1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SoCalFans]Rox Vs Clippers Roll Call

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The_Yoyo, Nov 5, 2008.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Anyone here going to the game on Friday night?

tm1ym11 and I will be there sec 105 row D...right next to the visitors tunnel behind the basket by the visitors bench.

I should be sporting my Landry jersey (at his request from the last time the rockets played in LA)

or I may buck the "get red" trend and wear my Home Dorsey jersey unsure yet.

anyone else going and where y'all sitting its a friday night so maybe afterwards we all can meet up and hit up a bar afterwards and talk Rockets!

if anyone who is at the game wants my cell to try to meet up on game day shoot me an email through the bbs.

2. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Damn! I was hoping to fly down for the Lakers game, but a last minute thing came up this weekend.

I am freaking jealous that you guys get to go. I really wish I could go because the last two years I have had a blast going to the games. But I know you guys will show them Red Rowdys LA-style! :D

3. dexkk

dexkk Member

I will be there even though Im not a fan of Staples Center. I think I'm in section 116 or so row 5-6. Go Rockets.

4. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

damn yall :( i'll try to make it out there in April

off the subject, so I have satellite and get the local LA channels, and they were showing the Clippers feed of the Lakers/Clippers game tonight on CW KTLA, can't believe even the Clippers announcers were sucking up to the Lakers

5. scyman

scyman Contributing Member

sunsrocketfan and I are thinking about going if we can get a steal on tickets. I'll let you know.

6. YourSecretLover

i almost bought 2 tickets almost next to the rockets bench but someone outbid me on ebay

what an a$$hole

7. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

Hey guys, I'll be at Sec: PR18, Row: 3.

8. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

Section 106 Row 8, HOPEFULLY. Has anyone bought tickets on stubhub and have them not come in time for a game? These tickets were bought a month ago, seller was suppose to mail them out Monday, and he STILL hasn't yet.

Oh and we are you all parking? I really don't want to pay 20 bucks for parking.

9. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed. :mad: was going to be my first rox game. **** stubhub. first email notifying them that seller hasn't sent tickets was met with a prompt reply. After deciding that we will need replacements, they have been MIA with the emails. once i get off work im going to call them, but **** i was so excited.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The_Yoyo,
    make sure you sit with people that actually cheer for Shane Battier or Aaron Brooks too. :cool:

11. The_Yoyo

yeah tm1ym11 we'll bring our game faces

hmm maybe wear my battier jersey?

12. tinman

Supporting Member

you should get a Ralph Sampson jersey and see how many Laker fans give you comments.

if they do, then you should have pride that there are some real NBA fans left.

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

i'm definitely there. don't have our section yet, but we will be down low or in the Premier section. my foursome will have a toddler decked out in Rockets gear...

14. The_Yoyo

depending on their age most of them believed that raplh made his shot during a game 7 and not game 5.

its a clipper game but then again, yeah there will be laker fans there

110thstreet hit me up when you find out where you are sitting

15. tm1ym11

tm1ym11 Member

Yea The_Yoyo and I will be representing about 3 rows back behind the basket by the Rox bench right at the tunnel

16. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

k finally got stubhub to get us replacements. will be in 116 row 7. I'm assuming that's on the opposite side of the visitor's bench? god dammit i had 106 at first.

Does anyone recommend any places to eat around staples??? I'm not looking for an expensive place. I want to go try the pantry again. only been there once and that was over 5 years ago.

Oh and I'll be the tall skinny asian dude wearing a red hoodie with the old rockets logo. going to be with my gf.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

Hey YoYo,

did you tell the Yao fans that the stadium is located in Compton or next to that street where they shot Ricky and Ice Cube had to take out those dudes at the burger stand?

They can wait at Caine's house while Jada Pinket comes back to take them to Atlanta. They can also go to the liquor store with O-Dog.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the Lakers actually played in Inglewood from 1967-1999

19. The_Yoyo

yeah i think 116 is behind the basket by the clippers bench. 106 is the section behind the basket closer to the visitors bench but on the other side of the court.

102/103 is behind the visitors bench

104/105 is next to it by the tunner

I'll be looking for you in 116. I will have my landry jersey on in all red, not sure what tm1ym11 will be wearing. but we shouldnt be too hard to spot

20. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

At Who's request?