1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would You Trade Tmac For Rudy Fernandez?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rock418, Nov 10, 2008.

1. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

2. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

Agree,Roy played much better,Tmac is a coward in critical moment

3. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

McGrady has played some of the worst basketball of his career to start the season and he's still averaging 16-5-4.

What happens when Rudy has a bad week or two? At least when McGrady has a bad week he's still a 16-5-4 player.

4. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

T mac will never get healthy....year in and year out there is always something wrong. Seriously, think back.....has there ever been a time that he's been 100% healthy with the Rockets?

5. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

All you guys are going to feel stupid about midway through this season. Anybody who has been a rockets fan for the past 4 years nows that tmac doesnt become tmac until about 15games into the season. Give him time and let him come around so our team becomes the 3headed monster we know it is.

6. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'd take Starbury at this point, just for the cap relief.

I never thought I'd say it, but I miss Rudy Ball. Say what you want about Steve and Cuttino, but those guys brought it every night. Watching T-Mac halfass it out there makes me want to vomit.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

This would work:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...532~3204~454~2795&teams=22~10~10~10&te=&cash=

McGrady for Fernandez, LaFrentz, and Webster.

I would do that trade. Fernandez and Webster adequately replace McGrady, and we gain a veteran 7-footer. The Blazers, though, would be nuts to do it. They don't need T-Mac when they already have Roy.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

To make the salaries match can we also get:

Brandon Roy
    Lemarcus Aldridge
    Travis Outlaw
    Steve Blake

Then I would trade Tmac for Rudy Fernandez.

:D

DD

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

End of the season Tmac is gone.

Get some young athletic SG for him. I don't care if he doesn't put up as big numbers as Tmac, if he's healthy and has a consistent shot, I would be glad.

Better then seeing him throw some bricks around and be 1 for 11.

10. Houston09

Houston09 Member

After watching the last two games wow what a waist of money tmac is. He should be playing in the wnba not the nba. Hell even if he was playing in the wnba he still probably would put up 2 pts a game. All i have to say is the trade that was talked about over the summer between with the pistions the rockets should of jumped on it. Lets start brooks at 1 barry at the 2 and battier at the 3 with artest and yao down low. atleast these guys come to play everynight.

11. worzel gummidge

Roy likes to play 1 v 5 basketball in the 4th quarter. If the reaction at the end of the Lakers game was anything to go by I'd hate to see what happens the next time it isn't a school night in China but with Roy.

12. matac3

matac3 Member

You know, the problem with alot of people is that they see Tracy when he came to Houston as the next big thing. He never said he was the best player in the league. He may be paid like a superstar but we can not make him seem like he is as great as we think he is. Tracy averages a little over 20 PPG. They guy is doing his job. If you want to rant on a player and talk about trades, look at the ones who come play off time, never show up. Tmac shows up play off time. If we need to talk about any type of trade, talk about Luther Head or Chuck Hayes or Steve Francis. These guys dont show up play off time yet they take millions to sit on the bench or cant play when it counts. Hell, Chuck plays good defence but the guy can not shoot worth a damn! If you want to make some trades, Look at Francis, Head, and Hayes

13. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

lol all lies. tmac did carry orlando to playoff, and with tmac we win 70% games. wut yao have done? our team did build around yao, we had JVG for coaching, we had changed tons of PG and PF for helpin yao. god damn it all PG sux becuz they cant pass teh ball to yao and yes all PF sux becuz they cant clean up teh mess yao caused. YES hayes sux, and why we keep him? becuz ur dear YAO just cant do **** about his rebounds and def jobs. when we have a super PF lets say KG in teh team, u ppl would prolly say OMG HE TAKE YAO'S SHOT CHANCE FFS. tell u wut, our PF position is good enuff but our C position sux. yao cant make 20/10 if hes not playin with hayes or scola who can sacrifice their own stats kk?

for tmac, he did change alot for yao already. i kno hes overpaid due to teh injury, but when hes 100%, hes still top 5 player in teh league. yao is just cash cow for les.

14. jacuzzi

jacuzzi Member

You guys both ask for too much. The blazers are not mentally r****ded.

15. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

lol all lies. tmac did carry orlando to playoff, and with tmac we win 70% games. wut yao have done? our team did build around yao, we had JVG for coaching, we had changed tons of PG and PF for helpin yao. god damn it all PG sux becuz they cant pass teh ball to yao and yes all PF sux becuz they cant clean up teh mess yao caused. YES hayes sux, and why we keep him? becuz ur dear YAO just cant do **** about his rebounds and def jobs. when we have a super PF lets say KG in teh team, u ppl would prolly say OMG HE TAKE YAO'S SHOT CHANCE FFS. tell u wut, our PF position is good enuff but our C position sux. yao cant make 20/10 if hes not playin with hayes or scola who can sacrifice their own stats kk?

for tmac, he did change alot for yao already. i kno hes overpaid due to teh injury, but when hes 100%, hes still top 5 player in teh league. yao is just cash cow for les.

16. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Please stop spamming the board, getRED2008.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

18. matac3

matac3 Member

And why would you give the Blazers a superstar like Tracy to a team thats young and already strong once they get Odem

19. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

This season definitely is a Win it or Blow it. I think if we don't do major things this year, our roster is going to be a hell lot different next preseason.

20. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Yes, the Blazers would be SO SCARY with Twacey sitting on their bench. I'd hate to face them in the first round of the playoffs!

:snicker: