1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Trackwell, Sep 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Check your facts first. There is only one person to sign with the mle and that's dorsey. Deke will sign for the vet's min or he won't be a rocket.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hope so as well on the Deke portion, but my understanding is he wants more.

3. Rover16

Rover16 Member

The rockets aren't dumb. Of course deke wants more, but he's 100 years old and won't get more than the vet's min from the rockets. His impact with the rockets has been going down each year.

4. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Morey: "Here is $2 dollars!!!!"
    Buddy: "!@#$%^&" "{W_W}"
    Landry: "{Q_Q}"
    Hawks: "Here is $3M"
    Buddy: "I am a great agent, $$$$$"
    Landry: "<3 <3 <3"
    Morey: ("Haha") "I match!"

5. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

yeah this was in the rockets.com article

6. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

^.^ lol

7. Maxgx

Maxgx Member

Am I the solely that believe Morey will not match the 3M/year offer? That's put a 2nd round sophomore with questionable knee into the same league as AI Horford in terms of payroll, which make sense for those teams with desperately need for a pf and a loose salary cap such as Babcats.

In terms of Rocket, I would be conservative. Keep in mind that by break into luxury not only means we pay additional money, but also we lost the portion of money we could receive from New Yorks and Dallas if we do stay below the luxury line as well. That is to say, we would pay much more than 3M if we really want to match.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

LOL!! I love the QQing face best.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

FINALLY, some progress. 3M a year isn't bad, Morey will definitely match that.

Here's to hoping that Landry's knees aren't as bad as some people think they are. I'm concerned about the fact that Landry only played half a season (and playoffs) and got injured. Plus the issue with his knee/s is chronic.

10. Yak

Yak Member

I, too, am worried. Although I am Morey's biggest fan, there is a tiny voice in the back of my mind that says Morey will not pull the trigger on a questionable knee.

But he probably will sign him.

11. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Someone merge all these landry threads. There's currently 3 of them at the moment.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Hopefully, after the rockets sign Landry, he won't be like Ellis and Arenas.

13. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Landry makes a fraction of those players so it's a complete non issue even if he does. It's a total low risk situation. The blazers paid more than 3 times more of landry's entire contract just to make him go away. Rocket won't be losing any sleep over the landry contract if his knees don't hold up.

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

We aren't far from a team in desperate need. After Scola, we have Hayes and Dorsey. Hayes is an undersized, one-dimensional, situational PF and Dorsey hasn't even played a game yet and is already talking about trying the NFL after this contract. Artest can play some minutes at the 4 but we aren't sure he will be here two seasons from now and he is more of a swingman anyway. If not Landry, we need another capable PF given the other options.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Because 3 millions just make us over the luxary tax line, it probably will affect the rockets acquire other players. We still need a backup C. If Rafer's health has problem, we also need a pg. Of course, if Les is willing to pay more money, it will be all good! After all, it is not our own money.

16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

To Dorsey's credit though, he has still managed to lose as a rocket.( summerleague)

17. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

I just did the math and we are at $71,256,225 without paying any partial guarantees and cutting Harris and Strawberry before signing Dorsey or Mutombo. The luxury tax line is $71.15M. Thus, if we match we are in luxury tax land no matter what we do. But hey, the Celtics paid the tax last year and look where that got them....

18. redao

redao Member

This team worth to pay the LT money....

19. wireonfire

wireonfire Contributing Member

I say match. We want Championship. Can't count on Hayes and Dorsey.

20. stab

stab Member

If we can keep him for 3 mil per for the next 3 years...I'm down with that.