1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it possible that we sign back BW?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by romain, Sep 6, 2008.

1. chinese

chinese Member

I love Bouncing Whale, I love Bonus Whacks....Sign him up.

2. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

new here ... but common people signing wells is a complete and utter waste of a roster spot, bench spot, and money.(even if its cheap). we need to be thinking of getting a tall (6'11 or higher) strong rebounder. when it comes down to it our biggest problem is still rebounding when a rebound is desperately needed in the 4rth quarters of games that are close and matter. and wells or a point guard dont solve that problem. should try to package head with landry or whoever is needed to get a solid rebounder

3. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

you know i think joel pryzbila or frye might be available ...

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Bill Worrell is still with the Rockets. No need to sign him back, he will forever be a Rocket.

5. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

I don't know its hard to say. He could be very solid backup for us. Like what most of you have said, he has great low post skills and is an upgrade over head. However, if he comes to houston out of shape then we are better off without him. On paper we would have a very deep squad if we can add bonzi to the mix. Battier will backup Artest. Brent Barry/Luther Head can come off the bench to play the 2. Steve or Brooks will be Alston's understudy. As for Bonzi, he can play a vareity of positions: SG, SF or PF. Ultimately, it depends on the amount of money he is asking for.

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I say do it. It will only cost a season's supply of Shipley donuts.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i'm torn between this one. i thought it was a mistake trading bonzi last year but fortunately for us bonzi was on a steep decline. bonzi has fallen off hard. come to think of it, what other player has regressed so much in 2-3 years? i think most of it is mental. after he lost his 40 mill contract he never became the same. i say sign him just because i miss seeing bouncy whales. :D

8. sparky

sparky Member

LOL that is great. Worrell always brings his A game.

9. Albert Einstain

I do hope morey lands some beefy guys instead of those like pork :D
    Bonzi is too fat to play 2 yet too undersized to play 4 , the only position he can play is just 3 where we have already got 2 great defenders . In a word , there is no room for bonzi to land in houston because he is too big . :D

10. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Vote NO on Get Bonzi?

Man is a cancer.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I'll take Bonzi over Luther Head ANY day.........

12. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

trade luther head for BOTH!!...make it happen morey!!

:D

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we don't need bonzi. we need a point guard.

14. user

user Member

So true. I don't know what's Alston doing, but this guy cannot make his layup after how many years of pro basketball?

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Maybe, possibly, if Ron Artest could stick up his ass and force him to play to his capability, but only if we can't resign Landry. Other than that, forget it.

16. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

You can have one crazy sucker on a roster (Ron Ron) but if you get two they will breed.

17. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Thats the thing, if we dont re-sign landry which is highly unlikley, maybe her's the insurance plan?. well i remember feigan saying the rockets are done with him under any circumstances, so who knows.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

If the Rockets have an available roster spot it'd be better for them to add another player with the reputation of being good locker room guy like croshere.

19. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

no...stay away.

20. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

I could see Bonzi and Artest getting each other into trouble so just for that factor I would hesitate to sign him.