1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

with a 16 point lead, 5 min to go...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thacabbage, Nov 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

why is Yao coming back in the game? I don't get it. I really don't get it.

2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Are you serious? Five minutes is a lifetime.

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

DELETE. He didn't come in.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He was in the game momentarily, but Adelman thought better of it after he got burned on the PnR on back-to-back defensive possessions. I guess Adelman wanted to practice running the offense some more.

5. AznPlayR99

AznPlayR99 Member

Well he did go in but was quickly subbed out... I think we should sub tmac out also... with 3 mins left..

6. texastiger22

texastiger22 Member

I said this to a friend of mine when we went to the NO Rockets game last year in NO. We were winning by 20 with 6 min left in the 4th quarter and Yao was still in. Sure enough Yao was sent to the locker room with an injury and this was a few weeks before he went out for the rest of the year.

7. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

Nothing is impossible in 5 minutes,we need to keep our lead.Yao's rebounds and defence

8. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I think we need more time for Yao, T-Mac and Artest to gel on the floor. Good decision by coach.

9. jedicro

jedicro Member

I think he was tyring to give the offense some practice time. They looked good today, maybe the added time will give them more confidence later.

Although in the last few mintues it seemed as though the players didn't want to run up the score so they were waiting for the shot clock to dwindle then jack up a shot. At least a few times..

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

A lot of folks here think 16 pt lead/5 min to go is not safe enough, and they will question your basketball IQ and call you stupid. :D
    But then most of those folks just got their pubic hair.

11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Rick was not understanding that Porter had already gave up on the game

12. dividend

dividend Member

it was revenge for PHX running up the scores on us when JVG was our head coach :p

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the suns CUT the lead to 16 with 5 mins to go, that's the reason why, the rockets weren't building a 16 point lead, or maintaining it, the were up around 20 for a while and Prter threw in the towel, however the suns' bench started scoring and when they cut it to 16 you could feel them getting some momentum. With the rockets' history of blowing big leads I don't think it would be crazy to start getting your starters out there. 16 points isn't much of a lead with 5 mins left. Make a 3, cause a turnover, make another 3, and you have a 10 point game with 4 mins left, maybe more.

14. killlogan

killlogan Member

I've never had heard of a creature whose lifetime is as "long" as 5min. :D