1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this forum clean?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by abita, Oct 30, 2008.

1. abita

abita Member

I noticed couple times that when I was browsing this forum all of a sudden a bunch of pop-ups were blocked. And it never happened to other websites I browsed. Is there some sort of troj running? :eek:

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

More than likley it is a hidden popup in the ads that we have rotating in and out.

Ive gotten a popup warning a couple times recently and checked it out.

(http://ar.voicefive.com/p25140298/invite/invite.htm?PRAd=27657913&AR_C=27045353&site=504&location=http%3A%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fadi%2FN1057.ContextWeb%2FB2956324.6%3Bsz%3D160x600%3Bclick%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fcdslog.contextweb.com%2FCDSLogger%2FL.aspx%3Fq%3DC~502951~809~23588~40750~17776~2~328~25~clutchfans.net~2~8~1~0~2~1~4mjdjBW2JshQGKKS6DGY8BAruU-6tigpa1pM47qKhDw^~54~2~0~0~0~~%3Bord%3D1587934699%3F&referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.clutchfans.net%2Fdisplay_ad.cfm%3Fadsdaq_type%3D3%26adsdaq_color%3Dd6d7d9&frequency=0.1&dom=1&wpopAcceptUrl=.%2Finvite%2Finvite.htm&inviteDuration=undefined&acceptWindowFeatures=width%3D400%2Cheight%3D400%2Clocation%3D0%2Cmenubar%3D0%2Cresizable%3D1%2Cscrollbars%3D1%2Ctoolbar%3D0&1225402814235)

3. abita

abita Member

that was my guess as well.

4. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

I know it's not what you mean abita... BUT I wanted to post it somewhere- take the literal sense of "clean" from the thread title...

In this now-locked thread: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=156369

2 posts later:

3 Posts later:

For real? Not a word about the first post? Is the dichotomy really that big between being a member and a contributing member? For all intents and purposes, Rover16's use of "profanity" was no where as close to bad as Texanskan's.

Whatever... [/CLOSE VENT]

5. abita

abita Member

selective visual disorder ?

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

that is pretty odd.. i would normally assume Clutch was referring to the thread starter since he posted that as he locked the thread. so it's only odd that he quoted and bolded the d-bag part.

7. DaRock1

DaRock1 Member

Wow, you are such an a**hole.

Anyone with half a brain could see why Rover16 was banned but Texanskan was not.

Texanskan actually seemed to feel sorry for Rafer. He seemed to be pissed that Rafer got handcuffed and taken to the jail because of an stupid incident. If the same happened to a friend of mine, I'd call him a 'dumbass' too because I'd be very pissed.

On the contrary, Rover16 seemed to be happy for Rafer's misfortune and thought it was 'awesome' and funny. He then called Rafer a 'douchebag'. Need me to say anything more?

You are such an a**hole to try to imply that Texanskan got special treatment because he has contributed. I think you deserved to be banned even more than Rover16.

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I can guarantee you that Rover has said a whole lot more that deserved some retribution. That was just the one that broke the camel's back.
    I'm honestly surprised that he hadn't been banned long before that.

9. ind0fo0

Thanks buddy, but maybe you should learn to read. I was commenting on the fact that the admin questioned Rover16's use of the word (....) and not Texanskan's- which has nothing to do with their opinions of the Rafer situation. I could care less about what they were implying in terms of Rafer.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

RELAX, ^ :cool:. The "report" image is there for you to click and ask the mods directly. I didn't see a need for a thread, though.

Please note: that's "Texanscan", not texanskan. The latter is a reputable and staple Texans/Rockets' fan. :eek:

11. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

You could?

12. ind0fo0

1. I didn't make the thread. Despite my contribution to CF, still a Rookie.
    2. Sorry bout the mistake with the name.

Umm- did I not say that I didn't? Why would it matter to me how two random posters feel about Rafer getting a DWI- especially if neither offered any sort of explanation for their feelings. One said Awesome! The other just straight out cursed. The question is- did YOU get anything out of it? BTW- your videos on YouTube are phenomenal.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have noticed that when certain advertisements are on the screen that the prompter where you type in the text box when posting is flashing about 20 times a second as opposed to just every second or so....and the CPU cycles are going up.

I think something is amiss.....

DD

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I was browsing the BB and just noticed the "brastk" virus was loaded on my computer while doing nothing other than browsing (i.e. I was not doing any email reading, downloading, etc.) Another file named "delself.bat" was installed on my desktop. Anyone else run into this? The creation times of these two files were today at 1:40 CDT.

My computer spontaneously restarted and "brastk" was running via Windows task Manager and set to automatically at startup. I have since aborted brastk, removed it from the run menu and am in the process of running a virus scan.

15. Pete the Cheat

the same just happened to me. I am running a virus scan right now, and it identified the same trojan, as well as two others...a backdoor proxy and "virus scan 2009"...
    CFs is the only website I have visited today (other than my company start page) so it has to be the culprit.

I am sure Clutch is already looking into this, but just wanted to let you know you aren't alone bobrek

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Thanks for the info. I saw the "virus scan 2009" as well. I am running our system's McAfee scan and it did not "notice" brastk. After the scan completes, I'll manually remove it and then delete the one registry entry as well.

I believe I was in D & D when it occurreed, but have no idea what ads were up.

17. Pete the Cheat

now that I think about it, I was as well when the alert came up. It was the thread about the director for Talladega Nights addressing a letter to McCain voters.

fyi, the final count was 5 viruses.