1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tom.com] Chris Kaman represents Germany

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by freemaniam, Jul 2, 2008.

1. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

no. :p

but i just read that rockets rookie donte green was born in munich and has a german passport. i wonder if he's interested in playing for our national team... it's too late for the beijing olympics but if he develops well he would be a nice fit 2012.

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Yeah I know I'm really late to the party here, but I guess it surprised me today to read the ESPN article about this (I've been pretty busy and out of the loop).

link here: http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summe...mnist=sheridan_chris&page=kamanfeature-080817

I would like to chime in an add that while I don't feel strongly about this, for yeah it is just basketball and the Olympics are way overblown imo and hyped as a movement and something greater than games when it really isn't...it's just games and money with some real heart by the athletes and real caring by many fans, but mostly about money when it comes to the people running things...I digress...

So yeah, not a big deal, but I don't agree with the decision to allow Kaman to play for Germany. Great-grandparents shouldn't count. Being born in a country counts. Working or living in a country counts. So I get it with Becky Harmon...she's in the WNBA in the summer but also in the Russian league living and working during their season. It just doesn't make sense to me that Kaman got the citizenship. I mean, at least get a summer home in Germany and be a summer resident or something. Oh well.