1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Red Rowdies Audition ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by envus22, Sep 22, 2008.

1. envus22

envus22 Contributing Member

hey all,

i want to gather some crazy, zany, out-of-this-world ideas to present when i audition for Red Rowdies on Saturday, October 4th.

i was thinking about painting my entire body red and then gathering two other people to do the same and go as the RED MAN GROUP!

my other idea was to get a RED Kool Aid costume and come as Kool Aid... or maybe possibly the Hawaiian punch dude...

i really want season tix cause im a HUGE Rockets fan but im kinda struggling so i need some suggestions... please help

2. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

You should probably be really loud and annoying and come up with clever cheers like "FBI" when there is a call you don't like.

3. Landlord Landry

I think that 'red man group' is pretty good idea. good luck.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Where these on your head...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paint your face/neck like this (but red)...

[​IMG]

Wear these contacts...

[​IMG]

Wear this...
    [​IMG]

On top of this...
    [​IMG]

And wear these...

[​IMG]

That's a start.

5. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Tattoo a Rockets logo on your penis. Strip naked. Your a shoo in!

6. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Bring back Calvin Murphy and his crazy suits

7. rocket farm

rocket farm Member

I will definitely be at the tryouts....how many people made it last year and about how many people tried out?

8. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

There have been two tryouts each year. IIRC, they gave out 30 seats at the first tryout, last year there were between 60 and 80 entrants at the first tryout. The second tryout has historically been at a viewing party and there are always more entrants at the viewing party so your best odds will be on October 4th.

Several suggestions...

Wear a LOT of RED.

Be LOUD!

Themes are good, the "red man group" is a good theme, other themes have included the "Three Amigos," "The Rowdy Biker," "Rowdy Cowboy," etc. If you have several elements that you can fit into a theme, that will score points.

Be as creative as you can.

Involve the crowd in your chats, they are usually more than willing to get into your chants with you if you egg them on, particularly the "historic" Rowdies who had seats last year. They will usually cluster together and are pretty obvious, so when you are trying out, involve them if you can. If you can get into a shouting match with them and show yourself as loud enough, that will help a lot.

Drums and other noisemakers help, make sure you are using them to keep the beat for your chants, save your voice when you are using them because they will drown you out.

I could give you a few other hints, but anything further would put the "historic" Rowdies at a disadvantage and I will not handicap them. They have been Rowdies for a year or two and will almost certainly get seats if they have been part of the core group already. Keep that in mind too, if you don't get a seat it may be a result of the fact that 20 or so will go to those guys and girls, so anyone who is coming in fresh may be competing for 10 seats. Don't feel like you have it sewn up because there are only 60 entrants for 30 seats. Go for it, be red, be loud, be rowdy, and be creative.

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Self immolation.

10. alexdapooh

alexdapooh Contributing Member

Dress up like a red Elton John and sing "Rocketman"

11. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

The red man group is a great idea. Shave your head, cover yourself in rocket red and go crazy. Or dress as a rocket and have sparks coming out of your lardy a$$.

12. YugoRocketsFan

Beat up clutch the bear, and steal his/her suit, and then you can go to every game for free, and mess with fans.

13. envus22

thanks for the advice andymoon!

14. sabesque

sabesque Member

or at least self-flagellation

15. rocket farm

rocket farm Member

how long do the judges give you to show your stuff?

16. envus22

based on last season's auditions, you get 30 secs to convince the judges. this is just enough time to show them how crazy you can get...

any skit ideas??

17. Rowdy Drummer

Rowdy Drummer Member

HELLS YA!!! I WILL BE THERE RED.... LOUD.... ROWDIE AND PROUD!!!!!!

18. mtran

mtran Member

tattoo of 'i <3 head'

19. rocket farm

rocket farm Member

not sure if i'm gonna have enough time for a skit, me and my buddy have a creative series of chants mixed with a lot of energy....I wish more players would buy tix for more rowdies in other sections....good luck to all

any idea of how many people will be showing up?

20. Rowdy Drummer

Rowdy Drummer Member

WELL LAST YEAR, THERE WERE ALOT OF PEOPLE TO SHOW UP BUT NOW THAT ITS THE 3RD YEAR, AND THE ROWDIES ARE KNOWN!!! YEAH ITS GOING TO BE ALOT OF PEOPLE THERE AND ITS GOING TO BE FUN!!!!