1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Oct 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I didn't say he got that for the entire season. I said he had a stretch when he first started playing for us when we had 21 ast to 3 TOs. Look at his numbers starting from the first game against PHX on Nov 17th, until his last game where he was productive, Dec 7th. Here, I'll type it out for us since you're so busy being a smart ass instead of reading my post.

Nov 17 - 2 AST, 0 TO
    Nov 24 - 3 AST, 1 TO
    Nov 26 - 2 AST, 0 TO
    Nov 28 - 7 AST, 0 TO
    Nov 29 - 5 AST, 1 TO
    Dec 05 - 0 AST, 0 TO
    Dec 07 - 2 AST, 1 TO

Ok, so If you add that up, that would be exactly 21 Assist to 3 turnovers. So there you go, proof to backup my statement. Next time take it easy. Make comments with your brain and not your ass.

2. user

user Member

idiot boy. francis didnt try to "drain out the clock" its not like it was part of his strategy. he did it because he CANT do anything but ISO dribble drive. he grew up playing street, he played street at maryland, he played street in houston, only now will he have a chance to be a team player because of the system/his role in the team.

As far as TMACs heat check threes, what great player in the league DOESNT take heat check threes? Tmac shot poorly last year, he is not a bad shooter by any means, his percentages are low because we have a one man offense for the most part. ANTI-LOGIC is r****ded and should be banned from life.

3. Possum

Possum Member

WTF????? When did this happen? If you are going to use stats to back youre argument at least show link.

I got 44 assist 25 TO
    Thats with only scoring 5.5 ppg/ 2.3 RB/ 3/ assist per game while averaging 20 min a game. And now for the amazing part, 0.333 fg% 0.235 3p% 0.565 ft%

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_francis/game_by_game_stats.html

Wow and all this before he was injured. He is awsome we should keep him. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Would someone please explain to me why so many people here think he can help this team? I love the guy but he is a waste of a roster spot.

4. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

be careful man. apparently people here think he is the savior. don't ruin the season for them before it even starts ;)

5. Possum

Possum Member

Angry rat no you didnt! This is what you said and I QUOTE "Before he got hurt in the game against the Warriors, he had 21 assist to only 3 turnovers." UNQUOTE.
    Learn how get youre point across better and people understand you better. You would think with 3337 posts in alittle over a year you would of figured that out by now.

Wow had sad you had to cherry pick a group of games to get youre point across. The saddest part is it just makes youre argument look even worse when looked into.

Nov 17 -- 8pts, 3pf, 0 for 2 3pt, 3 of 11 fg's AWSOME!!!!!
    Nov 24 - 10pts, 3pf, 0 for 3 3pt, 4 of 9 fg's AWSOME!!!!!
    Nov 26 - 2pts, 0pf, 0 for 1 3pt, 0 of 1 fg's AWSOME!!!!!
    Nov 28 - 9pts, 3pf, 1 for 3 3pt, 4 of 8 fg's AWSOME!!!!!
    Nov 29 - 8pts, 6pf, 1 for 1 3pt, 3 of 5 fg's AWSOME!!!!!
    Dec 05 - 2pts, 2pf, 0 for 0 3pt, 1 of 3 fg's AWSOME!!!!!
    Dec 07 - 5pts, 2pf, 0 for 1 3pt, 1 of 5 fg's AWSOME!!!!!

Add that up you get 6.2 ppg, 2.7 pf per game. Thats almost a foul every 2 pts he scored. Doesnt that cancel out each other? AWSOME!!!!!

2 for 11 3pt In those 7 great games he played!! The guy is INCREDIBLE!!! WHAT A SHOOTER!!!! What an INCREDIBLY AWSOME PERFORMANCE!!!!! What was I thinking. Give Franchise a lifelong contract. HE IS THE BEST PLAYER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see I can cherry pick too.

Hows that for a smart ass?????? Next time take it easy. "Make comments with youre brain and not youre ass. "

6. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

i think that's getting a bit too heavy on the sarcasm man. don't make things personal.

Steve's fans are just looking for some hope that he can come back and contribute. If I were a fan of his i'd probably hope for it too.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

Of course. But, why aren't you hoping?

Aren't you a fan of the Houston Rockets? The team that includes Steve Francis.

If that alone doesn't make you have hope, then how about this.

Steve Francis was a player that scored 20 points per game, 5 assists per game, and 5 rebounds per game. And... he is only in his younger 30s.

Now, I know... he lost all his athletic ability apparently... but we don't know that. I don't know that, you don't know that. Some article says he'll get 80%, which is pretty damn good, considering Stevie's athletic ability was off the chart. Some articles says otherwise, then... we hope that Steve matured.

Either way... I will hope for the best, for my team and Steve Francis. :)

8. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

I believe he will be back, and is far from done but it appears that it could be next season before he really gets it going than this one. But if anyone can get back this year he can.

9. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

If brooks continues his current form, steve shouldnt even bother returning. brooks is younger. better shooter. better scorer. better passer and is alot better.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Ok, so I was off by two games. Sorry for going off memory. 17 AST to 3 TOs after the Warriors game. Yeah, BIG difference.

Cherry pick? I already made it clear what I was talking about. Those are stats from the games he first started playing up until the Rockets went on a losing streak. Yes, thats numbers for 7 straight games. If I cherry picked, then I must have cherry picked his first 7 out of 10 games he played the entire season. Real smart buddy.

First off, I posted the 21 AST to 3 TOs to somebody that said all Steve does is dribble the shot clock and make turnovers. Well, looking at this stretch of 21 to 3, that was not the case. He was changing his game to fit the team. I never said he had mind blowing numbers and was shooting lights out.

Quit changing the subject. You tried to make me look like a fool and you failed. Try again. My initial comment was that he had a stretch of 21 AST...oops I mean 17 AST to 3 TOs (before, sorry after the warriors game :rolleyes: ) still stands. Which is what you were asking proof for in your first post.

11. Possum

Possum Member

No Angry rat this is what you said.

Where there do you mention how many games or even that it was a "stretch"? You dont! You throw some stats out threre to to make youre argument look better. You made it sound like that was Francis's stats before he got hurt. You never specified.

Again, show me where you say it was a seven game stretch.

I called you out for using cherry picked stats. You responded with

You called me a smart ass and told me to use my brain, when in fact you hadnt specified a stretch or even mentioned dates or how many games.

Im not changing the subject. You were threw out some stats that helped youre point and I called you out for it justifiably. Also im not trying to make you look like a fool. You are doing a fine job of that all by youreself.

Actually he played in three more games after the games you cherry picked. Dec 9th, 10th and 15th. In those 3 games he had 9 assist and 10 turnovers.
    You convienantly left those numbers out. Hence the cherry picking response. Which is what you did. You took stats from 7 games that best proved youre point. You dont even have the games right. You say after the Warriors game? Well Youre list

Starts with Pheonix and ends with NJN. The Warriors are in there nov 29. Lets add the numbers 30 assist 13 turnovers. Not bad numbers but not quite as impressive as 21 and 3 huh.

Please continue to make a fool out of youreself. I find it entertaining.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMAO ok get picky with what I said. I never particularly said a "Stretch" but his first game was against phoenix and like I said, "before the warriors game". Common sense could tell you what games I'm talking about. You don't have to be a genius to figure it out. Seriously, I listed 7 straight games in a row. 5 games if you want to end with the Warriors game. I was going by memory so big deal I missed it by a couple games. I actually watch games and don't rely on stats only.

I don't see how you could think I'm talking about any other games. He played only 10 games! So if I said "Before the Warriors game" I must be talking about every game up until that one. Sure I never literally said it was a 7 game stretch but I did say he had 21 AST to 3 TOs before a certain game, which was actually two games later.

I left out his last three because those are the games where he played injured. He hurt his tailbone after being fouled on a fast break against the Warriors. Never was the same after that.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reminds me of a childhood nursery rhyme:

Stevie Francis, Stevie Francis
    Where are you? Where are you?
    Won't you come out and play, won't you come out and play?
    squeek swish buzz, squeek swish buzz

14. Possum

Possum Member

lOOK I have been a little on edge lately. Going to Funeral right now. Sorry if I went overboard. All of us here are are brother is red. It should never get personel. You kind of pissed me off with the "smart ass" and "use your brain" comment. That and i hate when people use stats and arent spacific. Pet peeve!! Anyway hail Murrey the great and go Rockets!!!!

15. i3artow i3aller

Houston Chronicle

Francis ‘getting there’
    Steve Francis rejoined the Rockets on Friday for the day’s shootaround and plans to go through his first full practice of the preseason today.

“I’m definitely going to practice ,” said Francis, who’s trying to come back from quadriceps surgery on his right knee . “I feel good. I’m ready to play. That’s been the main concern, the day after practice. We’ll see how it feels as far as the pain.”

Best of Luck Steve. We'd love to have you make a serious impact this year brother.

16. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Where is Francis?

knock on wood but but the time yao and tacy are injured Steve should be ready to play some mins

17. Kot21

Kot21 Member

I dont know why you all want 2 talk about a guy that does not matter right now plus the guy has had it rough the last couple of years anyway Give Him A Break. Before I saw this thread I thought Rockets fans loved Francis. What you all should be talkin about is Artest shootin percentage which is wack, yall betta hope he dont try and be the star when the season begins lol

18. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

ppl want to see steve succeed, whats the big deal? let the belivers believe. i hope steve does well. and if you dont,then thats fine.

doubts? of course there are, but why cant we still root for the guy?

go steve!

19. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

We Believe! Get Well Soon, Stevie! :D

20. Theking

Theking Member

yeah.. well on behalf of stevie franchise your still a ****!