1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Were you guys rooting for Yao or team USA today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texastiger22, Aug 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Convictedstupid

I guess I could root for USA because Keith Jones is one of the athletic trainer?

2. Clutch34

Clutch34 Member

I was rooting for Yao hoping he would block everything, grab every rebound, and score on every possession, but cheering for USA the rest of the time!
    Go Yao! Go USA!

3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Yao

i don't want Team USA to win gold anyway
    i hate Kobe
    i hate Melo
    i hate LeBron
    i hate Deron
    i hate Boozer
    i hate Wade
    i hate Bosh
    how can i root for a team with all those hated players?

4. SeeingRocketRed

I cheered for Yao to do well, but I found myself yelling at the tv because of the stupid play of the Chinese guards who never pass the ball, even when trapped at half court.

r****ds.

I'm happy the US won though.

5. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Wow why do you hate all of those players? I'm not a fan of some of them but I don't hate every single player listed.

6. bball1217

bball1217 Member

I rooted for U.S.A. to win, but for Yao to do well. 13 and 9 with 2 blocks is pretty good for someone who is 70% healthy with his ankle and going against some of the best players in the world.

I hope
    U.S.A brings home the Gold. :)

Argentina gets Silver

And China gets Bronze.

That would be cool I think.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Realize they represent the country you live in, that's how.

8. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

loozers and willianms don't play for USA they play for Utah, a different country.

9. automorph

automorph Member

i almost died when Yao was clutching his leg.........have to cheer for Scola now

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

To be honest, I stopped rooting for the USA after first two dream teams and the college players.

Because, all of the above had heart, put their A-games out on the floor, everytime they played.

I just don't like this particular Dream...no American team, it has every player on it I don't really like all that much, Dwight Howard, Kobe, Carlos Boozer, Deron Williams, Mike K (the Coach from Duke), Chris Paul, and etc.

It does seem like a real team, it seems more like the most notables they could find and they put the team together.

But I have to be honest, if any of my other favorite players, Olajuwon, MJ, or Kareem played on another countries team I would probably be secretly rooting for that team. Especially if the USA has it's current cast.

11. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

kobe - rapist
    boozer/deron - jazz
    melo - syracuse, beat texas in final 4
    bosh - because of raptors fans
    wade/lebron - disrespect of the olympics saying they don't know where their bronze are. everyone would love to have one

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0WMy-u8Su2g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0WMy-u8Su2g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. wizard

wizard Member

Since it is the olympics and they are playing for our country, I was rooting for the USA. Be the only time I root for guys like Deron and Boozer unless there in London too. Was rooting for yao too of course and definitely not to get hurt.

14. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

This thread is sad. We are americans and I'm hoping our team wins the gold. Who cares about Yao right now? He's on the China team - not the Rockets.

15. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

Cheering for boozer is nowhere near as disgusting as it was rooting for karl malone when he was a dream teamer.

16. Chopped

Chopped Member

i was cheering for yao, shed a tear when he went out when the game got out of hand but was still cheering his team on :( . what a great person.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

I'm American and I was pulling for China in this game because of Yao. If USA plays Argentina I will pull for Argentina because of Luis.

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Were you routing for Yao or the whole team? I wanted Yao to play well but i didn't want them to win.

If the US is playing Argentina in the gold medal game, would you rather see Luis win than you're own country?

19. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Rooting for Yao but I wanted USA to win.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I was hoping team usa would win by 50 points. Chinese team is not very good. I mean it is neat to hear about an underdog make it, but I much rather watch a USC Texas match up. Therefore lets put Spain Argentina us and greece in a pool and let them duke it out.