1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Haunted House

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CoolGuy, Oct 22, 2008.

1. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

Whats the best haunted house in Houston?

Anyone have any good stories/experiences they would like to share?

2. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I'm not sure what the best one is but I do know that Scream World sucks despite what you hear.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

5th Ward at Midnight. Plenty of scary **** going on there.

4. Fatty FatBastard

Phobia.

More than a haunted house... IT REAL!

(seeing if anyone else gets this.)

5. saviorlh

saviorlh Member

HAHAHA!!! good one!.......

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd go. Legit adrenaline rushes like that are what life is about.

7. ak47

ak47 Member

I heard scream world sucks...
    Phobia is pretty cool but it's pretty far.

Where are some real haunted places in Houston/Sugar Land Area? Not the haunted Houses where you pay..

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I am interested to find out who here has had a good time in either one of these. I know a nephew of mine went to Phobia on 290 and West Road... he said "it was all right... more surprising than scary... the haunters' masks looked real... it was cool."
    :rolleyes: You're just blabbering. You don't know SQUAT about Fifth Ward, sir. I bet you haven't ever WALKED or much less DRIVEN through it...

Nevertheless, CoolGuy asked for Haunted Houses, not "neighborhoods that scare witto bladeage". :p

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I went to Scream World last weekend over Phobia
    BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER
    <br>
    Scream World defies the logic of physics so bad by sucking and blowing at the same time..
    Like literally the scariest part was almost getting into an altercation with some mexican guys in the parking lot... :eek:

10. SwoLy-D

:rolleyes: What part of Mexico were they from?

I kid. You know, most people whom you'd think were from Mexico aren't even Mexican, they're from the United States. Don't say "mexican" unless you know they're from Mexico. They might be Colombian or Guatemalan or even Spanish... anyway, that's not even important... fire away at incorrect ethnic observations... ;)

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

wasn't that painted (with the mispelling) somewhere off of 59?

I had to work at a haunted house one night at Six Flags in college (some sort of charity thing our fraternity had to do). Some people's reactions were so freaking funny when you scared them. Then you had the tough guys that would try to stare you down after you scared them...always made me laugh behind that stupid mask I had to wear

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Hahaha, sorry no disrespect to your race bro!
    <br>
    It really pissed me off though, i'll tell the story in a little bit, maybe tomorrow after i finish studying

13. Fatty FatBastard

It may have been. But I recalled the ad because it was framed above a urinal at this now defunct Sportsbar called Savage's. (The one on Kirby @ Bissonnet.) The thing about the misspelled ad was that they NEVER took it down. That ad was posted there for around 3 freaking years!

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So the old Jefferson Davis Hospital is now a freakin' LOFT???

:(

15. Summer Song Giver

Hispanic American?

16. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I lived right off i45 and Pecore for a while. I visited friends in 5th ward plenty of times. I know what goes on there. :cool:

17. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Uh oh, now the Loft is on the haunted ground!

Well, I've always liked Phobia.

18. LoneStarRebel

LoneStarRebel Member

---True Story---

I have a rich Aunt who lives on a Estate that was built over a former cemetery. I'm gonna describe the estate in detail so ya'll get an idea of how it looks like. The property is divided into sections....the first section is the main house which is parallel to the chauffers' quarters, the second section (the guest house) of the property is located past the courtyard/backyard. Right next to the guest house is an unfinished open bar, and an out door basketball court....keep in mind the whole place is surrounded by a 9 foot wall (so the ONLY ways in are the gates on the East wing and north wing of the property.

---1st Experience---

The only people in the house were my two cousins, and the maids (but they were already fast asleep). There is a HUGE old-school antique mirror on the wall facing the grand entrance. Now, keep in mind it was REALLY dark on the first floor...the only light that was on, was the lights in the dining room hall. Both my cousins were staying up late waiting for my Aunt and Uncle to come home....one of my cousins noticed something in the mirror (Remember, it was really dark), she saw this really white musky silhouette slowly glide by the mirror...at first she couldn't believe what she saw, cause the mirror was facing the grand entrance, and there was no one else but THEM in the first floor. She asked my other cousin if she saw what she saw in the mirror, she didn't answer, she just started to scream.

---2nd Experience---

It was just my cousin and the maid (they're afraid of being alone, so they just chill, and watch television together) my other cousin's with my aunt and uncle at an appointment (so it was just the two of them in the house, nobody else). They we're in the living room with the TV on...all of a sudden, they here footsteps upstairs...not just regular footsteps, but as if someone was wering slippers and walking around upstairs (it was a REALLY distinct sound). Obviously they were really scared, they just huddled together and waited until every one came home, and told them what had happened.

---3rd Experience---
    Over the times, my aunt had hired many different maids and chauffers, she never tells them about the past experiences (cause she didn't want to give them ideas where if something were to happen, they'd automatically assume it was supernatural). The really interesting fact was that, the maids would always tell her these strange things happening (keep in mind, my aunt nor my uncle and cousins DID NOT tell them about the house's history). The maids would describe hearing one of their voices, telling them to come see them or to bring them water or food, etc...but when they came to see whoever they thought the voice was....they'd tell them, they NEVER called for them.

Facts about the House:

>My Aunts Gardener died in a freak accident on the property, a telephone wire electrocuted him during a storm.

>The entire area was built over a cemetery...what ever happened to the bodies, no one knows...

>A LOT of people have heard voices and seen stuff on the property especially in the dead of night (2AM and later). [One of the maids, back in 1993, said she saw a tall shadowy figure smoking an old school cigar in the courtyard, she couldn't make out the face cause it was real dark...then it disappeared]

>I've been there, but I have yet to experience what every body in that house was talking about.

19. SwoLy-D

No offense taken, hamza. I just thought it was a bit of a generalization to believe they were all from that country without exactly knowing it.

Just "Hispanic" is fine, but in that situation a "Hispanic-loooking" or "guys who looked like they were Hispanic" adjective would have worked, Summer Song Giver. :D

:confused: So WHAT exactly goes on there? Tell me, how is that like "a haunted house," sir? " :cool: "

20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

My sisters wanted to go to a Haunted House 2 weekends ago, but I didn't want to make the drive to Scream World, is it really that bad? I thought it got good reviews in the paper.

Anyways, one of them mentioned some place called Carnage. We looked at the website and there were blurbs about being on CNN, it was located at the Marquee on Katy Freeway. When we got there we couldn't find it and then one of them looked up the site on their blackberry and we saw that the site was like a year, maybe 2 old because the calendar didn't match with this years. So the only spooky thing that night was wondering why they are still paying to keep that website up.