1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Millions of Chinese fans are thrilled to watch Rockets open new season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Munir Ming, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Munir Ming

Munir Ming Member

I've been a Rockets fan since 2002. Sorry, yeah, it was Yao who turned me into a Rockets fan. I still remember that first match up between Yao and Shaq in 2002. It was hilarious. Since then, I've become a hardcore Rockets fan. I root for Yao and every other Rockets.

With the new season kicking off in less than 8 hours, I can tell you guys that millions of Chinese fans are anxiously waiting for the opening tip. CCTV5, the national sports network will carry live the game between Rockets and Grizzles, and numerous local networks will do that that too. I’ve got a full schedule and I’m not going to miss a single Rockets game.

This is the year. Let's beat the injury or whatever myth or tradition there. There was a famous line from a Chinese gang movie: You will pay for it someday.

I'd like to take it the other way. You will get paid someday.

The Rockets have had endured so much misfortune in the past and it must be time now for the team to win it back all. I always believe when you push so hard all the time, you will get your piece of glory, sooner or later.

2. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

the tipoff is near,my emotion gets higher.

Let's smack that Griz in the season opener! Go Rox :D

3. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Munir Ming, excellent post! It's great to get a perspective from the other side of the world. Rockets fans all over the globe wait with the same anticipation.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Let's hope Yao doesn't get injured again and go out for a while. We might be able to count on one hand the number of Chinese fans watching then. ;)

5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Looking forward to the Rockets playing in the WCF and Finals and the TV broadcast showing a split screen of Rockets fans in China cheering just as loud as Rockets fans in America.

6. duel128ttvusa

duel128ttvusa Member

Man, I have a class at 7pm ET tonight! :mad: it sucks!!!! and I have another class at the same time tomorrow!!!! I am pissed. Hopefully the professor will let me go by 9 so I can still catch the second half, or may be the 4th Q.

Let's go Rox!!!

7. moose

moose Member

If you have a laptop, take it to class, watch free preview broadband!

8. pkboy

pkboy Member

i am one of them.... :D

9. cyruszhang

cyruszhang Member

man that's soliciting or what :p

10. duel128ttvusa

duel128ttvusa Member

I have LP broadband, but tonite's class will be a group discussion class, and I can't bring a laptop there n just watch the game. :rolleyes:

11. small forward

small forward Member

in US, you guys have Broadband and cable TV.
    in china, you all can access to pirate online streaming.
    but me, outside get only words and vioce to enjoy. :(

12. DaDream

DaDream Member

tonight Yao ,the man of the gods of glory, will pronounce he is the king of kings and be the light of an eagles mouth.

13. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Yea, also in Turkey we're so excited about the opening game,in our Turkish Rox Fan site we are like 700 members and 50 of us gonna watch the game against memphis from sopcast etc. The love of Houston Rockets(in a non-gay way ofcourse :) ) is so weird, I've got to go to my university tomorrow at early 8.00 am, but I'm gonna watch Rockets's game which is at 2.30 am in Turkey. And I'm doin it for hole 82 regular season+ playoff games .

C'MON ROCKETS THIS IS OUR YEAR!

note:lets everybody pray for no injuries :rolleyes:

14. Munir Ming

Munir Ming Member

Last year, even without Yao, I watched every game of the Rockets.

You can see that Yao doesn't only turn some Chinese fans into Rockets fans, but also basketball fans at large. For some, this process is irreversible. Even without Yao, we're still rooting for Rockets and professional baskeball.

15. Munir Ming

Munir Ming Member

Good luck to you guys over there. I didn't know the Rockets have such a large international fan base. It's really a good thing.

16. nono3534

nono3534 Member

Here is another Rox fan from Singapore... hello all..

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

My apologies to all the Chinese Rockets fans who had to watch that horrific, badly played, ugly win.

18. tangsanmao

tangsanmao Member

The first game is not good enough as we wanted to see

19. Rox-Champion

Rox-Champion Member

I will take it. A win is just a win.

20. tfr

tfr Member

a win is a win indeed

oh and the number 1 rockets fan in the philippines signing in :cool:

i just moved here a few months ago from houston...i can't wait till i go back to visit in dec so i can catch as many home games as i can afford