1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why couldn't our jerseys be simple like the chinese national team ones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockbox, Aug 10, 2008.

Tags:
?

Which jerseys do you like better

1. The current rocket jerseys

110 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. The chinese national team jerseys

80 vote(s)
    42.1%
  1. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

That's probably because they were both made in China. I like the new cut and fit of the olympic(And some college) jerseys. Still that black and red jersey in that photoshop pic that floating around would be sweet!!

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Really nice jersey sported by Rafer.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Please yes.

4. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Either stick with these jerseys always, or switch to the black and red ones. (If i had a choice I would pick the black and red...those are just AMAZING)

5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I wish the Rockets jersey are just simple DARK BLOODED RED!!! No stripe or anything...just ALL RED!!! That's right...it's going to look like a devil and opponents are going to fear you when they see it.

6. Th3 Drunk Goat

\m/ :mad: \m/

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Their numbers are a different font.

8. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

Once a year I would like to see them wear the pj jerseys. Maybe have a whole pj themed game. First 1000 fans get a free Ron Ron pillow case!

9. Th3 Drunk Goat

Rockets 2008 - 2009 Jerseys? [​IMG]

10. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Has anyone see the retired Carroll Dawson jersey at Toyota Center? The wide cut of our current jersey looks horrible as a retired jersey, and looks childish hanging next to the 95 jerseys.

11. robby_33

robby_33 Member

:eek: :eek: WHERE can you get those from????

That's sick, i'm in LOVE!!! :D

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

No thanks to the McDonald's from the dark side jersey.

I don't think the Milky Way deserves to be on any sports jersey

13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Oh god no!! Looks like someone drank too much milk and got sick on them!! Why must they always got over the top?

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Unless the Rockets are planning on changing their names to the Houston Power Rangers, "it's time" to get new jerseys.

15. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

If you look closely, the patterns are actually different, although they do look very similar at first glance.

-G'day-

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

This has got to be the millionth thread about our jerseys, and about the same comments over and over again...actually the same verbatim word for word.

Look, the Rockets aren't going to change the jerseys just because you guys are whining about it incessantly. It sells and that's the bottom line.

And again with the black and red jersey idea, you guys have lousy and boring taste. Nothing more common and boring these days then the ole black jersey, it doesn't look cool and doesn't look tough, it looks played out and not much thought into it. Might as well put collars on the jerseys and pop them up.

17. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Is there any way to petition for a new jersey.

18. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

good.... you agree that majority of the BBS members HATE our current jerseys... atleast the pj jerseys had the actual shape of a basketball jersey.

Why do posters like you complain about a legitimate issue that MANY fans have about the jerseys... Majority of fans do not want something flashy and shiny... Why can't they just go back to the championship jerseys with some slight modifications is beyond me.

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

If we want to continue with the current space suit theme, we can always make these our alternates:

[​IMG]

Make em red and white, add logos, numbers, etc...

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I agree that out of about 28,000 members, about 10 to 20 of the same members post the same exact words they posted the last time a jersey thread was started...Ad Nauseam.

I got no problem with the current jerseys, but that's more because I hated the flying dildo jersey. I wouldn't mind a slight redesign and more style to it, but these regularly scheduled whine about the jersey threads from the select few is kinda gay. You guys act like we were still wearing the flying dildo jersey, now that one needed to be gone pronto.

And the flashy shiny material on our jerseys are not just aesthetics, that material helps to keep the body cooler.

So I have basically 2 of my own whiny points about you guys who whine regularly on our jerseys:

1. The cut of the jersey is fine to me, you guys act like it was jorts or popped collars.

2. Most of the suggestions I've seen for a new jersey or alternate one are either butt ugly or common and boring, dare I say that the suggestions probably reflect the type of members who are suggesting them. I pray to god that the Rockets do not read these jersey threads or use any of the suggestions.