1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[pics]rockets/clippers 11/07/08

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 8, 2008.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

hey guys tm1ym11 and i were at the game last night in sec 105 we both had a blast since the rockets won but it was cool we got to see a lot of the players and had a great time overall

so here are some pictures and some of the stories we had from last night

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

when the players were coming in and out of the tunnel we got to take pictures with a few of them and talk to a few.

Oh and during warmups Ron was out there I was surprised to see Ron out there as its usually 1-2 year guys out there warming up and getting some extra practice time in. Chuck, Ron, Dorsey, Carl, Scola and Brooks were the ones warming up.

Novak was warming up on the other side. Sigh it just didnt seem right. Carl went over to Steve and they talked quite a bit before Carl went back to doing drills.

During warmups I went to go talk to Jason Friedman, really cool guy we talked for a good while it was cool having a chat with him. Hopefully we can meet up again while he is in town but it looks like that may not be possible with his schedule. But standup guy and great writer.

(onto post #2 i think i can only put in like 5 pics per post sorry)

#1 The_Yoyo, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  2. nickthejerk

nickthejerk Member

worst... game.... ever

3. The_Yoyo

so chuck was going in and we got him to come over. I told him I had a friend who was ridiculously in love with him and made a website called ChuckHayesFans.net I told him about HayesFan and he laughed and said that was cool and HayesFan--he said to tell you Hi.

Not to sound gay, but Chuck has a photogenic smile man.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    chuck's new kicks:
    [​IMG]

Carl Landry came through and we talked to him. During warmups I got his attention and he pointed to me jersey and smiled big time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Before the game when we were waiting to get in an older lady came up to me and said "you're wearing my cousins jersey" and I we talked for a little bit. I told carl that I had met his cousin outside and when I told him her name he looked all confused and said I have no idea who you're talking about.

Turns out the lady was family Carl hadn't met her just yet. She came with one of their other relatives who introduced her to Carl after the game.

4. Bassem

Bassem Member

I was at the game yesterday, too. Surprised to see so many Rockets fans. Also, don't forget that Brent Barry also came out early and was warming up, too. He was shooting 3's from all over and he made at least 95% of them. I saw Matt Bullard come out a bit early, and he took a 3 pointer and missed it. Dorsey and Landry were doing some crazy dunks. And Luis was dunking too! Later on when the whole team was warming up, Yao took 2 3's in a row and made them both effortlessly. It was a great night.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL you didn't make me sound like a stalker did you? (Dear Chuck I don't love you in a scary way... purely in a basketball/hustling player way)

Thanks for the pictures and commentary Yoyo! We appreciate them both.

6. The_Yoyo

here is a pic of luis and tm1ym11

[​IMG]

luis is a really nice guy, his warmup had a 4 in the nba logo i asked him if he put that in there and he was like oh i dont even know it was there.

Bill Worrell stopped by and he was like well its the LA rowdies
    [​IMG]

he said he would put us on the feed dunno if he did no biggie if he didnt.

When I went to go talk to JCF tm1ym11 was able to get a pic with Dorsey

[​IMG]

sucks I didnt a chance to talk to him I had a few things to ask him, oh well next time I guess.

Oh and when Ron went in he didnt really stop by for anyone for pictures or to talk but he did high five everyone (usually most players do one or two or no one at all --***cough yao cough tracy***)

And Ron is huge man like the man is pure muscle its crazy

Shane came out during the pre-game warmups in his blazer and said whats up to us.

OH when Luis, Carl and Chuck went back in I told them each I wanted a double double..chuck laughed, carl i dont think heard me, and Luis gave me his fist pump.

So when Luis went off in the first quarter during a timeout he looked over straight at us and we cheered hard for him and point at him and he laughed and smiled.

Man he got off to a great start, he was mad at rafer at one player where he hit like his last 5 shots and rafer waved him off and then ended up dribbling around and taking a 3. He was visibly frustrated at not getting the ball.

Shane sat down in a seat behind the basket, but in typical LA fashion the owners of the seat came midway in the 2nd and shane got up and was going back to the tunnel I was like Shane how'd they kick you out man...He shrugged and said man I am not even playing and I got ejected.

Man there were some Steve Novak clipper fans behind us and I was cheering along with them when Novak came into the game. They were pretty funny booing Dunleavy every chance possible and Kaman.

When the team came out in the second half Rafer and Luther came out together and was thinking man, it'd be perfect if we had rafer handles and luther's shooting some how morph the two players together. My luck we'd end up with rafer's shooting and luther's handles.

what was cool was outside of luther (who was on the other side of rafer) when coming out I was able to shake hands/hand pound every player coming out which was a first for me. Tracy even pounded my fist after hugging Novak's wife and then went to the court. The little "rockets" fan kid in front of me got all mad that tracy came over to me and not to him. And Yao man my first fit inside his palm crazy.

Towards the end of the game one of the clippers fan told shane (whose shirt was a bit unbuttoned) that he needs more chest hair, shane smirked. and then the clipper fan said that he could borrow some from Kaman's shoulders and Shane started busting up.

7. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

I just realized this:

Landry sounds just like Jazy-Z.

8. Shay

Shay Member

Carl with a pre game dump!
    [​IMG]

9. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Worrell did put you guys in the feed. He said there that you were the L.A. Chapter for the Red Rowdies.

