1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Tmac win a championship before he retires

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stonecold999, Oct 31, 2008.

?

Will Tmac win a championship before he retires

1. Yes

283 vote(s)
    87.9%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

If not this year, or next year, I'm gonna have to go with game over. I just feel like the national tone around the media towards Tracy is eerily similar to what we heard about Paul Pierce before the C's went on their run last season. If you remember, before KG and RA came along, Peirce was "aging" and "deteriorating" in ability. 20 games into the season he was the main guy on a team that would win the NBA championship...

2. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Hey guys, first of all I'm new, and very happy to be part of the legendary CF community.

On topic:

I definitely think this poll is a bit biased, I admit I voted 'yes', however we are one pickup away from being the quintesential championship team (I say we need a good 7' backup centre).

I think we could quite easily pick someone up before the trade deadline this season, or in the next off-season. Even without one more roster move, we are a contender as it is, and T-Mac CAN carry this team (even if he doesn't need to anymore) should the moment arise come playoff time. Just because Artest has been amazing in the first 2 games, we can't expect him to be perfect for the full 82. And when Ron does have an off night, I hope T-Mac can fill in and carry the team as he's done (with both the Rox and the Magic) for the past 7-8 years.

3. FanfromJaysCity

without a doubt, he just needs that killer instinct.

4. leaveray

leaveray Member

now his priority is to get healthy, be qucik and strong,

5. Kenny536

Kenny536 Member

you say "hes no kobe bryant" - i see what youre saying but i still blame a lot of that on his back injury which made him less explosive and also his recent injuries... there was a point back in his orlando days where theyd compare tmac and kobe and theyd be at the same skill level, but those damn injuries.. who knows what would have happened, with that being said, i still think hes one of the top 5 players.

6. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

I voted "yes" to this poll, and the same vote for the following one next year:

Will Tmac win second championship before he retires?

:p

7. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

It's this year or never. Unless we somehow manage to secure Artest for another year? Or make another amazing pick up next season...

If Artest keeps his play at this level, and keeps a level head (shouldn't be a problem), there are going to be a few teams willing to chance it and pay BIG money for a guy who can score 20+ (with diversity in his game) while playing great defense night in night out...

At this rate (only been 2 games, but you get the point) Ron *could* be looking at a 2 yr 25 mil or 3 yr 30 mil contract. Maggette's making 50 mil for 5...no reason Artest won't get a similar contract. A team like the Knicks would probably bite, maybe even a better team if he really behaves.

He's not going to turn down that kind of money for another 'shot' with the Rockets...no matter how far we go.

I don't have any solid evidence (obviously) but I'm going to guess and say T-Mac retires in 3-4 seasons...I doubt sooner (unless something happens), I doubt longer (he'll be pretty beat up by then). So it really is now or never.

8. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Member

Should add Vince Carter, AI, Jason Kidd to the poll as well.

9. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

What I see so far, is TMac can play a different game because he knows he doesn't have the carry the team in the crunch. I think in the past, he conserved in order to have something left in the end. Now, he can go all out, and have plenty of rest. That and Artest brings something out in him. Somehow Ron makes TMac tougher. I've seen it already.

10. djimi

djimi Member

yeah, thats wat i was thinking too, its more likely next year than this year but u will never know. he really needs to be consistent with his hunger to win. also he needs Yao to be equally as hungry to win. we'll obviously see how it goes in the 2nd half of the season, still too early to tell. too many factors to consider at the moment, injuries plays a big part of a teams championship run. anyway lets hope for the best for Rockets and for Tmac ;)

11. realtmacfans

realtmacfans Member

Definitely ! The guys who vote the second option must be unqualified to be a Rox fan. :mad:

12. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I think if he wins one it will be on the bench a la Bill Walton on the Celtics.

13. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Bill Walton led the Blazers to a title when he was in his prime.

I think you mean Gary Payton with the Heat. ;)

14. optimus

optimus Member

I tend to agree. this is their best chance, though the competition this season and next will be fierce. If they don't win the championship this year, or at least get close, Artest will likely bail after this season or next. Then the window will not only shut on Tmac, but in all likely hood, on Yao as well.

15. optimus

optimus Member

I think he was comparing the potential situations of winning titles, not the two players. Even without an NBA championship, Walton was way more accomplished as a basketball player than TMac.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

No, Tmac won't win a ring until after he retires. lol

17. Tmac-is-numero1

When t-mac wants too he can be BETTER than kobe bryant, as a matter of fact he was better than kobe in orlando. When he scored the 13 points in 33 seconds, he did the impossible and i really don't think anyone in the nba could of done what he did. It's not fair to say "he's no kobe" because injuries have gotten the worst of him.

On the subject..I think we'll win this season.

18. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I know Walton won one with the Blazers. I was merely comparing him winning one on the bench with the opinion I have of Tracy winning one on the bench.

19. jase66

jase66 Member

Agreed.

20. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

ah indeed, pwned haha