1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Going bald

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by London'sBurning, Nov 6, 2008.

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I'm 24 and got a good thick head of hair. Only problem is lately when I shower, I see a fairly sizable amount of hair around the drain. This has been pretty consistent for at least a couple of months now. Probably longer but I've never really paid attention.

I had much shorter hair earlier this year so if my hair was being washed off at the rate it looks like now then I wouldn't have noticed it.

My hair still healthy. Doesn't appear to thin at all. Has a good shine to it. I pull it pretty hard to see if I can get anything to pull out easily. Nothing at all. I don't look any different or appear to be thinning on any area of my scalp. Last time I saw my haircut stylist she said she hadn't noticed a difference in my hair.

Am I just worrying about this too much? My dad did go bald at a fairly early age. Late 20s I think, so naturally I'm concerned. My mother has absolutely no signs of thinning hair, and my hair is a lot more like her than my dad.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

it's easy for me to say, just shave it off because i'm not going bald. but i can't imagine what that feels like at 24. i have a friend who started losing his hair at that age. he's 28 now and already has the jeff van gundy look. :(

3. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Welcome to the club. I've been losing my hair since f'in 19 and I'm 22 now, lol.

My only hope is the ridiculously priced Bosley hair restoration stuff that I'll never be able to afford before I'm 85 and/or shaving and going with the bald look. I've been loathing going with the bald look for a while now and wish I still had my hair in the front :\.

Ahh well. Can always save on shampoo I suppose.

4. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

They used to call me Q-tip in 6th grade so needless to say I'm not losing my hair, but I'd say embrace it. Plenty of cool people are bald. Picard, Billy Zane, Sean Connery... I'm sad I can't think of more off hand but I know there are plenty of cool people who are damn bald. Just say you donated it to starving cancer orphans.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

LULZ NOTAMAN

6. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

NSFW

<br><embed flashVars="altServerURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.metacafe.com&playerVars=showStats=no|autoPlay=no|blogName=Noolmusic|blogURL=http%3A%2F%2Fnoolmusic.com" src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/165916/george_carlin_against_bald_heads.swf" width="425" height="350" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>

i'd say don't worry about it, because there is very little that can be done.

#6 rodrick_98, Nov 6, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

it sounds like you don't actually have a problem. have a doctor check you out and get a prescription to propecia if you're really worried about it.

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Thats more of the answer I'm looking for. :D I'll go make an appointment then.

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Embrace that you can not change and then you may find true happiness.

10. kona-

kona- Member

I got same problem.

Im 22 years old and my hair is getting just a tad thin. Not alot, but i have noticed it.

Does Rogan or whatever work?

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Does this thread pop up every 3 months or something?

I started seeing thinning at 30, went crazy, bought all the things to make it grow including prescriptions...and nothing worked.

I now still have thick hair, just receded a tad bit. Nothing works, embrace your adult hood.

12. LonghornFan

I swallowed this expensive pill for over a year, and nada, 'cept a limp dick at the beginning. Good luck.

Also, balding "allegedly" skips generations. What was your pawpaws hair line like?

13. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

not sure what an MMA commentator has to do with thinning hair.

14. kona-

kona- Member

Ok, Rogaine. Smartass.

15. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

Just accept it and embrace it. Tons of girls love the confident proud bald man.

16. no_answer

no_answer Member

Do you use hair gel regularly? My husband and brother both say they notice they lose a lot of hair in the shower when they use gel. Some of my hair comes out in the shower and i'm far from bald, but i'm a girl.

17. Classic

Classic Member

I thought I was losing my hair at 22 and thought it was getting worse at 24. You know what? It still looks the same at 26. My hair line receeded a bit and isn't as thick but it really is about the same. I figure at the rate i'm going I've got until I'm about 36 before I need to really do something about it. I just try to avoid wearing hats as much and I don't use products. You probably are losing your hair but not at the rate that your mind is telling you. Part of getting older.

18. mazyar

mazyar Member

By not using product, do you mean shampoo. I shower very frequently (atleast once a day, maybe twice during a warm sweaty summer day). And I always use head and shoulders shampoo. I wonder if certain shampoos and or over showering can cause you to lose your hair?

19. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

shaved bald >>>>>bald with pony tail

20. LonghornFan

Exactly. Perfect post for is thread. Get over it.