1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Yao Ming! You are pissing me off!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by adagio75, Aug 26, 2008.

1. MacFu

MacFu Member

You actually have a point after you have done away with the r****ded name calling and whining about the 'remorse'. You have reclaimed your dignity. *standing ovation*

2. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Dang since when did this BBS become so anti-Yao? lol anyways, as long as Yao is giving his best everytime he suits up in Rockets uniform, that's all you can ask of him. The fact is he brings it every night.

The stress injury is well regretable but Rockets organization knew before signing Yao that he will always play for his country, no pre conditions. You can't all of a sudden change the rules because he is in now with the Rockets. Like you said, we can always trade him and no one is stopping us from doing that. So if we are not planning on doing that then all you can do is yes deal with it. Stop cussing Yao and his fans because you don't like the arrangement.

3. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

... irony much?

On the other hand, I find this line of thought very acute based on what one would feel based on another person's priority. Yao's priority is to his national team. He loves his country and the Olympics is based in his home country. China, from what was announced, have waited almost a century for this, and am finally to get it. To him, to represent China in Beijing is an honor that would never be surpassed. The "haters" are showing and this was all well known way before the Rockets even drafted Yao.

This is the package that he comes in. (notice the paragraphs) He dedicated his life to become a better player, and a major part of it is so that he could represent his country in the best way that he could. This IS his priority and none of you really have any authority to say otherwise. He was emotional when the Rockets lost and felt that he let them down, but to criticize him for what he felt is important to him is pretty ironic. You're bashing him for what he feels based on what you feel....

Finally, the Olympics is a very big deal for most countries, and even to half the US as to speak. The only difference is that the US's major sports have their own professional leagues to call their own. The "look out for number 1" attitude is placed in our country where in China, the "one for all" is a major component in which people are raised to. To start a rant over what he felt was the greatest moments of his life is just ridiculous.

4. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Dont act like those players care oh so much about an NBA title. Is that why Kobe and Lebron and Wade and any of those guys would give up a year or two in their prime to go play in Europe for 50 million bucks.

How politically correct is it to say, yeah I would leave the Lakers high and dry so I can make a bunch more money and dominant sub par talent in Europe. Im not saying its a bad choice, Im just saying dont pretend there are not more important things to these players then an NBA title.

Lastly, this Olympic gold is something these players have a chance to go after once every 4 years. It means a lot now especially since the rest of the world got so much better. Did you see how Kobe and this team was treated over there. Much more fame and fanfare then they get here. Plus, how many people watch the NBA finals worldwide or even here in the states, vs. how many people saw this team play the last two weeks. Not even close, so dont assume the NBA title is the only title of significance.

5. blk5g

blk5g Member

if you were a player and lets say you play in europe for more money the olympics come around and your playing for the country you represent whatever it may be do you really care about a europe title more than the gold for you country if you prefer a championship your out of your mind and you arguing for no damn reason this thread is dumb it bothers eveybody that he says that cause we love houston and we want him to just as much but we grew up loving the rockets he grew up loving china. leave it alone and just wait for this great year of basketball to come and enjoy.

6. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

lol you are mad because someone thinks playing for china is more important the winning a championship

and yao is someone hes not ur b**** hes just a regular person like all of us (except for his height) he can do/say whatever the f he wants...he'll just lose a fan like u but i doubt he gives a sht

7. MacFu

MacFu Member

Psychologists and Therapists think cussing at other people with your keyboard on the internet can make someone feel more like a man. It's called macho therapy.

8. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

"It's the biggest thing for me ever," LeBron James said. "I got to the NBA Finals, and I thought it was pretty big for me. But winning an NBA championship never would compare to winning a gold medal for my country." Arizona Republic

is there any problem with yao' comments? if you still have, you're nuts.

9. DaDream

DaDream Member

He be China's Bi*ch!

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

um they've "said" those things, have they done it? will anyone think they'll do it? NO. all those 3 guys want to be legends in this game (esp. kobe) and if they leave, well, let's say their status in this game won't be as good. so don't be naive.

to your 2nd comment, how did kobe get so famous? he never played in china before and got big ovations. umm... yea, he got famous from PLAYING IN THE NBA. you don't get famous in basketball for playing in the olympics. if so, vspan would be one of the most famous basketball players in the world.

don't compare the NBA to sports like gymnastics/swimming. you make your name in the basketball world in the NBA, not the olympics.

in the US, look how much ESPN talks about olympic basketball just a few days removed. NOT MUCH. you don't hear any fanfare on sports radio about olympic basketball 2 days removed from it.

11. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Well....because this thread fails...picture to come later.

12. t_mac1

yes, that's why the moment he lost in the finals, he said he came back o the gym the next week and worked his butts off so he can get back there again.

lebron has never won anything in his life until the gold medal. so to a player like him, it IS the biggest thing, until he wins a championship.

like i said, have you seen an NBA player cry over winning a gold medal? i've said the greatest players cried winning a championship or losing. HELL, our own tracy mcgrady cried losing in the damn first round.

13. shaaz w

shaaz w Member

Are you done with your sarcasm?

It is not about one person loving his country and blah blah blah

It is about common sense..... you play all year, you get stress fracture.
    you get stress fracture, you miss games, you eat 11 million, you let team down, smart fans see the big picture after giving you a chance for 3 yrs in a row. Now man up and say NO to summer leagues in China, when you should have been long ago!!

14. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

First Yao hasn't won an NBA championship yet either. Second, gosh why are we speaking for others. Lets not pretend we know people. "I know Kobe will not $50MM because blah blah", I know Lebron wants NBA more blah blah. If you are taking Yao's words at face value, lets do so for Lebron and others as well.

15. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

. . . and it was all a show so everyone would look at him . . .

16. t_mac1

all i know is i simply saw smiles/hi-fives/hugs when our players won their gold medals. then went home and not much fanfare are talked about it.

when i see players win NBA championships, they cry like men shouldn't cry. michael jordan held onto that trophy and cried like no other. KG cried when a reporter interviewed him immediately following the win. and i can name a few other examples.

i'm just saying when i see with my own eyes. until i see a kobe or lebron fall to the floor the moment they won and cry their hearts out when they win a gold medal, then i can claim a gold medal mean that much more than an NBA title to them.

17. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Summer leagues?? He plays when his country needs him in key international tournaments such as Asia cup etc. and in the past for world championships and including important qualifying tournaments. Yao will never so no to his country. I am sure when the time comes and when its convenient Rockets will trade him, until then deal with it.

18. Rockza

Rockza Rookie

Maybe because those dream teams were expected to win and won quite easily. Regardless, this 2008 team showed lot of emotion because it was a really tough win. And once again, lets take Lebron's and Kobe's word for what it is just like you are taking Yao's. Everything else is hypothetical and imaginary.

19. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Can you imagine the humiliation if the U.S. had lost with it's best players? Geesh, I think the whole world would look at the World Champion in the NBA title and mock it.

I bet you that there were a lot of people sweating it near the end.

20. adagio75

adagio75 Member

appreciate the responce. I only posted the thought to simply see what others thought about the quotes by him. It seems that some clutchcity folk try to make things that are said personal.