1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Balanced scoring for the Rockets, get use to it!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 1, 2008.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tonight, 6 players in double digits
    4 players in the Dallas game
    4 players in the Memphis

I know about half of you stat craving, sportscenter vince carter dunking loving, charles barkley hating fans.

Get use to it. This is the formula of winning championships, balance. Not Tmac 'exploding' for 50 points, or Yao leading fantasy basketball

If you want to savor a high scoring individual performance, there's those NBA TV classic games with Orlando on once in awhile.

If you love well balanced basketball, this is the Rick the Ruler Adelman Houston Rockets!

[​IMG]
    "It takes 5, stupid newbs" -Slick Rick

2. HombreDeHierro

Dude I love you.

3. joesr

joesr Member

hahaha

4. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Yezzir. A good point. Rarely is balance not important to a team winning a championship.

Really. Who's expecting Landry and Brooks to play like that? Other teams already have Yao, McGrady, and Artest to worry about. If the other guys contribute like they have been, we're in good shape going forward.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Balanced Scoring and Team Ball:
    [​IMG]

Unbalanced Scoring and Stat whorin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. optimus

optimus Member

this is how they won a championship in Boston last year

7. bewy

bewy Member

AGREED, people who started about T-mac explosion should be hanged.

8. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

McGrady is averaging 6 assists allrady this year. i expect that to increase once he gets fitter. tonight we had 6 guys in double figure.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Balance scoring is the key. We've been emphasizing on this since last year, and our role players stepped up after the injuries, unlucky they all choked in game 6. I wanna thank the kings for getting rid of Bobby Jackson for us.

McGrady has been emphasizing the role of a playmaker ever since his back injury. But we never had any finishers. Now that we have the Tru Warrior and the great wall we can hopefully at least expect 3-4 players to score double digits a night.

And IMO, Bryant is still the stat whorer of the league.

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

This is jut PURE OLD SCHOOL B-BALL!!!!

11. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

I am happy if Tmac gets clyde numbers

somewhere around

18-20pts,6-7rbounds, 6-7 assists

12. abita

abita Member

okay t-mac, we want to see you get into double double form (double digits scores and assists)

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Superstar hogging shots wins games! (see Kobe Bryant)

well Team Ball wins championships! (see Rockets 08-09')

I hope we will have at least 7 players in double figures each game:

Yao
    Scola
    Artest
    McGrady
    Landry
    Brooks

14. tinman

Supporting Member

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=281101010

McGrady guarded Durant for the first three quarters before Artest took over in the fourth. Durant managed four points in the fourth.

"Sometimes you've got to treat Kevin Durant like he's Michael Jordan," Artest said. "You've got to treat every player like they're Jordan, play them hard."

There's no stat for leadership, if there was one, that'll be my favorite stat.
    Ron Artest Leadership points 10000000

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Actually, I want T-Mac to have a triple double every game. And he is truly capable of it if he puts his mind to playmaking and rebounding more than scoring.

10 pts
    10 rebs
    10 assists

isn't very hard for T-Mac

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Actually, I want T-Mac to have a triple double every game. And he is truly capable of it if he puts his mind to playmaking and rebounding more than scoring.

10 pts
    10 rebs
    10 assists

isn't very hard for T-Mac, right? 10 pts is nothing for T-Mac, and he already averages about 7 rebs per game in his career, and 10 assists? Not hard if he is to handle the ball on every possession while AB plays SG after bringing the ball up to court real fast.

17. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

at least?? 7 players is too many. That's too balanced. lol. What about Battier when he returns?

I'd say 4 players in double figures each game is more than enough. That's the big 3 plus whoever else had the hot hand that night. That doesn't mean the others don't score, it just means they score somewhere around 6-9 pts...

18. ibm

ibm Member

19. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

If we can get 10 players in double digits on average

we will be averaging at least 100 points

20. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

The dallas game showed rons real value. if we didnt have rons tough ass mentality in the 4th quarter in that, game, we would have lost that game.

And this farthar proves who the real leader is in this team. both tmac and yao are soft as a pastry when it comes to leadership. this guy has given us a true grit attitude. he is our mario ellie with more game. our otis thorpe or carl herrar with grit.