1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McCain's Crowd Denounced By McCain

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 10, 2008.

1. sook

sook Rookie

just gained a load of respect for the guy, thats the honor hes really about.

If he spent his campaign like this i might actually ahve voted for him, idk he just came off as bitter before.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Stupid Beeyotch..

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Here's a crazy thought. Maybe, just maybe, he meant what he said.

:rolleyes:

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He meant what he said today or what he said yesterday?

He's been all over the place.

5. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

Last election? The one where Kerry was Swift-boated?

With respect to Bush, Democrats is still repeating the same old Bush=bad message. Nothing idiotic about it.

6. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I'm talking more about the behavior of those "supporting" a candidate. Kerry's supporters were much more virulent than Bush's. McCain's are more virulent than Obama's. I don't think anyone who watched either election can disagree with those notions.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Can someone show me an example of people at Obama or Kerry rallies saying things like "terrorist, treason, off with this head, or bomb him" like at these McCain and Palin rallies.

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

It's a start

But instead of saying "no mam, he's a decent family man who I happen to disagree with"

He should have said "No mam! he's an American and a Christian"

Then the mavrick would have stepped up.

9. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

I disagree. What did Kerry supporters do? Use harsh language? Anything worst than being constantly accuse by supporters on the other side as a Vietnam war coward? Can you at least cite a couple examples?

10. rocket3forlife2

McCain won't even look at the guy,did not shake his hands at time, and referred to senator Obama as "THAT'S ONE".Why hasn't he come forth and acknowledged that Obama was not scary before today?

I'm glad he finally said something; I don't know what he was thinking before.

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Tell you what

John McCain buys 10, 15 minutes on national TV and speak to the American people. Stand up and denounce the tone of these attacks and accusations. He does that; I'll believe he's sincere in his call for civility.

#51 mc mark, Oct 10, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  12. halfbreed

Not at Obama rallies but are you saying you don't remember Kerry supporters calling Bush a war criminal and saying he committed treason? It might not have happened on camera at a rally but it certainly was a part of the rallying of the base that took place during that election.

Again, this whole line of posts started when I responded to someone who implied that only people on the Republican side have expressed hatred towards the other candidate. I still stand by my assertion that both sides have people filled with hate and that both sides have improperly used that to rally their bases in recent elections.

Do you honestly think that Kerry wasn't trying to appeal to the voters who viewed Bush as a war criminal and a traitor to the country? Do you think he wasn't trying to appeal to those who wanted Bush tried and executed for war crimes?

13. halfbreed

I think he wrongly listened to advisors who told him that he shouldn't do that if he wanted to win the election. I think he has lost some of the backbone that made him so well respected.

I honestly think that he has gone down a path that he believes to be wrong in order to win the presidency and now he's realizing what he's done. This decision is one of the reasons I will not be voting for him. You cannot compromise who you are to appeal to the lowest aspects of your supporters in order to win an election, in my opinion.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Which is another reason McCain has no business being president. He presented himself as a well-defined rock of stability but it turned out McCain couldn't figure out what he was or wanted to be. This is what happens when a person gets in over their head and drowns.

15. halfbreed

I completely agree. That's why I will not be voting for him.

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I felt a little sorry for McCain watching the video of this transpire. He really let this whole thing get away from him. He wanted to be president so badly and made so many gambles trying to get there. Fact is, he never had much chance. The Republicans were doomed this year. Still, this was his last, best chance and he sacrificed his carefully-constructed reputation in the attempt. McCain stoked the fires of reactionary fear and now the flames have gotten too hot. Today may have been the day he faced the fact that he's lost.

By the way, the woman asked if Obama was an ARAB, not a terrorist. Although it seems clear that the terms are synonymous in her mind. She appeared shocked as hell when McCain corrected her.

17. halfbreed

That's what caught me. I'm trying to figure out why Halperin (the one who first reported the "terrorist" part of the comment) felt the need to add that.

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then he should tell his campaign. While he's saying one thing his campaign is attacking Obama for calling out the tone of some their rallies.

This is a time when he really needs to show leadership. Yet he and his campaign are sending two different messages.

McCain is correctly chastising the frenzied hatred from their rallies. His campaign is defending these people.

19. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Funny how McCain suddenly remembers what honor is supposed to look like after he has finally driven the Republican party off the edge of the cliff of reason, and gotten skewered badly in the media for his historically dishonorable campaign.

What's he trying to do now, save face? Is he going to stop the attack ads and actually attempt to address issues now?

Pathetic. He isn't gaining any respect from me. If it took a consensus outcry from the media and a major plunge in the polls to convince him that being dishonorable was the wrong way to conduct a presidential campaign, then to me he was a liar all along and never had any moral foundation to begin with. If George W. Bush was responsible for wrecking the legacy of the modern Republican Party, John McCain is the one putting the final nails in its coffin.

As a conservative I'm somewhat nervous at the prospect of a completely Democratic-controlled government, with filibuster-overriding power in Senate and all, but at this point it looks like the price we have to pay while in the mean time the Republican party somehow manages to dig deep and find its soul again.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not a conservative, but I'll be honest. I don't think Democrats will make it to 60 seats in the Senate. It's possible, but not probable that McCain will make things so bad that the Dems do take that many seats.

I do think that it will be a sad day if McCain will win. It will show that people gave in to irrational fear, and supported smear over issues.