1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Preseason] Rockets @ Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Oct 11, 2008.

1. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

So do we hate them more than Utah??

I still wish more ill affects towards utah than New Hampshire as of now.

2. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Heh. Nah, Utah is still the nemesis. It's more a personal thing than a sports thing. Besides, I'm betting the commentators are from Boston, since that's more the Celtics' regular stomping grounds.

3. Lay-Z-Balla

Lay-Z-Balla Member

Does anybody know what Eddie House said to T-Mac that really got him angry? T-Mac almost threw a punch and its only preseason come on!

4. iRonRon

iRonRon Member

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

6. sook

sook Rookie

no don't say something like that.

We at least respect boston, Utah has nothing to be respected of

7. ThaBlackKnight

I guess T-mac's shoulder is okay... he floored that idiot Walker pretty hard with his left shoulder and elbow. Plus I love the fire that he, Yao, and Artest all showed today.

I will enjoy seeing Ron Artest getting under people's skin this season. Kind of like Dennis Rodman with the Bulls...just does it to make his opponent think about fighting him instead of playing basketball. Its great!!!

8. JayLau910

JayLau910 Member

i missed the first quarter and a half and only got to see parts of the 2nd half but from what i saw, both teams had one of those rare types of hostility towards each other. it was like a respect but also a hatred which you only find in teams that both know how good themselves and the opponent are. i think from what i got to see the celts definitely know the rockets are legit.

i can't get enough from what i've seen. i just can't wait till we have shane and tmac (i know he got to play a little bit) back and in game shape.

i'm really liking landry's game ... but the backup point guard spot is still a tad bit iffy for me. i saw the highlights of brooks' bright moments in the 2nd quarter but every other time it seemed like he and head weren't the least bit efficient. when shane comes back i'm sure it'll knock off someone but not too too comfortable in either of those 2 players. brooks has impressed me this preseason though ... his improvement. head's handles in iso shocked me in that one iso against SA but the crossover that dwade made famous (which luther sometimes pulls off efficiently) is one that requires a lot of strength (more strength than your average crossover move) and against teams with bigger guards like boston, head lost the ball twice trying to do that move ...

hm, not sure how well we're incorporating yao into the offence but then again i haven't watched any of the preseason games fully.

can't wait to see more games.

9. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

my gf (34) has arthritis, most days she's perfectly fine. when it acts up Utah seems like a nice location ...

his shoulder looks fine from the surgery tho'. more importantly, the dang spirit in this team is infectious! reg. season? if scrub Walker (or House) takes out Tracy by technicals, advantage Celtics.

i like the attitude, just needs tempering.

10. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

This was a great game showcasing Artest ability at his finest. No wonder he said Pierce and Kobe don't like playing against him. Wow, he was all over Pierce and frustrated him...it was nice to see. He was very physical and aggressive...was all over the place and got hands on a lot of balls. He was much superior than Battier. I wish Battier can play PF though...that would be great..but i am sure Adelman is going to try to put these 2 on the floor most of the time...probably you're going to see rotation like Barry Tmac Battier Artest Yao or Tmac Battier Artest Scola (or Landry) and Yao more often.

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

The same problem every season.

Mediocore point guards.

I would rather Houston have crappy SFs and PFs then have a crappy PG. PG is that important of a position.

Hopefully Morey has something up his sleeve.

12. monica

monica Member

Really???

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

This depends on Rafer. To me, Rafer is still a very solid point guard. If Rafer could play like the second half of last season, then our PG spot is secured. The rafer last season when Yao was down was playing better than an average PG.

I think RA might run McGrady at the Point this season, if PG is still our problem. Our SG and SF spot can easily be covered.

14. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Biggest event on November 4th is Celtics vs Rockets. Screw an election.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

disagree 100%. I do wish we had a better point guard but I don't think rafer is that bad. we need rafer to be the guy who goes completely unnoticed all game. if he is doing this then he is getting our offense set up, playing solid d, and he is not turning the ball over. I think he can do that easier now that we have artest, barry, and 2nd year guys like scola and landry. if we can get rafer to just shoot the 35% from 3pt land and 40% from the field then we will be fine...anything more is gravy.

16. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Thats what I hope Barry will teach.

17. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

I think it's what he did instead. Hate that punk :mad:

[​IMG]

18. Texas 3 Step

Texas 3 Step Member

Ahh i love it!!! I like the message that we are sending to the C's and the rest of the league... "We are coming for the crown, and anyone who stands in our way will get their a$$ knocked on the ground." I think that Ron Artest's mindset is going to be infectious in the locker room. Its already spread to me. I was ready to jump through the tv screen and start Fn some dudes up! lol

19. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Are there any post-game interview vids?