1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A&M vs Tech

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GlassHalfFull, Oct 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Touchdowns don't do nearly as much as you think. At the end of the year you aren't going to lose a BCS bid on 7 points. You could probably score 5 more TDs and it would have no impact.

Its not about whining. Its about class and respect. You think Mack Brown would have pulled have that crap? No. In a way I like it, it increases my distaste towards Tech. They have no boundaries. Like I said, god is gonna cut em down.

2. Molotov Cocktail

Molotov Cocktail Contributing Member

It's Tech. No surprises there; and everybody should have seen it coming. Leach has pulled stunts like that as long as he's been there; it had nothing to do with any BCS crap. Yeah it was tacky, but really, who cares. Tech should have been able to annihilate the worst Aggie team since the inception of the Big XII and they couldn't.

Have fun with UT, OU, and OSU, techsters.

3. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

just got back from the game..
    A great game, by far the best of this season (this gives you an idea of the kind of season we've been having :( ) ..

We were playing great the first half, Jarrod went out then came back strong and it was all good, but the 3rd quarter, Tech's superior offense took over, and they were piling first down after a first down.. Our defense is truly a joke, but I think the refs played an important role in this one.. I'm not being a whiner here, but anyone with a pair of eyes could see that at least 10 holding calls weren't made just for tech, they missed a couple on our side too, not gonna lie, but the holding calls favored tech by far.. We couldn't get within 5 yards of the QB on 90% of the plays, and I don't believe we got a single sack.. Their O-line is amazing, but the no-calls on holding are also amazing (for raider fan at least)..

great atmosphere overall, I'm truly surprised at the number of tech fans that made up down here.. there was red all over the stands at Kyle Field, which slightly pissed me off lol..

I saw some very promising signs in this game, Johnson was starting to feel comfortable in the pocket, his decision making is the problem right now though: there were atleast 3 plays were he could've gotten 1st down had he ran it but he chose to throw it to an under pressure receiver ..

we need major work on defense, it sucks right now.. oh, and our special teams are very "special" as my friend put it, so we need to work on that too..

can't wait for basketball :( hopefully we'll be better..

/desperate Aggie rant

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You know what, I think I agree with you on that last point. Because, as we all know, that would be God's #1 priority. Then again, maybe God feels that by taking a knee, the team would not be using all of their His-given talent. Maybe, just maybe, God is very angry at the Aggies right now for letting Tech score with that little time on the clock. I mean, letting Harrell just walk the ball in? I don't know, but I tend to think that God has more of a beef with the Aggies defensive line than with Mr. Leach. Doesn't taking a knee equate to "Bearing false witness against thy neighbor?" Color me peculiar, but I really do feel that God fully supports Mike Leach in his effort to play every down of every game, as he's always done.

Next time I speak with the Almighty, I'll see what he says. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to pull a John Denver and say, "God just made a ruling- Mike Leach is wrong for 'running up the score.'" If I'm right, though, no more whining on this board is allowed regarding this matter. God will have spoken.

5. DPballer

DPballer Member

Even with the extra TD at the end (I'm sure the media has to be aware of this before voting), Tech didn't look too impressive at all, especially their defense.

They will probably lose more points even with the last TD.

6. dandorotik

Where's the proof? How do you know this will not make a difference? I am ignorant on this matter- show me the proof about how the final rankings and determinations are made. I will gladly change my mind, with or without God's intervention.

7. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

Nice to see Tech punch it in there on the last play. If A&M has a problem with it, stop them. Easy enough.

8. dandorotik

It's the same thing with people complaining the other day with Boston leaving their starters in against us in a meaningless exhibition game. So what? If the Rockets don't like it, then send in the starters or take the loss like men. Geez, is this what our society has come to? Waah, Albert Pujols showed us up by staring at his home run before circling the bases. Waah, San Antonio does the Hack-A-Shaq! Waah, Mike Leach runs up the score. If I'm Mike Sherman, I'm not mad at all- I'm more concerned with letting a team score that late- no excuses.

