1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIGHT: Rafer Alston suspended 2 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wink2cat, Nov 14, 2008.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I think this is pretty fair. My only problem is that Steve Nash wasn't suspended. I think he should have got at least 1 game.

2. Yao_Mac

Yao_Mac Member

I was wondering what he meant by that...LOL

3. desertfire

desertfire Member

What on earth are you talking about?

4. Thanos

Thanos Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jd996sqXnDw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jd996sqXnDw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Straight out of the Last Crusade...

5. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

Idk when the next team practice is but on the 610am Morey did say he thinks and expects francis to practice when the team got back from their road trip. Jon from the chron said the same thing but who knows what will happen. First it was "I will need 3-4 weeks" then its steve misses practice due to a head cold. I wonder whats the next excuse.

6. desertfire

desertfire Member

For crying out loud...he was suspended! Read the article!

7. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

There is nothing wrong with Luther Head. Just have McGrady run the offense and have Head as a spot of shooter. If im not mistaken he is the best player we have thats good at making a hard cut after passing the ball

8. Landlord Landry

Gerald Greene to the rescue!!!!!!!

oh wait, nevermind. :(

9. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

lol, dammit!

10. myco

myco Contributing Member

This kills me. Steve Nash just gets a pass because he's Canadian. He should be suspended but probably not as much as Barnes. Maybe around a game or so.

11. YaoMcgrady111

YaoMcgrady111 Member

Our point guard position has been a problem, anyway. Rafer shoots horriblely but directs traffic and distributes ball better. AB's shooting is a lot better and he is damn quick but he is not a good point guard. Both of them are undersized.

I was wondering why NBA is so nice to Shaq. He really deserves harsher punishment.

Does anyone know what was the outcome of Josh Howard's intentional tripping to Yao ? Did NBA give a say about it ?

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

do you guys think Nash should have gotten suspended?
    ;) zing!

13. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Fair enough. I could see Nash being suspended too because he caused the whole situation to escalate.

It doesn't get more badass than that.

LOL!!!

14. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

He was suspended.

15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Who is going to be a backup PG in the next game? I know this game should not be a problem since Spurs are very bad right now, but for the next game we need a quick point guard, Luther? Not good news.

16. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

T-Mac didnt set a hard screen. Nash just didnt see it coming.

Barnes should be suspended 2 games plus fine for being the initiator of the incident.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Do people even read the article? It clearly states that Nash was suspended goodness.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Even without the head cold, its obvious he still wasn't ready. Rehab is taking longer than expected, which is normal from coming off surgery. I think the 3-4 weeks talk was Francis trying to hype himself up.

19. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

More minutes for Head which may be OK as long as he doesn't have to handle the ball a lot. Maybe Wafer can contribute a bit too.

If Barry plays....he, Mac, and even Artest (to some extent) can bring the ball up.

I'm really looking forward to AB in the starters role.

20. DPballer

DPballer Member

This sucks. Might as well chalk up a loss for the Hornets game. Only way we win that is if Yao destroys Chandler and T-Mac/Artest shoot efficiently. Paul will probably get 40 on AB. Wish we had Strawberry for this occasion.