1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who was the off season FT trainer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abita, Oct 30, 2008.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can we lock him in a room with Chuck Hayes?

DD

2. abita

abita Member

as for today, Rox is the best FT in the league and the best 3pt def in the league as well! :eek:

3. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

I don't understand how it is humanly possible to shoot like that. Has Hayes ever discussed about it?

4. abita

abita Member

twice in three games allowed opponent ZERO 3 pointer

5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm bumping this back up because the topic deserves more discussion. FT% is the stat most under your team's control, i.e., irrespective of the opponent. We are now maintaining an 88.5% rate after 87 attempts. Something important seems to be going on: Are the players better rested? More focused? More relaxed? Spending less energy while the ball is moving?

Feigen, this is your job. Go find out who's been working the magic and how.

6. Just2MuchHype

Just2MuchHype Member

The Rockets look great at the line, especially McGrady who was atrocious last season. Its good to see hard work paying off

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Duh, its Brett Gunning. Its been covered during preseason.

Wonder why people never bother to read the tread before posting.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

With responses like yours, it's a miracle anyone bothers to post. And you might watch where you tread.

9. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

I am happy that we have a high FT% this new season, its going to make a difference in all those close games I can promise you that

I dont think FT has been talked about in any articles?

10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

The Rockets sucked out TMac and Wade's FT skills. They are sucking like ****.

11. leaveray

leaveray Member

:D :D :D it's Brent Barry's gift to Houston.....

12. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

It's the subtraction of Bonzi Wells

and the addition of Yao, Barry, ARTEST, and an improved T-Mac (for now).

13. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

AGREEEEEEED :D

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I wonder why Hayes still sucks at Fts though. If you remember during his first 2 years under JVG Hayes was like the proto Landry (insanely high PER). But then he devolved from a potential steal to a purely defensive role player. Fts are the biggest hole in his game right now...considering his quickness, his girth and his penchant for being at the right place at the right time I bet Chuck would have gotten a boat load of free throws if he was actually not scared at going to the line (I don't blame him though...to have everyone laugh at you the world over for having the ugliest ft known to man is just traumatizing)

why didn't that ft dude work his magic on him? Maybe Chuck is just a lost cause lol.

P.S. Are we the team with the most missed potential due to wrong instructions? First T-mac destroys his back by working out the wrong way, now Chuck destroying his free throw stroke by shooting with the wrong form. What's next? Yao Ming destroying his knee for logging 40 mins a night? I kid, I kid, I don't wanna derail the thread lol ;)

15. tulexan

tulexan Member

I didn't think it was possible for Chuck to have worse free throw form, but somehow he did it. Maybe there's hope though, Barkley's golf swing on the TNT set looked somewhat decent and look what it used to be.

16. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

The article said Chuck shoots without the hitch in practice but when it comes gametime he reverts back to the bad habit. Gunning is trying to make him shoot like thousands of the same shot though, so it gets used to it and confident with it. Same deal with everyone else too.