1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI.com] New Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chuck 4, Aug 15, 2008.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

only cause yao's 08 season fell short due to injury and no post season.

2. Albert Einstain

Actually man.with out barry the spurs will be nobetter than the bobcats .my list:
    Supersonics(Oklahoma city now)
    Memphis
    Timberwolves
    Kings
    Utah :D

3. jae713

jae713 Member

Thers no way NO is better than us,LA is our biggest competition in the west and IMO our defense is superior to theirs.

4. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

Does anyone here think the grizz could maybe contend for the final playoff spot. I really like the lineup of conley/mayo/gay/warrick/darko

I see the west being

1.HOU
    2.NO
    3.LAL
    4.SA
    5.UTAH
    6.PHX
    7.POR
    8 either Dallas/LAC/Mem/Den

I don't know why I fell like this the grizz have been awful forever except for those few playoffs years but I just think Iavaroni style bball with that lineup is gonna be really exciting and could take some people by surprise

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Sorry Jogo, but this is really funny!

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Exactly!

7. Rowdy Drummer

Rowdy Drummer Member

now this is actually one that i like.... but nah, i don't see memphis at the 8th spot and portland will be replaced with denver in the 7th spot. but ya, i like this one.

8. Rowdy Drummer

Rowdy Drummer Member

now this is one that i like, but i will put denver in the number 7 spot and i don't ever think that memphis will win a ring...

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I didn't want to start a new thread... but USA today's preseason power rankings...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/power-rankings.htm

Remember don't shoot the messenger.

10. droxford

droxford Member

11. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

what?! wow, the 76ers ahread of us?! LOL!!!!

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

wait.... what? so the author is basically saying we'll be worse this year than last, even though we added artest and barry and lost practically nobody from last years 55-win team? is that what he's saying??? because that's what i'm reading.

nevermind the fact that he puts a completely unproven portland at 5 spot.

13. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

also. the portland blazers, didnt brandon roy just got surgery? and plus, that team is still unproven i dont know why they are ahead. and im still upset about the 76ers yea, they have a aging brand, they are also unproven, rockets have players proven from last years to win, and this off season we added without losing any so how can we be that low?

14. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Member

We finished last season with 2 fewer wins than the best team in the West. We did that without Yao for months, and since then we've added Artest, and given up practically nothing.

Until this team proves itself, I don't necessarily think we should be above Boston in the power rankings, but putting us below anyone in the West except possibly the Lakers is questionable.

Every year I predict 60 wins for the Rockets. I'm going with 60 again this year. That would have been enough to get us the top seed last season. I'm also going to say this is the year that Yao doesn't have any major injuries.

15. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Knock on a few blocks of wood would ya? :)

Yeah I was completely flabbergasted when I read those rankings. That's why I didn't want to give them their own thread, because they are so pathetic.

16. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

I know why, it would be a guaranteed 1 star thread. :D That ranking... :eek: I'd say jogo was closer to the truth...

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Just opened this thread today and until I read your post I was thinking that its crazy how fortunes change with a few moves. I was thinking phoenix and hadn't even thought of dallas. the west is just sick with talent.

18. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I predict Miami will be better than Philly, and Portland will not make the PO

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

20. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member