the Lakers game... Up by 15? and getting blown up by 29... :mad:

5. Tmac-is-numero1

Thank you for a logical post. T-mac will progress each week (he still injured) and i garuntee by dec. he'll be okay. He'll get better.

6. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Maybe we should stop calling Tracy-Yao-Artest our Big Three.

This loss is embarrassing. We lost to a SA team without two of their Big 3.

7. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

That was ridiculous. The way i look at it, if Tracy doesn't want to play like a star consistently he should give up his $20,000,000 salary. Since he is getting paid this much there is no excuse for his pathetic performance tonight or the previous nights.

8. 1individual

1individual Member

^ Maybe it's because of the 25k fine he got? :confused:

9. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

I doubt that.

10. abcmemory

abcmemory Member

First, Rafer must be laughing after watching this game: "You guys can't win without me, baby!" (Just kidding)

Second, this team needs a big man who can protect the paint besides Yao. We haven't had that since Kelvin Cato. Mo Taylor, Juwan Howard, Stromile Swift, Chuck Hayes, Luis Scola and Carl Landry, everybody got their own set of specialties, but none of them can intimidate opponents in the paint. While not being able to hit a brick, Cato is a force in the paint. That's the only time we see our front court being tough. Hope Morey and RA sees this. If they want to keep Yao, do something about this.

11. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

Let's just hope for the best... I know it's not time to panick yet, but they let two games get away already... They needs a killer instinct...

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

i pretty much agree but why the HELL one game he can score 30 and the other one 7? Gotta play consistant.

13. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

I'm just really confused as to why some people throw the hater word around like in your sig. I don't think people hate Tmac, I think they hate his lack of clutchness, his lack of heart, his lack of caring, his often lack of ability to shoot.

You can honestly sit there and tell me this guy deserves and earns the kind of money he makes. Kobe does, Paul does, Lebron does, KG does, Duncan does, and the list goes on. Do you reall, today, presently, think Tmac is on that level?

It's similar to the Steve Francis apologists. I love, love Steve Francis, great dude, but he just ain't right for our style of play. We fans rely on individuals too much. If we have to trade a superstar or two to get the role players that give us the chemistry we had last year for the last part of the season, then pull the trigger.

Honestly though, I think a lot of people underestimate the importance of Battier and Rafer in our system. If you noticed last year, we did great with Yao out extended and even Tmac. Did anyone calculate our W-L totals with Battier or Rafer out? I'm willing to bet it wasn't good.

14. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

Fixed

15. Mr.Pink

Mr.Pink Member

Go back to the WNBA board.

16. jaylee777

jaylee777 Member

I love Tmac but we lost the game because he made some dumb decisions and jacked up contested shots when there were much better options. Why wasnt he passing the ball to Yao after the pick when Yao was deep with Tmac's defender on him!!!!?

17. Texasboy1978

Texasboy1978 Member

I noticed that a couple of times, We just don't seem focused right now... Missing open cuts and not executing a pick and roll, however accidental it may have been.

18. Hmm

Hmm Member

Brooks is a second year PG.. So the constants in the mess behind our terrible offense.. are Yao, Tracy, Artest.. correct..?

since you obviously can't just get rid of all three.. it's time to either send one to the bench, or relieve ourselves of one.. completely..

and out of the three.. one stands out more than the other two.. as an eye sore in this offense.. doesn't he..?

Artest has his ball stopping, going-for-my-shot-no-matter-what moments.. but still he cuts, moves and gives his best effort to fit into the offense... Yao struggles though he tries just as much.. But that can be remedied by simply providing him with more low post feeds.. without moving so completely away from Adelman's offense.. by taking away one of the "big 3" out of the starting line up.. and putting his special individual talents under a specified role off the bench.. to ween the other players from what has becomed it's accustomed over-dependability effect..

yes.. I'm talking about Tracy.. who has put the least effort from the starting 5.. into actually applying, executing, and sticking with this offense..

19. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

Because he is Tmac, he is the decision maker of the whole team, he is the queen of everything.

20. gta

gta Member

This is a good loss.
    Clearly Yao and Adelman don't click. We have to ship one of the two out of Houston. Take your pick.
    Scola is not a starter material. No matter what he wants, being a coach you should make the right decision for the team not for the player. It's not the coach's job to make all players happy.
    TMac, well is still the same TMac. What can I say besides I'm not surprised.