1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where is Francis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Oct 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Question: Where does this Francis is not a good shooter thing come from
    his percentages are similar to T-mac

Let me find that old Francis Hatred thread
    so we can disprove the crap falling out of the mouths of
    the New Francis Hating crew's thread . . . *sigh*

Rocket River

2. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

T-Mac isn't a good shooter either.

3. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

comparing francis to someone who is a notoriously inefficient shooter is not making a good case for him. we all know tracy is a terrible shooter. what's your point exactly?

i'm not a francis "hater". you will never see me "hate" on any player without reason. i'm not a tracy fan, a yao fan, an artest fan, or an any other player fan. similarly i'm not a person that hates any of them either. i am a rockets fan and i want this TEAM to do well. I do not see francis, even if healthy, being able to help this team win.

he. is. done. accept it. move on.

4. flame

flame Member

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Did you even watch him last season? He didn't do any of that. No ISOs, no dribbling down the shot clock, ect. He moved the ball around. Before he got hurt in the game against the Warriors, he had 21 assist to only 3 turnovers. By the way, during this time, this wasn't the 22 game winning streak Rockets. We were trying to gel and struggled with the new system.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: How many GOOD SHOOTERS are there in the league?
    How many are on the Rockets?

Rocket River

7. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

At least Francis would drain the clock. McGrady will pull that stuff as soon as he passes midcourt.

8. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

Question: what does that have to do with the fact that Francis is done?

9. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

are you seriously insinuating that francis is even in the same universe as tracy as a basketball player?

i'm not even a tmac fan but i mean, come on. this is getting ludicrous.

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Where did you see that anywhere in my post? Are you saying that Francis had superior passing options to Scola, Battier and Yao when he was here?

The McGrady fast break: pull-up, heat check 3. CLANK.

11. DPballer

DPballer Member

No, it's a dunk with his left hand.

12. jasona88

jasona88 Member

Where art Stevie Frenchfries...

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Didn't you hear, according to the other thread he's retiring... :rolleyes:

14. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Where is Francis? Counting all the money that he earned from NBA teams while not playing.

15. abrocketsfan

abrocketsfan Contributing Member

LOL McGrady loves that three ... I remember Stockton used to pull up for in transition if his man was peddling back, and he was (unfortunately) money ...

but tmac has wayy too much athleticism to do this as much as he does, and the way he does it is by getting back in transition very slowly and calling for it 3 feet behind the three point line... it's a nice dagger but I wish he finished with a high percentage shot at times

16. jpapi0022

jpapi0022 Member

All this talk about Steve Francis, Jon what is the latest news on him. I mean hasn't it been 3-4 weeks already. I'm assuming that with 2 preseason games left before the regular season starts he can and should be ready to go all out with full contact and practice. Is he having any setbacks or anything??

(Hard to say since he did not travel with the team and there is no practice today. The next practice is Saturday. We'll see if he participates and if he does, if can go the whole way. -- Jonathan)

Lets all pray can hope that he does practice this Saturday if not then at least we all will have our answers about if steve is returning or not even though it is still kinda early but the earlier the better. Lets go Francis!!!!!!!

17. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Word is that it will be hard for him to get back on the court by the All Star break. The year projection for recovery seems to be a hard line instead of a soft one. Close to an ACL rehab time, one year and then another 6 months to really be able to function on it. That being said it is very likely that he will be moved by the trade deadline for LT space or other option if the need arises.

Disappointing but hard life. Looks like he should have had the surgery at the end of the 2006 season.

18. user

user Member

Why do we even feed this moron AntiSmart. Steve Francis NEVER WAS CLOSE TO MCGRADY. NEVER WILL BE. TMACs best year in ORLANDO was 32 5 and 6. Francis will never touch that. Stupid. Who did TMAC have to pass to? Stupid a$$

19. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Ouch. Where are you getting this info from? Steves career has fallen as fast as any I can think of.

20. Possum

Possum Member

WTF????? When did this happen? If you are going to use stats to back youre argument at least show link.

I got 44 assist 25 TO
    Thats with only scoring 5.5 ppg/ 2.3 RB/ 3/ assist per game while averaging 20 min a game. And now for the amazing part, 0.333 fg% 0.235 3p% 0.565 ft%

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_francis/game_by_game_stats.html

Wow and all this before he was injured. He is awsome we should keep him. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Would someone please explain to me why so many people here think he can help this team? I love the guy but he is a waste of a roster spot.