1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is there something going on with Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-Yao, Nov 9, 2008.

Tags:
  1. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

He's not quite 20/10. His efficiency is way down and his rebounding is poor. Am I concerned? A bit. But I've come to realize that Yao (and TMac for that matter) probably peaked a couple of years ago so we're going to suffer through a few more agonizing seasons of okay regular season basketball only to be trounced in the playoffs by teams with more desire, skill, and athleticism.

2. MD_in_Training

Didn't u spew this same **** last year when we were sub-500?

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

On a per minute basis, he's worse than his rookie season. Just some food for thought.

4. ibm

ibm Member

are you saying you've given up the hopes for the ring - not only for this year, but for "a few more" seasons? wow. that says a lot about your fandom.

5. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

That was coach's idea, he want Yao to be a "control tower" instead of a scoring machine.

6. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Hey, I'll watch every game and cheer them on every game. When they come to town, I'll buy tickets and watch them live. But I don't expect them to end up as champions. That would, IMO, require nothing short of a miracle. They do happen, (witness the Giants last year in the Superbowl), but they are very rare.

7. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Yes, I expressed my disappointment in the team last year. This is true .... ;)

8. sab504

sab504 Member

Something is definitely wrong with Yao. he has no confidence in his shot. He looks slow. He is getting beat up on the inside and he seems helpless when that happen. He is soft like butter. He doesnt like people touching him. He got blocked by the rim trying to dunk. He juggles rebounds leading to other team be able to slap it off of him. He gets abused by smaller 6"9 PF like carl landry type who will beat the crap out of him if they have a mid J. Yes, there is definitely something wrong. He is not Hakeem Olajuwon so therefore this guy is going to be done soon because he has been exposed.

9. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

We need Deke back as soon as possible.

10. erlang

erlang Member

maybe because Yao is going to play like Shark, missing free-throws is just a start :D

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Maybe he is having problems with his wife or something like that. I remember 2 seasons ago when Tracy had the same. He was just on the court but it looked like he wasn't, his mind really wasn't there. Maybe that it is?

12. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

hes tired? he only played 27mins 2day. well, i didnt expect yao too much in this game anyway.

13. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

nothins wrong with yao. hes 1 yr older and doesn't fit teh system. yao is goin downhill and i wonder he can play more than 3 yrs in this league.

14. Htown57

Htown57 Member

Yao had missed 2 foul shots all year. He missed 4 today. It's confidence, plain and simple. He hasn't looked fluid on offense except for a few moments. Maybe he has mono? needs more Iron? or just needs a few more tune-ups against the mavs. :cool:

15. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I think Yao needs to tell the management what's wrong with him. If there is nothing, then i don't even know.. Maybe give him a game or two off or something? I really don't know, i hope Yao can fix this himself before anything worse happens.

16. singaporet-mac

he lost his skills as a big man........... HAKEEM WE NEED U BAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u can always take over yao!!!!!!!!!!

17. 2rings

2rings Member

Hey doom and gloom, this is the 7th game of the season and he is coming off a major surgery and was rushed back for the olympics. Let's talk after 30 or 40 games. I am much more concerned with T-Mac. Yao can be somewaht effective without much explosion. T-Mac looks like he is running on flat tires.

18. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

actually we all kno tmacs not recovered yet and last game he was sick. but for yao, he said hes 100% recovered. and now he cant make his free throws...

19. Nero

Nero Member

It will probably be February before Yao gets his tiger back..

And TMac needs to just rest, he's not healthy and constantly throwing himself in there and getting more and more banged up is not helping, especially when it affects his shooting.

As some others have said, hopefully this was the last summer that Yao will spend toiling for the CNT. That crap has taken years off of his career, and it messes with his mentality as well. He is still playing like he is in the 'Gentleman's Olympics'.

Opposing coaches are clearly playing the 'Mug Yao Ming Every Play' defense, and the refs have their whistles stuck up their hineys, and yes it appears to have taken a toll on his confidence. Bad news.

This team just needs to keep its head above water until January or so, and then everything will come together and we will race for a top seed in the playoffs.. then look out!

20. withYAO

withYAO Member

Nothing gone.
    I think Yao assumes too much responsibility for Rox while others don't seem to have much gumption.
    Yao is a center, not a SG. Maybe his teammates don't think so.