10. The_Yoyo

Ron went through and he high fived every fan, and I mean ever fan that was in reach (tm1ym11 and I switched seats at half so he had the aisle in the second half) so ron had to reach over to shake my hand and a few others behind me but he did. He was told may have a postgame with carl as well so he started to go back out but then they said it was ok and he went back in and started talking to fans who were right above the tunnel.

This guy loves to interact with the fans man he is pretty down to earth.

after the game we stuck around to meet some of the players out on the floor. The rockets were nice enough to give me a postgame pass. Not everyone came out just a few people who had friends and family there. Shane and his wife came out first and they were talking to a couple next to us and he took some pictures with us, I asked him when he was coming back he said he hopes pretty soon, but not sure just yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Von Wafer came out but no one seemed to want to talk to him he just went up the stairs and went to go talk to someone else.

Rafer came out too but he didnt really come over to my side and there were some autograph hounds after him and I didnt really want to go bother him seemed like he was trying to make his way out. (Also when rafer left he left with these two fine curvy white women, man every time I see rafer he has like the hottest chicks with him)

Luis came out and I told him good game too bad he didnt play much
    [​IMG]

his wife and kid and uncle (who lives in la) were there. His kids are cute man they were running around.

Aaron came out next, knowing Aaron from summer league he goes straight to his family doesnt say a word to anyone else, a kid asked for his autograph and he just walked over to where his wife was first.

Carl Landry came out and I told him good game and he said nice jersey and he took a pic with tm1ym11

[​IMG]

carl's family was right behind us and so they went to go talk to him and he was then introduced to the lady I mentioned that came up to me before the game

11. The_Yoyo

i dont think luther even showered every player came out of the locker room luther came from somewhere else on the other side of the entire court.

but here comes the crowning moment:

shane goes back into the locker room and emerges with a friend along with him.

Who is that friend? why its STEVE NOVAK!

steve his wife (or gf not sure if he is married), shane and his wife were walking together. and they are in front of us and I say Steve whats up man.

He looks at me and see my Landry jersey and says "oh man how are you gonna go and flip the jersey on me?" Where's mine?" I told him I have to get his clipper jersey still but I need to custom order it and he laughed and go for it. I told him man I was sooo disappointed when they traded him but at least he is out here now where I can see him play more. He said yeah and that next time I come to a game where his clipper jersey.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All the guys love Novak still. He and landry afterwards were sharing jokes along with shane and luis. Aaron brooks kept yelling his name from where he was sitting (few rows behind us) like a kid but steve didnt see him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

good read, thanx

13. The_Yoyo

so when Aaron came down to talk to steve he took pics with us.

I almost hurt him because he was on the step above me and there wasnt much room to stand next to him with all the people around and so I put my knee down on the chair in front of him and i put my knee on the back part and the chair folded up and I almost fell again closest thing I could brace myself with was Aaron but I instead chose to grab a different chair though it was harder to do so.

(and no I was not drunk this time)

but damn tm1ym11 said afterwards what if you grabbed onto aaron and made him fall too and injured him. I said, damn I'd have to run away from all the Cf'ers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were able to get a picture with luther as well. it was hillarious there were these two girls sitting with Aaron's wife and luther was sitting talking to some guys behind them and the ladies got up and started to make their way to the side walking in front of luther. One of the ladies (not aaron's wife) was pretty "thick" and had some low cut booty shorts on and luther was looked back at her and just said "damn what a booty" pretty quietly I dont know if he realized both tm1ym11 and I were in earshot but we both tried our best not to laugh
    [​IMG]
    I tried to give the shocker because of luther's comment but i think tm1ym11 took the pic a second too early oh well

[​IMG]

chuck did come out but he didnt talk to anyone he just came out of the tunnel and went straight up the stairs it was very un-chuck of him to not talk to anyone since he usually does during warmups and everything.

but that was it i looked around for some of the cf guys 116 was exact opposite of us and i didnt get a good angle for 110thstreet and i think i did see tchau in pr18.

My company had to give up their season tickets to the clippers (damn economy) but I was looking at where I would have been sitting if we kept them. and there were two asian people in those seats, but who was sitting right on the otherside of the aisle? Daryl Morey. I was like damn if I had those seats I'd be talking to him the entire game! oh well. I couldnt get a chance to meet Daryl again last night maybe next time.

while I dont have my perfect attendance when it comes to rockets game (prior to me going to games 1 and 2 of the playoffs last year the rockets hadnt lost whenever I went to a game) at least I am still undefeated in regular season games. Bad news is I cant make the lakers game sunday I had a prior promise/commitment I made at the beginning of the year and I cant bail out on.

14. tm1ym11

tm1ym11 Member

Man The_Yoyo and I had a blast last night. Great job on recapping with stories. We are all more than happy to share it with you guys and represent for us Rockets fans!

15. tm1ym11

tm1ym11 Member

I tried to contain my laugh when Luther made that comment about that thick girl walking away in booty shorts. I know The_Yoyo was doing the same but Luther seems like a really good guy along with the rest of the players. Man good thing you didn't get AB injured when you tripped over that chair, he had this expression on his face

16. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Awesome Read! Great Pics, also did you get a pic of Rafer with them two white chicks?

17. theREALDEALkid

Haha, nice pics and story...ThX :D

18. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

nice post man thanks for sharing

you two are so freaking lucky....get to talk to like everybody....

btw i did see you guys on fsnhou...bill was talking about you guys too~~

19. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

So how tall is Aaron Brooks?

20. diegot143

diegot143 Member

I saw you guys on tv... lol at battier tryin to talk to some girls... i dunno if that was his wife or not