1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NFL] Right now, who's the second best team?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Cat, Sep 22, 2008.

?

Who's No. 2?

1. Tennessee

12 vote(s)
    12.6%
  2. Denver

12 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. New York Giants

29 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. Philadelphia

32 vote(s)
    33.7%
  5. Green Bay

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Other (please specify)

8 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. LouisianaRocket

um, why not Fujita, he has been the Saints leading LB for the past 2 years, and plus many more people are out. We went to the NFC Championship 2 years ago with less. I am not being a homer, I am telling you like how it is. You know our injury situation is bad when Jimmy Johnson is saying it is pretty bad, I never known Jimmy Johnson to be in the Saints corner... EVER.

I think you just hate Louisiana and anything affiliated with the state :rolleyes:

Mr. Nay Sayer, Oh AND we had a top 10 defense 2 years ago with less. So POO on YOU!

2. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I'm glad you understand. Next topic!

3. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

He's the leading LB the past two years and the past two years the defense has been so-so (basically bad). Many more people are out but who that would make that great of a difference? Yes, the Saints went to the NFC title game but their defense was much better than it was now and last year. LOL @ the Jimmy Johnson comment, how does that give you anymore credibility?

Then you say I hate LA and anything in it? No, it's called being objective.

BTW, the Saints haven't had a top 10 defense since 2000. Nice try.

5. LouisianaRocket

2006 we had the 10th rank defense.. sir

6. Lil Pun

7. LouisianaRocket

8. LouisianaRocket

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Top 10 defense playing the NFC West isn't saying much.

10. LouisianaRocket

NFC West? This isn't 1993. Saints are in the NFC South, the second toughest divison in the NFC.

11. Asian Sensation

Keywords: when healthy

12. Lil Pun

Actually the last time the Saints were a top-10 defense, they were in the NFC West.

13. LouisianaRocket

ah, I get what he's saying.. iight.

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Teams don't run on the Steelers. That's a fact. Westbrook was a non-factor in the game before he was injured. This is by no means a variable in the outcome of the game.

All the same, I still tip my hat off to the Eagles. This is not sour grapes. They outplayed us and made the big plays when we didn't. The way they absolutely desecrated our offensive line was frightening. I'd pay to see Brady or Romo getting hit the way Big Ben did yesterday.

Fortunately for my Steelers, a disheartening loss like this forces you to make adjustments and do whatever is necessary to improve. Make no mistake: the Steelers will recover from this and still are legitimate contenders to take the AFC.

15. LouisianaRocket

Steelers are my lock for the AFC, and once Mendenhall starts get going with Parker... that team is flat out scary.

16. Lil Pun

Have you seen Westbrook play? He is definitely not a threat just running. He is one of those few players that a defense has to game plan around. He can line up in the backfield and he can line up in the slot and he can be just as effective from both places. He opens up the field for those other backs and receivers and even McNabb himself. He's a difference maker, plain and simple. Would he have made a difference in the other three quarters, it's debatable but to just plain dismiss his absence is crazy in my opinion.

17. baller4life315

Of course i've seen Westbrook play. The way those defenses were playing it wouldn't have mattered. Let's also not forget that the best RB between the two teams did play and got completely shut down.

18. Lil Pun

Maybe, maybe no. The Eagles got the win and that is all that really matters. :D
    Parker better than Westbrook? That's very debatable.

19. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

It's not debatable at all. Westbrook is one the best in the league.

20. baller4life315

Yeah. Right. Who's this Willie Parker guy anyway? :rolleyes: