1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMac should come off the bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WoodlandsBoy, Oct 31, 2008.

1. SupportingCast

I would agree with this IF AND ONLY IF he still gets 35+ minutes a game

2. realtmacfans

realtmacfans Member

pretty absude, i guess you're a novelist , or get paranoea.
    Please do not judge others according your laughable guessing

3. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

right, a 21 million dollar sixth man...that'll fly...

4. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

Maybe....and that's just a maybe, one might be able to rationally consider bringing in Tmac off the bench until he's 100 percent. A couple weeks at the most. I've seen the Cavs do something similar with Lebron in bringing him off the bench for a week or so after injury. But...it's delusional to think that a healthy Tmac (that's refering to 85% Tmac, which we have to consider healthy these days) would better serve this team coming off the bench. He's our only guy on the perimeter that demands constant double teams, the one player that has proven time and time again in recent history that he can carry the team when times get bleak, and the best passer and disruptor of the defense we have. We brought this guy to Houston to be a superstar, and that's what he's been. To even imply bringing him off the bench as a strategy for the season and playoffs is criminal. He's a top 10-15 player in the freakin' league! Let him get the minutes he deserves (and gets paid for...).

5. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Great post!

6. mjhaver5

mjhaver5 Member

This is by far the worst and most useless post ive seen..

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

t-mac off the bench would cause our 2nd unit to be stagnant as he holds onto the ball the majority of the time. our 2nd unit runs the offense better than our first unit. do you think brooks would rather kick it out to barry or kick it out to t-mac who's shooting 37%?

8. Just2MuchHype

Just2MuchHype Member

since I can't make a thread yet, you guys should check out lakersground.net and go to lakers lounge section in the forums. There is this huge rockets fan fighting with all the lakers fans LMAO we should help him out

9. t-mak

t-mak Member

this thread is r****ded. T-Mac is our best player. Even when he sucks, he does other things that lead us to win ball games.

10. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

You must be referring to this thread in that Laker forum, right? It is concerning the game the Rockets have coming up with the Lakers next week Sunday, the 9th.

That huge Rocket fan you're referring to is TrendSetter, right? He's really talking that game up in that Laker forum IMO. As far as the Rocket's chances of winning that game is concerned, if they play as well in that game like they did in Big D last Thursday (4th quarter), then I would like their chances a lot. On the other hand, if they play like they did in their two home wins, then no way.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=74909

11. ThaBlackKnight

WHYY??? Tmac gets Yao more easy shots than any other Rocket. Their pick n' roll will be really effective once Tmac gets somewhat healthy and will be able to turn those corners. Tmac gets Yao layups and dunks and he can actually make great post entry passes to Yao.

On top of that, he is still our most prolific and explosive scorer (not consistent), and he is our best playmaker, at 6'8. You don't put a top 5 shooting guard on the bench. Right now, I would understand since he's clearly not close to 100%, but when healthy , it shouldn't even be a question.

I do think Artest could be a great bench player, because he will have the ball in his hands, and he is not a rythem scorer like Tmac, and he will thrive on mismatches, especially against 2nd string defenders.

Yao, Tmac, Scola, Battier, and Alston was a very productive lineup for us last year, so why not go back to that?? why put Tmac on the bench??

12. hmittal

hmittal Member

Is this thread for real? There is no way you have TMAC coming off the bench. I think Artest playing with 2nd team makes more sense. Come on people, TMAC when healthy is the 2nd best player on the team next to Yao. I wish you could remove dumb threads.

13. rocketboost1

rocketboost1 Member

YOU WANT T-MAC TO COM OFF THA BENCH !!!dude ur crazy really .. :eek:

14. ts79

ts79 Member

You wanna bench toughest Western conference starter ?

15. Tmac-is-numero1

This is by far the worst thread i've seen in a while. -3 stars if I could.

The answer is NO!

16. KTS

KTS Member

tmac holds the ball too much?

somebody has to get the offence in motion。

17. count_dookoo

count_dookoo Member

i think that tmac, yao and scola should come of the bench.

we should start chuck, ron, shane, landry and rafer. when mutombo signs he should replace landry. the defense will be reeeaaaaallyy though this way and our bench will always dominate. not to mention that this way we'll limit the wear on yao and tmac.

you know what? maybe we could even play them(tmac&yao) as our third unit. we'll use them in spurts and only if the team is in desperately need of scoring.

18. count_dookoo

count_dookoo Member

fixed: the defense will be reeeaaaally tough this way

19. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

no.no no,that will make it even worse

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Agree with you on most everything else, but in what way is Yao better then Tmac. Even an injured Tmac is better then a healthy Yao on most nights.

Ever see the Rockets record when Yao is missing as opposed to Tmac missing.