1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WAFER ROTATION PLAYER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by binvegas, Oct 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Do you remember how NOVAK played during preseason years ago right after he joined Rox and how excited clutch fans were? :p

2. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Who has more hype!? Wafer or Francis.

Wafer is an injury replacement. Even if he makes the team he'll be on the injured reserve all season. He's at best an 11th or 12th man who will see nothing but garbage time.

No way he plays ahead of Brent Barry. IMO Barry is the best backup PG we have. Also with Barry being a facilitator we can let Aaron Brooks move into his natural role as a scorer.

3. metalshred

metalshred Member

Start Wafer, Bench Mcgrady:D

4. MisterMister

MisterMister Member

Dude you got to come out from under that rock or off it.There is no injured reserve any more. ;)

5. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

look at boris diaw's stats pre and post sun. Thats how big of a difference a change of team can do for you.

And one more thing, if there is 3 teams before him, it meant there is 3 head coaches that is willing to chance him.

6. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

And 3 that were willing to let him go. :confused:

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

With T Mac unsure about when he will make his grand enterance, Von Wafer
    might get a chance to show just what he has during the early season games :p

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Yes I do !!! Also I remember how JVG wouldn't play rookies. You must understand that Novak is a role player ( spot up three Point Shooter)and Coaches need to understand how to get the best out of the talent that is available. JVG insisted on trying to change Novak's game, with a zero result.
    his was the wrong use of Novak's talent and was one reason why JVG was fired :p

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

What I like about Wafer and Strawberry is they always follow Brooks when he penetrates with a delayed cut. It gives them an open lane to the basket and they both draw alot of fouls. Thier finishes around the basket need work but often times a foul is called or Landry jumps in and cleans it up.

As for those who argue Wafer was cut by other teams...who cares? If he fits in exactly where we need, he can be super effective in our system.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

If that's directed at me... I don't. My point was I think it says more that 3 coaches let him walk then 3 coaches gave him a chance.

11. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.

1. The odds of Wafer making the team are remote.
    2. The odds of Wafer even getting any playing time at all are VERY remote.
    3. The odds of Wafer being a rotational player are EXTREMELY remote.
    4. The odds of Wafer beating Barry in the rotation are so incredibly remote that you have a better chance of getting struck by lighting as you pull yourself ashore after a shark bit off your leg.

Chuch Hayes will lead the league in FT % before Wafer move ahead of Barry in lineup.

Hakeem will come out of retirement and win most improved player first.

JVG will accept an offer by RA as an assistant and then pony up for an additional 50 Rowdy tickets on the other side of the arena.

Everything in Ron Artest Facts thread will be proven true before this thread comes true.

12. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

I know its called the Inactive List. Whatever...... :rolleyes: it's the same thing.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

let's just keep our fingers crossed that von keeps up his hustle and improvement. Till then, Barry is our go to man.

14. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

Yes, but for every Boris Diaw there are thousands of players that have changed teams and still sucked. I'm not saying he's GOING to suck definately, but how bout we let him prove he doesn't suck in a regular season games before we crown him?

This is horrible logic. Because he's a journeyman 14th man it means he's somehow good? If we are talking about a guy like Ron Artest that is getting paid big bucks to play, that would actually mean something. But taking a "chance" by paying the league minimum on a guy like Wafer is hardly meaningful.

15. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

...there's a better chance of being invaded by a pack of polar bears who are pissed off that their ice caps have melted and are seeking revenge.

16. Trojan

Trojan Member

why would we give uo G. Green but pick up Wafer?
    Anyone can compare these two guys?

17. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

It all depends on what team he's in and what situation is he in?? I think with this team....all you need is to shoot consistently from outside...any other talents you have is just a bonus. Like for example, Luther Head...what can he do?? Just spot up and shoot 3 right?? So is Rafer pretty much with the exeption of better ball-handing skills!! So what i am saying is that you JUST HAVE TO SHOOT BETTER with this team and Wafer has proven he's pretty deadly when he's wide open. The thing that makes him stand out is that he can drive to the basket which Rafer and Luther hardly ever do or capable of doing.