1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. drpepper

drpepper Member

Did anyone happen to catch the game on WGN. They called the game very well, spoke highly of Cato :eek: , as well as Cat and Mooch???(maybe the assist thing).They weren't that bad to listen to, and it's also intresting to see how other ball clubs see us.

PS- I predict if they pick up J. Williams they will be play off bound within 2 seasons. By then, their big guys will be more acclimated to the game, and their back court would be solid with Rose and J. Will.;)

2. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I watched WGN soft drink, those guys are always quality broadcasters. They complained about calls, but not anymore then any other broadcasters, and they are REALLY into games, something I like. Chicago is just a PG away from being a .500 team and a 7th or 8th seed in the East. Jalen Rose is just awesome. I've always liked him, but he's taken his game to another level. That guy is a legit superstar. Actually Travis Best can run the point well, but if I was Chicago I would draft Jason Williams and send Best off in a package deal for a big man. The Rocks are just a healthy season away from the playoffs, so I guess the future is bright for Houston and Chi-town! :)

3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

on WGN, thats Johnny Red Kerr, right ? Is that Steve Kerr's father ?

4. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

I caught the game on WGN also. Wayne Larivee was very complimentary to the Rockets, especially Mobley. They both were amazed by the shots that Cuttino was making.
    Also, Johnny "Red" Kerr is not Steve Kerr's father. Kerr's father was a professor in Beirut, I believe, and was killed many years ago by terrorists.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I still remember quite possibly the most disgusting display of inhumanity during a sports game in the US. After Kerr's father was killed, an opposing team's fans began chanting where his dad was (or something disgusting like that)... :(

6. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Wow, do you have a link to an article or something on this? I've never heard of that before..

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The Chicago commentators were not bad at all. Kerr had very good insight and the other guy wasn't too shabby either. Any commentator is better than Sean Elliot of the Spurs, and those damn Utah Jazz guys who wouldn't admit to a foul made by the Jazz, if they were at gun point.(sounds like Quitten lol)

That game last night absolutely broke my heart. Cuttino,Cato,KT, and Mooch were fantastic.

Cod:(