1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tough Stretch Begins Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Nov 2, 2008.

1. tmacjordan123

tmacjordan123 Member

Is the Pacers can beat the Celtics by over 10 points
    then so can the Rockets!

2. Humer

Humer Member

Personally I'm looking forward to the Lakers game. Not only because I HATE the Lakers and want to dominate them, but I want to see how Landry does against Bynum. I might be wrong (whatever ;) ), but I think the media is making too much out of Bynum and his potential. I think there's a good chance that in the long run Landry will be better than Bynum. Just want to see if I'm in the ballpark or not.

-Humer

3. Problem-Chyld

Problem-Chyld Member

vs Celtics
    @ Blazers
    @ Clippers
    @ Lakers
    @ Suns
    @ Spurs
    vs Hornets

we will beat the Celtics,blazers,clippers. Lose to lakers they have way too much height,gasol will abuse scola and same with bynum, i think it will be a very close game though. Lose to the Suns as well, remember last year amare KILLED Scola it was like Scola wasn't even there, amare will kill us again this year and even shaq as well.We will beat spurs and hornets though

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

vs Celtics 50/50 chance
    @ Blazers win
    @ Clippers win
    @ Lakers lose
    @ Suns win
    @ Spurs lose
    vs Hornets
    win[/QUOTE]

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I also was thinking that we where going to lose to the Suns. But I heard they changed there game style and are more defensive. So I think we will win.

6. MystikArkitect

Pacers just manhandled the Celtics. The way I see it:

Yao=KG (and barely even, Yao's been a monster so far)
    Artest>>>Allen
    McGrady<Pierce
    Our Bench>>Celtics Bench

And Yao is a much harder mismatch for them than KG is for us.

7. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

I say we go 5-2 and lose to the Lakers and New Orleans. Pretty high chance we go 7-0 through the stretch, they are road games, but the only tough part of the schedule is the SA/NO back to back.

8. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I got a hunch that Rockets will cruise past all opponents in this stretch

okay,perhaps we might lose some of it due to the transition defense,which is lost the last 2 games,I just didn't see it.

anyways,don't underestimate Rox. Win it all,at the very least we gotta come out with 4-5 wins.

:D book it

9. GirlsAloud

GirlsAloud Member

Tough schedule but the sooner Battier comes back the better we'll be. I just hope it is very soon. Would love for us to put a good winning streak together.

10. yaofor3

yaofor3 Member

vs Celtics win
    @ Blazers win
    @ Clippers win
    @ Lakers win
    @ Suns win
    @ Spurs win
    vs Hornets win

streak lives on!!!!!!!!! :D

11. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

We will win all these game except...

Hornets.

The easiest to bet is SPURS. No Manu.

12. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I say we win versus the Celtics. Given how they ended the streak and they're a potential matchup in the Finals, our guys should come out tough. Plus its at home. This game is a payback game.

I also think we'll beat the fakers. Smartest thing Flava Flav ever said, "Don't beleve the hype." Artest will play kobe well and our depth is better than theirs. I really want to see Yao dominate bynum and Scola or Landry have a good game. Didn't we win that series last year 2-1?

The hornets will be tough especially because its the second of a back to back. As for them giving us trouble, I don't see it. We beat them twice in the streak. I also believe we blew them out in their house with Yao. Plus Rafer plays them well for some reason. I expect it to be a chippy game, but with us coming out on top.

I think our losses will be the teams we should beat. I see 4-3, maybe 5-2.

I hope we do well so I can see the media make excuses for the contenders.

13. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

to beat, that is. ;)

14. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

actually i think oden would have his way with yao, who could barely shoot 50% being single covered by okur.

15. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

Don't understimate the power of old-looking man. you're just too Y0F.

16. tm1ym11

tm1ym11 Member

That Lakers, Hornets and Spurs games are the one we should be iffy about. Out of all that stretch, the Lakers will be the biggest battle. We just gotta limit their 2nd unit that likes to run n gun now with Odom leading the way for them off the bench. If we can do that and get some easy buckets against them, we'd be in good position down the stretch.

17. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I am interested to see how the Rockets do on the road trip. I think they will be juiced for Boston at home on Tuesday. The road trip is especially brutal with the Lakers and Suns.

18. Tmac-is-numero1

It's possibe to win all. But i think we might lose to LAL.