1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade down and take Duckett and McCown

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think the texans should not draft Carr at number one but should trade down and take TJ Duckett with the number one they get, with their second rounder, they could get a WR and with their third rounder they could draft Josh McCown from Sam Houston. At houstonprofootball.com someone posted that McCown has beat all of Mcnabb's combine scores. I think he would make an excellent franchise quaterback, and that he is only the fourth best quaterback because he went to a divsion AA school.

What do you think?

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i think you don't spend your first pick in the first round on a RB when you're an expansion team...

i also think that when you THINK a QB is ready to go as a pro player (like the Texans feel about David Carr), then you take that player and you don't gamble on a QB from Division II.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

One of the posters here is a cousin of McCown, I believe. Show yourself!!

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Major gets no love.

5. Nomar

Nomar Member

Hey now, I said I think we are distant cousins. My dad told me that all Texas McCown's are related so THERE!

6. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I'll ever be able to see Josh as anything except the QB he was at SMU. Sitting through Mustang games are tough enough but seeing a QB consistantly throwing off his back foot, off-balanced was pretty dis-heartening. Maybe he went to SHSU and matured a lot, but all the physical skills in the world are great, but I've never seen him translate those skills onto the field, at least not while at SMU. On the other hand, maybe SMU is just a horrible place for a QB to be, because another ex-Mustang, Chris Sanders, found success at a D-II school after transferring and eventually got picked up by the Titans, I think. One thing is for sure, I'm glad Cavan is gone!!