1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3 weeks until training camp / will landry be signed by then?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Sep 9, 2008.

Tags:
?

how will the landry situation play out?

1. Landry, Dorsey, and Deke are all signed before camp starts

199 vote(s)
    45.3%
  2. None are signed in time for camp because DM waits to sign landry first

62 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Dorsey & Deke sign before camp. Landry is signed during preseason or regular season

99 vote(s)
    22.6%
  4. Dorsey & Deke sign before camp. Landry & DM don't reach an agreement, Landry is let go.

79 vote(s)
    18.0%
  1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

with 3 weeks remaining before the first day of training camp i'm starting to wonder if this will become what varejao and the cavs went through last season.

how long will this stalemate last? camp starts soon, then preseason a week later, and finally the season begins.

there is no news on the subject, and there hasn't been for a while. it's common thought that DM is waiting to sign landry before using MLE money to sign dorsey and deke, however if those guys are willing to sign before camp starts and landry isn't then deke and dorsey's salary will cut into the MLE and thus cut into landry's offer.

and so wouldn't it be in landry's best interest to ink a deal before the rockets say we have to sign the other guys? of course. but things dont always work out that way, which is why we have polls to help predict the future!

2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Landry is really shooting himself in the foot. Well, I should say that Buddy Baker is shooting Landry in the foot.

3. Air-Olajuwon

Air-Olajuwon Member

Stop making all this bs-threads about Landry for god sake. It's guys like you that started this whole situation, you guys overrate Landry as hell, he isn't a franchise player, he isn't a starter, he isn't even first guy of the bench. If you guys didn't overrate him we would probably have signed him long time ago and he and his freaking agent would be happy and so would we....

4. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

BEHOLD THE POWER OF CLUTCHFANS

5. ekim

ekim Member

:rolleyes:

Genius.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Screw landry. if he doesn't sign, I wouldn't shed a tear. Seriously, it's crap like this that eventually pisses me off.

I liked his duking last year, but if he doesn't sign before camp....So long.

7. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Frankly there is nothing else to talk about right now. If you can come up with a better subject, "I'm talking to you voice of clichee, who is the thread police"; then you start one.

I sometimes get the feeling that some posters like to get cyber brownie points, in order to get the cyber clout.

Hey, this is a cool poll.

If this were the middle of the season where it is taking up space then I agree with dissing the Thread starter.

But as slow as it is right now, why be such a thread scrooge?

8. Maxgx

Maxgx Member

Enough... DM please kick him and his crappy agent off the wagon and let's move on... Dudes please do not start b******t threads like this again.

9. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Landry could be 12 points and 6-8 rebounds off the bench. It would definitely be nice to sign him.

10. rocket farm

rocket farm Member

no Landry insn't a franchise player or an all star or even a starter but he is important to this team, at games whenever he comes in, the crowd always goes crazy because you know that he is going to throw it down on some chump or get the game winning block/save, or not back down when some sucker knocks his tooth out....he is just one tiny piece to this team but he is a piece that this team needs

11. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Who does Landry think he is? Scola?

12. blender

blender Member

My guess is there is an unofficial offer on the table, but Landry and his agent are willing to wait until the very last minute to see if a better offer will be made by another team. Although Morey would match the new offer anyways, it would still mean a bit more cash for Landry and co., so no reason not to wait.

But I see it all blowing over and Landry signing at the very latest a few days before camp. Dorsey and Mutombo will follow soon afterwards.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dont mind this thread at all.

and my guess is he gets signed next wednesday

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly. i'm as bored as everyone else is right now. the only thing to talk about is this friggin' landry situation, and guess what? there hasn't been any news on this front in weeks. kinda weird. why not discuss?

15. Landlord Landry

Landry may not be franchise, he may not be a starter. But he's a finisher, a warrior, and most importantly, he's clutch.

he was pivitol during our run, and the playoffs. I'm not saying he's gonna make or break our season next year, but why wouldn't you want a guy with his energy on your bench?

because he's injury prone? okay well.......see also: the rest of the houston rockets.

I'm not thrilled about how Landry(or agent) are approaching this deal, but I don't blame other fans for wanting him signed either.

16. rocketanalyist

I'm riding AIR-OLAJUWON on my next overseas trip! :D

17. dexkk

dexkk Member

He's an undersized power forward who didn't even play 1 full NBA season. He was efficient last season because nobody really paid attention to him. He also has a history with injuries and isn't young for a rookie. If they're going to overpay him, I'd rather they don't sign him at all.

18. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

If he can develop his shot, though, we should sign him.

HOWEVER!

The main situation is this: We don't HAVE to sign him. But we also can't allow other teams to sign him, for fear of him being awesome.

If our only choice is to stalemate into where Landry goes overseas, so be it. At least he won't have a chance to terrorize us.

19. Maxgx

Maxgx Member

How many times did Landry prove whatever he is a player as you described? Using your standard I would call M Taylor a scoring champaign and Cato a dominant center.

20. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

All he did that was "clutch" in the playoffs was block the hell out of Deron's shot.

All that did was provide false hope for us. We don't need Landry. We have Scola (offense) and hopefully Dorsey (defense).

Luisey DorScola?