And we all know that Mack Brown is 100% class- actually, he is for the most part, although begging for votes is a bit much. (Hey, before I get flamed, my Dad is a UT graduate and I have enormous respect for the university- very hard to win it all in college football). I'm going to the UT game at Lubbock, and if UT is beating us by 30+ and scores with under a minute left, I will have no problem with it. Matter of fact, I'm a Sam Houston alum, and when Tech "ran up the score" against SHSU several years ago, some of my alum were like, "is that necessary?" "Why not? What do you expect them to do, fumble it on purpose? You play every play" was my response.

9. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

In other news USC is up 41-0 against Wash. St. with 4 mins to go in the second QUARTER.

10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

1. The BCS computer formulas no longer include point differentials. They were removed 3 years ago.

2. You are already No. 5 team in the country in a BCS conference, with 6 more games left. No team has gone undefeated in a BCS conference in 2 years. If you do that, you will more than likely play in the NC game.

3. You still have to play 3 teams currently in the Top 10. If you don't beat those teams, no one will care how much you scored against the Aggies. If you do beat those teams, then again no one will care how much you scored against the Aggies.

4. Any poll, BCS/AP/Coaches, means absolutely nothing right now.

Sure in the short term it might at most help you not fall a spot to No. 6, at most. But you would make that up if your team is good enough to win your next few games.

Again, the point is to win the game. Once the game is won, why do this? Now i bring this up mainly because the challenge was a horrible thing to do.

Also the QB sneak is technically a trick play, esp with a Tech team that mainly passes. Now if they had lined up and run a HB lead or dive, then okay. Even a FB dive would be okay.

Now if you try to say he is making Harrell look better. All analysts know that Harrell will have great stats at the end of the season, with or without an extra rushing TD. But he won't be considered for any of the end-of-the-year awards if he does not show up in the big games he has coming up.

11. dandorotik

You see, now that is how you win an argument. You win, I'm wrong. I still don't have a real problem with teams running up a score, but in that situation, Mike Leach probably should have had them take a knee, if only for injury prevention purposes. So I do take him to task for that. But at least he's consistent- he does it every time without fail, even against my alma mater. But you proved your point, thank you. Mike Leach used poor judgment today then, no doubt.

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If I were an Aggie fan I would be embarrassed that Texas Tech has made A&M their b**** to the extent that people are whining up running up the score against them.

13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I am.

Not much I can do though since i am still in debt not a booster who can give 3 million buck to make a change.

14. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

People who whine about the score being run up are such babies. Whine about how much your team sucks instead. The game is 60 minutes long and it's the defenses job to stop the offense. If you're going to fault a team for playing a full 60 minutes, your team probably shouldn't be playing D-I football.

Tech doesn't want to drop a spot despite winning, or get passed over by teams that are perceived to be better. They want their win to look as impressive as possible so that the coaches who do nothing but look at the box scores and cast their votes will look more highly upon Tech.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This thread has 33 more posts than it should.

16. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Just got back from the game, my first trip to Kyle Field. Its amazing aTm has slipped this much when they have an atmosphere like that to show their recruits. I hated that this game was a 11am kickoff it pretty much ruined the tailgaiting experience.

Overall I dont think Tech brought no where near their best game they had numerous chances to put the game away but couldnt do it for what ever reason. It seemed to me they were being a tad conserative (tech wise) .

Our kicker is brutal he should have cost us the Nebraska game. I have 0 confidence in him what so ever from anywhere on the fiel.

In terms of running up the score I'm happy that Tech is always accused of this it means its another W. I dont see the big deal at all 95% of the players that are out there will not make it to the next level let them play a full 60 minutes they only have 4 years of this.

Tech will have a chance to prove their worth in the upcoming weeks so all of the rankings are pretty much meaningless other than for conversation.

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Awesome. :D