1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patience young padwans, patience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 9, 2008.

1. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

2. vanbasten2001

vanbasten2001 Member

Thank you, DD. Guys like you are the reason I'm still reading this board...... (even posting relies!)

3. Curly

Curly Member

I want to hear from all the haters when we are pressing for that last 2-5 wins needed to make it in the playoffs. Believe it or not these games do matter.

4. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

yes patience...every summer we talkin about trade, some good moves, and then great preseason games with some impressive rookies. when season started, we r winnin we r imba we r contender we r unstoppable!!! couple of months later, omg it looks liek we cant even make teh playoff! no1 cares us anymore! suddenly, we become good again, everythin works fine, team keeps winnin til ....bah our players injured again ffs! np we still get in teh playoff, ppl talkin about how good we r even w/o our stars and how great we will be when our stars back. after all, we still got pwnd at 1st rd...
    and now lets talk about patience again.

5. Convictedstupid

Yeah we did. Have you seen the other threads?

They're all bashing the rockets (not saying its not rightfully so), but dear lord.

We're 7 games in and people are already making 200 threads a day involving the words "trade tmac".

It is going to get better, people just need to freaking chill out.

6. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Of course they matter and for what it's worth, we are not at the bottom looking up. We lost to good teams. LA being our first blowout loss. Our "big 3" are hardly playing to capacity.

I mean look at the West this year. Pick 8 teams. Look at teams 9 and 10. Do you really think we'll be in danger of not making the playoffs barring any serious injuries? Sure, there's always the chance, but I think we are going to be ok.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Like I've said, I know the routine, I just didn't like the failure in the offseason to address things as quickly. I've bashed Morey many times and I've also praised him. I just think we have to look at the whole picture and what can become of this team. Gater and I seem to have some of the same ideas regarding this team structure. It was adding young,long atheletic types to a slower core of yao and tracy. This team was never going to be the adelman blazers or his king teams. Just as the triangle was different with shaq than with jordan. Great coaches adapt their system to what works witj the talent or they change the talent.

This offseason, popular or not, I thought Barry wasn't part of the answer. I like Barry, but he is a huge liability on a team that already has a bunch of slow footed players. Now if they were going to add him late as a 12th man, cool, but asking him to play more than 10-12 mins is asking a lot. His bbiq is still good, but the body has to be willing.

Scolandry. Maybe I seem hypocritical at times, but I think I've been consistent. The redundancy between those 2 plus hayes and dorsey is a big deal with me. Its not like I don't like them as players or anything, its just the lack of felxibility along the frontline that had me concerned. I've compared Scola to a new AC Green which DD disagrees with me on and I've called for Landry to start which DD disagrees with me on also. The point is both neither compliments Yao as a starter or off the bench. Neither compliments each other because of the size issue. Throw in Hayes and its really messy. There was a reason why I was calling for Turiaf this summer. If Morey and management were hell bent on not bringing back deke, Turiaf made more sense to me for either landry or scola. Why? He's big enough ad a good enough shot blocker to play center and he's quick enough to play against the kg' of the world. Many will say, "look at his stats" and when you do from last yr, you will see in 30 mins of action he would get 10ppg 6rebs and 2.25 blks. That would have been the perfect fill off the bench for Yao for 17 mins and Scola or landry for 13 mins.

Rafer Alston. The decision to keep him, head, and francis after what we've seen for the last few yrs is detrimental to say the least. Barry replaces head in his role, francis is done and rafer shoots below avg all but 30 games a yr. How many more games do we have to see this happen? We know the games and the results of a guy who suppose to be fast break ready that can't run one. Brooks should start, go get anthony carter or kevin ollie or someone and roll. Hell, they couldve had williams as a backup, but rafer as a starter shouldve ended after last season.

There were a couple of under the radar deal that I wouldve like to see the rox get involved in this offfseason. The Carney and Booth to Minny for a 2nd was one of them. Was it a title trade? Probably not, but to get a young atheltic guard like Carney and a capable backup like booth for a 2nd would have been good. We say we need slashers and finisher for this adelman offense,but we passed on that with this minor trade.

All the b****in I just did, I do think the team will play better when they get healthy and yao shakes off the olympic thing.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

STOP MISSPELLING WORDS, We get it, it makes you sound cool that you are some text messaging champion.

9. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Have you considered the possibility that TMac and Yao may be "done" physically, that their injuries have taken such a toll that their levels of performance have been "reset." Hope not, but it is starting to appear so. This was even apparent to some degree last season.

11. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Great post DD. I was thinking the same thing.

When we were predicting how many of the first 10 games the rockets would win, alot of people said 5 wins, maybe 6, and we are really lucky 7.

Well, the Spurs game is there for the taking so that is 5. Suns game is a toss-up, but they have not been looking good, and our 3 stars can't play crappy forever, so that is well within reach. Finally, the Rockets have the Hornets at home, and the Rockets match up quite well with them.

7 is still in reach, and would make me quite happy. 6 is satisfactory, and 5 is the bare minimum.

Even worst case, they lose all 3, look at the schedule after that. Lots of creampuffs and plenty of time for the Rockets to get their act together before the next round of heavyweights.

Keep the faith!

12. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

ok gramma police, i blame my PC.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

looks like your R button seems to work.

Its grammar.

It makes the bbs look bad that you are purposely not spelling words correctly to be 'cool'. Don't do it for me, it just insulting to Clutch. Can you imagine if Clutch wrote articles like you?

OMG Rox cant beet Lakerz cus tehy canta reboundz da ball leik g88d

Even thought I smack the Yao fans here sometimes, I understand that english is not their first language so its fine for them to misspell words.

So grow up Soulja Boy, I know you can write English. We want your opinions, we just don't want to have a hard time reading it.

14. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

My eyes. My eyes.

15. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Yes patience is a virtue alright, but Rockets fans have been patience for some 8 years. I think it is wearing thin and most fans is right now jaded.

16. yaoman13

yaoman13 Member

Our stars are not at their best for games they played so far. Newcomers are still figuring out their roles. It takes patience to be a Rockets fan. So Just be patient, our stars have been long enough in this league to know what need to be done during this tough time. For Rockets fans, please stop complaining about players and staffs. Fans need to be supportive.

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

We are playing over .500 ball so thats positive but why we need to have patience with the big 3 and Rafer. They're veterans and supposed stars and should be able to hit the ground running. The Lakers aren't making excuses, they're taking care of business and kicking ass.

18. count_dookoo

count_dookoo Member

+ 1; i like your plan.
    Hey, maybe we even get Durant or Lebron along the way.

19. Rocket1

Rocket1 Member

I'm glad someone besides me realizes that we have only played 7 games. DD deserves a cookie.

20. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

It's a 82-game season, teams always go up and down during the season, especially the early part of it. So, just relax, we can talk about it at the end of the year.

However, I do worry about the coherence with Artest in the lineup. He was a very good defender, an above average offensive player, but he scored most of his points on iso, and he took bad shot quite often. I hope this can work out, but I'm not sure his offensive game fits with the Rockets which have two ball dominated players already. So far in the early going, the offense looked ugly with Artest taking a lot ill-advised shots.