1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. ming bada bing

I could have sworn I heard on the Rockets Preview on NBATV that they resigned Deke for one more year.

I guess not huh? :confused:

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Morey,
    I know this is like being a billionaire and asking someone to spot you a few bucks, but PLEASE GET DEKE BACK IN A ROckets UNI.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Tired starter is more of a problem then a tired backup.

4. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Buy out Fancis and sign Deke (and send Dorsey to the NBLD to get some playing and learning time).

5. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

iam in we need the defense and offense that bring MUTOMBO into the game

6. Trini Rocket

Trini Rocket Member

It's seems like many you are forgetting that deke did not play much back up last year. We were playing chuck and scola as the back up C. In fact, if you remember the first game scola started he played center when yao was out. Deke was on the bench and was playing very limited minutes if at all. He even asked to get more playing time right before Yao went down so he would be in better shape before the playoffs started.

Now I'm not saying it wouldn't be good to get him back but he was more a contributor off the court than on before yao got injured. He wasn't Yao's primary back up last year so I just don't understand why everyone is asking to bring back Deke to reduce Yao's minutes. If he does come back it would be later in the season (like pj brown for the celtics).

He will be a welcomed addition but he isn't needed.